Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2143965 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #210 on: October 08, 2006, 07:10:21 pm »
David -

I wasn't sure if I could face your board today because my beloved Colts almost blew it! But since they pulled out a win, I can face my fellow Hoosiers and others with a smile on my face!

The day is beautiful here! I am guessing it is even more so in Indy. Nothing is more breathtaking than seeing the blue sky against the changing leaves. But what I understand .... this beauty will be short lived. Apparently rain and snow mix is expected by the end of this week. Hmmmmm .... it's so great living in Indiana!  :-\

Hi Diane!

I watched that game too. I bet Tony Dungy  had some choice words for the Colts after the game. That shouldn't have happened. The Colts were 4-0 and Tennessee was 0-4. There is no excuse for that game. Indianapolis should have won by more than one point! During the first half of the game it looked as if Indianapolis was going to lose... on their home turf.... against the 2nd worst team  in the league (I apologize to anyone who lives inTennessee, but it's the truth  :-\). I think Indianapolis thought this was going to be an easy win and didn't even prepare for the game. They found out differently, didn't they? Indianapolis better change its attitude quick if they want to make it to the Superbowl this year. A "swell head" will get them nowhere. The Indiana Pacers have this very same problem.  >:(

Edit: Peyton Manning sure does have a cute ass though!  :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 07:12:34 pm by David925 »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #211 on: October 08, 2006, 07:19:59 pm »
But what I understand .... this beauty will be short lived. Apparently rain and snow mix is expected by the end of this week. Hmmmmm .... it's so great living in Indiana!  :-\

Well you know what they say here: If you don't like the weather, wait a minute.

Yes. I heard that forecast too Diane. It's depressing, isn't it? I told you the wooley worms (caterpillars) looked very furry this year!

Here's a random fun shot, courtesy of the Indiana Beach website.

I LOVE that commercial for Indiana Beach. I  haven't seen it on tv this year. They use to run it all the time. Don't forget about Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana Larz. I'll try to find some pics of it on the Internet.

Thanks for all the info and pictures Larz! The more pictures we can post in this thread, the better!  :)

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #212 on: October 08, 2006, 07:28:45 pm »
Edit: Peyton Manning sure does have a cute ass though!  :D

Peyton does have a cute ass, I must say!  :P ;) But I was about ready to kick many of the other's asses, because they were so stupid!!! They should realize by now that the Titans always play the Colts hard. There is a rivalry there (to say the least)! Errrrrr .... and yes, the Pacers have squandered their chances, too. If they would only realize the truth!!! MAYBE we could get a WIN for a change! hmmmmm .....
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #213 on: October 08, 2006, 07:31:26 pm »
Well you know what they say here: If you don't like the weather, wait a minute.

Yes. I heard that forecast too Diane. It's depressing, isn't it? I told you the wooley worms (caterpillars) looked very furry this year!

I LOVE that commercial for Indiana Beach. I  haven't seen it on tv this year. They use to run it all the time. Don't forget about Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana Larz. I'll try to find some pics of it on the Internet.

Thanks for all the info and pictures Larz! The more pictures we can post in this thread, the better!  :)

I hadn't seen the advertisement this spring either David, but I almost typed the phrase while describing Indiana and decided instead to go find the bird.  Seems like he's supposed to be a crow, famous for eating corn but finding other interests, namely the rides at Indiana Beach.  lol

Hmmm, I wonder if he flies south for the winter.  Indiana Beach is now closed for the season according to the website.

Yes, Santa Claus Land was always fun.  I've not been there in years, though I noticed the adverts in last spring.

See you later.  

~Larz

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #214 on: October 08, 2006, 07:33:18 pm »
Hey Everyone....

Feel free to chime in and tell me/us about where you live too! I know this thread started out about Indiana, but it certainly doesn't have to stay that way!

"The Heartland" can be anywhere really. Everybody lives in "the heart" of something; the heart of New York, Florida, or Europe! Maybe you live in the "heart" of your neighborhood!

If you are reading this thread and you feel like posting some pictures or telling others about your town, state or country, please do!

This thread doesn't have to be about JUST Indiana!  :)

injest

« Reply #215 on: October 08, 2006, 07:37:03 pm »
Well Jess, unless you were around a bunch of gay men (or perhaps a woman) nobody probably even noticed your shoes.

Did they?

Of course, shoes are the very first thing I look at when I see somebody.

(Unless it happens to be a cute guy. In that situation, I check out his ass first, THEN his shoes).

*David meeting cute guy....'hello, nice to meet you...could you turn around please?"*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #216 on: October 08, 2006, 07:40:49 pm »
I hadn't seen the advertisement this spring either David, but I almost typed the phrase while describing Indiana and decided instead to go find the bird.  Seems like he's supposed to be a crow, famous for eating corn but finding other interests, namely the rides at Indiana Beach.  lol

Hmmm, I wonder if he flies south for the winter.  Indiana Beach is now closed for the season according to the website.

Yes, Santa Claus Land was always fun.  I've not been there in years, though I noticed the adverts in last spring.

See you later.  

~Larz

Yeah, Santa Claus Lane (now Holiday World) has grown a bunch since we were kids. It was just down the road from me when I lived in Evansville. They now have four or five different roller coasters (one of them is the fastest, longest or something like that, in the world.. or at least it was while I was living down there).

I'll try to find some pictures of it and post them here!  :)

Peyton does have a cute ass, I must say!  :P ;) But I was about ready to kick many of the other's asses, because they were so stupid!!! They should realize by now that the Titans always play the Colts hard. There is a rivalry there (to say the least)! Errrrrr .... and yes, the Pacers have squandered their chances, too. If they would only realize the truth!!! MAYBE we could get a WIN for a change! hmmmmm .....

Well, I guess we'll find out soon enough whether this season will be a good one or not. I think the Indianapolis Colts have next week off, so hopefully they will review their game and strategy and play better in a couple of weeks.

Then again, maybe not!  ::)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 01:12:19 am by David925 »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #217 on: October 08, 2006, 07:41:52 pm »
*David meeting cute guy....'hello, nice to meet you...could you turn around please?"*

Jess... are you sure we have never met in person before?

You seem to know me so well!  ;)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #218 on: October 08, 2006, 07:43:09 pm »
Hi David,
I was wondering if this song was a bigger hit in your state than it was in mine.  Do you remember this song?     

"Indiana Wants Me"

(As recorded by R. Dean Taylor)

Mmmm, mmmm

Indiana wants me, Lord I can't go back there
I wish I had you, to talk to

If a man ever needed dyin' he did
No one had the right to say what he said about you
And it's so cold and lonely here without you
Out there the laws are coming
I'm scared and so tired of running

It hurts to see the man that I've become
And to know I'll never see the morning sunshine on the land
I'll never see your smiling face, or touch your hand
If just once more I could see
You, our home, and our little baby

Indiana wants me, Lord I can't go back there, oh

I hope this letter finds its way to you
Forgive me love for the shame I put you through
And all the tears
Hang on love to the memories of those happy years
Red lights are flashin' around me
Yea love it looks like they found me

("This is the police, you are surrounded, give yourself up")
("This is the police, give yourself up, you are surrounded")

(c) Copyright 1970 by Jobete Music Co., Inc.

I thought it was really funny!
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

injest

« Reply #219 on: October 08, 2006, 07:44:08 pm »
Jess... are you sure we have never met in person before?

You seem to know me so well!  ;)

:P :laugh: :laugh:

It is all Wulfars fault!! He is a bad influense....real bad!!