Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2145786 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #230 on: October 08, 2006, 10:22:51 pm »
I sure do remember that song Diane! Thanks for posting the lyrics to it!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #231 on: October 08, 2006, 10:28:29 pm »
Great pictures of Cody, David!!  What a sweetie!  I remember you telling me about him the very first time we chatted on here! 

Thank you for your *thank you* earlier, but not necessary.  It's for my own personal growth as much as for you and yours. ;)  Actually - that's divisive, isn't it?  It's for all of us in our many varieties.

Those were some sobering stories about your friends' rights during medical crises, estate planning, and about you actually losing your job!  Sadly, I'm afraid it's all too common in the world right now.

I wore my 'What're you waitin' for, cowboy, a matin' call?' shirt on the plane Friday (courtesy of our own newyearsday/Jenny), which I found wonderful for starting conversations.  I got several grins and a raised eyebrow... which led me to ask if they got the reference...when they said 'No'...I got to launch into my favorite subject.  :P

The 'sending up a prayer of thanks' shirt just doesn't generate the same response.  ;D

Maybe, one day, one mind at a time, we'll be able to nudge (or wedge) them open.

-Lynne

Thanks Lynne! Yes, we can only hope to change people... one at a time, just like you said.

And thanks to everyone for your compliments of Cody! He thanks you too! Hopefully he won't develop an attitude from all these compliments!   :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #232 on: October 09, 2006, 01:45:55 am »
Oh and the mums look nice too!  I love late summer and fall when they are in bloom everywhere.

~Larz

Thanks Larz! Actually, I bought most of them at Wal-Mart.   :(

hehe.

It will probably be Christmas before I get them all planted.

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #233 on: October 09, 2006, 06:13:39 am »
How many of you Hoosiers out there remember this guy?.......

His name was Sammy Terry and he scared the CRAP out of me when I was a kid.

He hosted a show every Friday night called "Nightmare Theater". I use to sneak out of my bed every Friday night at 11:00 just to watch him. I don't know why. Like I said, he scared the crap out of me. Nightmare Theater would feature two horror movies (movies like Dracula or the Mummy) each week. Sammy Terry had a pet rubber spider named George.

I would crawl out of my bed, sneak downstairs and watch Nightmare Theater. Of course in those days, it was broadcast in black and white. Years later, I took violin lessons at Family Music Center at 46th and Shadeland, and Sammy Terry owned the store! His real name was Bob Carter.

Gotta love Sammy Terry!  WTTV4 as I recall.  Did you ever see him while attending your violin lesson?

Once Mr. Carter came into my high school while we were in band class.  The bandleader left the class unattended while they spoke in the office and the entire class was a buzz, "Is it him?"  "Is it who?"  "Sammy Terry!"  "That's Sammy Terry?" "Maybe, I think so" "I think that's him".  LOL it was hard to tell without George and the makeup but we later found that it was actually our beloved Sammy Terry ("cemetary"). 

I first saw the cheesy "Gamera" movies and Vincent Price's "Pit and the Pendulum" on Nightmare Theater.  [cheers]  Ahh, good times!
~Larz

Dad brought me this (not this specific one) from the paper at one point.  Don't recall what year it was.

This article was from the Indianapolis Times, daily newspaper.  LOL, one of the younger girls in my grade school was crushing and insisted on calling me "Larz Times".  Come to find out she thought that was my last name as the "Times" newspaper box was still in service (for by then the News and Star) beside my parent's driveway.

Remember Cowboy Bob and Janie?  As I recall her show was taken off the air for several years after one of the children told a dirty joke.  Somehow I doubt it was actually that dirty but then...

See ya.
~Larz

P.S.  Gamera says "hi"

moremojo

« Reply #234 on: October 09, 2006, 10:19:23 am »
Yeah Guys there's nothing like some hot booties. :o 

We've got four cousins of Timmy here! But in all seriousness, these guys look mighty fine to me. Anyone who has read through my posting history will know that my tastes range all the way to the full-figured man! Thanks, Geri, for this delectable picture; a very nice way to start my Monday and week!

:D
Scott

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #235 on: October 09, 2006, 04:00:56 pm »
We've got four cousins of Timmy here! But in all seriousness, these guys look mighty fine to me. Anyone who has read through my posting history will know that my tastes range all the way to the full-figured man! Thanks, Geri, for this delectable picture; a very nice way to start my Monday and week!

:D
Scott

Sweet...!  Glad to start your week out right for ya Scott!! :laugh:
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #236 on: October 09, 2006, 08:24:37 pm »
Thanks for posting all the information about Bob Carter (Sammy Terry) Larz!   :D

You really know your Hoosier History, don't you? 

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #237 on: October 09, 2006, 08:27:36 pm »
Gotta love Sammy Terry!  WTTV4 as I recall.  Did you ever see him while attending your violin lesson?

Absolutely! I had a violin lesson every Tuesday and Friday at his store. Quite often he would be working up at the sales counter. Once I asked him if he would do his "Sammy Terry laugh", and he waited until the store was empty, then called me up to the counter and did it for me. He was a really nice guy.

He didn't want people to know who he was though. He didn't want people flocking to his store just to meet him.

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #238 on: October 09, 2006, 08:28:37 pm »
LOL!  I'm not sure about that, but if so it's only because I'm older than you!  *shreiks*   :laugh:

See ya!
~Larz

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #239 on: October 09, 2006, 10:25:28 pm »
Meanwhile ...we are all sitting around waiting, thinking..". tell us another story David Please..please!!"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 10:27:04 pm by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "