Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2138850 times)

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • myspace
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2006, 02:12:48 am »
such a beautifull  tree geri im sure she looks down and smiles at you all the time

im  lucky we  have almost lost my dad a few times but hes still kickin  heaven knows  what ill be like when i do lose em :'(
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 04:01:35 pm by wulfar360 »
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2006, 02:21:49 am »
Thank you Rich!
 Dont think of losing your dad. Think about all the living that's left for you and your dad.. make the most of it Rich and you will have no regrets. That's the one thing I can live with is i was always a good daughter. i loved them deeply and showed it to them every chance i got.

now i really have to get to bed.  it was so nice chatting with you Rich. I really feel like I have made a new and special friend tonight!

talk again soon!
Geri
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2006, 02:49:40 am »
such a beautifull  tree geri im sure she looks down and smiles at you all the timeim  lucky we  have almost lost mydad a few times but hes still kickin  heaven knows  what ill be like when i do lose em :'(

Geri, I concur with wulfar. What a beautiful tree and a beautiful memory, albeit quite sad and poignant.

Wulfar, I agree with Geri. Enjoy the moment and try not to dwell too much on the future. I am going through the same thing you are with my father. He has Parkinson's disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems and he is 75. Maybe we could help each other to not worry?  :)

Thanks for your posts!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2006, 12:53:37 pm »
Thanks for posting those pictures, Indianapolis looks really nice on these pictures! 

:-*

mvansand76

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2006, 12:54:40 pm »
Thanks for posting those pictures, Indianapolis looks really nice on these pictures! 

:-*

BTW- Hebben jullie het nu werkelijk over koffiezetapparaten?

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
    • myspace
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2006, 02:33:28 pm »
sure david we can not worry together ! im not so much  worried bout lsoing him but  those thoughts do come to me once ina  while my dad is doing better now  which is why its sucha  good time for me to move out  and find my life elsewhere
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2006, 03:31:33 pm »

BTW- Hebben jullie het nu werkelijk over koffiezetapparaten?

O nee toch! Het is niet waar! I need to buy a new one. I can't drink this instant coffee much longer.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2006, 07:49:45 pm »
Current Weather in Indianapolis: Partly Cloudy  Temp: 63 F (17 C)
My Current Mood: Cheerful

Dial up Internet connections are a beyotch.

My phone was ringing all day long. Every time I tried to log on the Internet, my little caller ID program would flash a message on my computer screen and I would have to log off. Is it safe for me to come into the 21st century yet?

I watched something interesting on television today. I love watching Animal Planet and today they aired "The Ugliest Dog in the World". It was a dog show, except they judged each dog on its' ugliness. Now I am an avid dog lover. Hell, I love all animals. But I gotta tell you, these dogs were ugly... U.G.L.Y.

UGLY!

I suppose no matter how ugly your pet may be, you will always love him. I started wondering what I would do if my puppy grew up to look like those dogs. I would like to think I would keep him and love him. I would like to think that even the ugliest of God's animals are deserving of love and a good home. But you should have seen these dogs. Actually a few of the dogs were kind of cute... kind of. Archie won the contest. I can't even remember what breed he was. He was a small dog. Did you ever see the movie "Gremlins"? He looked a bit like the Gremlins after they turned ugly. Or maybe a canine version of the "Crypt Keeper". His ears stuck out sideways, he had no fur on his body, his eyes bulged out and had a little tuft of spiked hair on the top of his head. The worst part though was his tongue. It was long, and it hung out the side of his mouth.  :P  I have never seen such an ugly dog. I wonder if I could ever love a dog like that? I can't imagine what it would be like to suddenly wake up and see that face staring at me!  God. I'll probably have nightmares tonight just from watching the show. I almost took a valium.

<cold chill>

That was one ugly dog y'all.

It was a beautiful day today. The day started off overcast and gloomy, but the sun soon burned most of the clouds away. Tomorrow is going to be nice too. It sure feels like fall though. Geri, I suddenly thought about your memories of fall and jumping in the leaves. I loved doing that too. Today the air smelled a bit like dried leaves. I don't know why. The leaves are still very green here. But I could detect a dry, spicey, wood scent in the air outdoors. I remembered all those years of jumping in the leaves and burying myself deep in the pile. I always did love the smell of dried leaves in autumn.

I still wonder if I could ever love that ugly, ugly dog?

« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 07:52:20 pm by David925 »

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2006, 08:22:46 pm »
David, those dogs you mentioned are a breed of their own....they are hairless, and they do look ugly....

We have a pet shop, and we had one of those for sale recently...it was bought within an hour of getting it in the shop.....we could sell hundreds of them if we could get them....they are expensive.....

I will find out the name of the breed and try to find a picture of them.....

Sometimes the uglier the animal, the more I love it....I just think, "someone's gotta love it"....

My son, always had the ugliest or the deformed or retarded animals...he seemed to find them.....one of his dogs he has had for 6 years, is deaf as a post, blind in one eye and cross eyed in the other...and runs around a track it has made in his yard, constantly......if it was human, it would be classed as "autistic", he is very lovable....
meal time is always a problem if he is out in the yard somewhere or under the house (adam lives on an acre)...because its no use calling him, he cant hear...so adam has to go look for him....also, if he is laying in the driveway asleep, no good bipping the horn, adam has to get out car, and physically shake him to wake him up to move away....its all been quite an experience.

Another thing Adam had was a bird with no beak.....he used to have to hand feed it, with crushed up seed, unfortunately it only survived a month or so.

Oh, another one, Adam rescued a sheep one time, that got caught in blackberry bushes, and the birds had pecked out one of its eyes....he carried it down the hill, took it to the vet, and got the eye fixed up, we ended up calling him Cyclops....then a year or so later Cyclops lost one of his horns....not real pretty but we loved him......

Yeah, we used to call our place the home for retarded and ugly animals......but it was and still is, a nice place to belong.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2006, 09:06:41 pm »
YIPES!!! THERE HE IS!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Actually that picture doesn't do him justice. His mouth was hanging open during the show and his furless body is half of his "uniqueness". (I'm trying to be kind here).

Is this the dog you were talking about Katie?

Oh no! Here comes another one!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting