Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2138128 times)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #320 on: October 18, 2006, 03:46:49 pm »
David~

What scarey story about the bomb! What a close call ! That's all you would of needed was to lose your leg (that just is feeling better) or your arms or worse. Was the explosion really that powerful? Wow! Well I know I speak for everybody here when I say Thank God your alright!

When you tell about ringing door bells and running and hiding we used to do that too! Still do, it's a blast! lol! :laugh: But that was fun back then, heck we even went as far as smashing pumkins when we were really bored, but I cant imagine how making a bomb would be fun for a kid today. It is very scarey to hear that happened. Thats something any kid could make at home! And i'm sure loads of them are. Or will.

The part about George Bush scares me so i won't even get into that. But that puppy sure cheered me up! How adorable is he!! I would like to hold him and kiss him for sure! :-*

Geri
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #321 on: October 18, 2006, 05:46:56 pm »
Reading this post reminded me of my renewal to the ACLU that is buried here on my desk, time to get that thing out.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

mvansand76

« Reply #322 on: October 18, 2006, 06:08:19 pm »
Reading this post reminded me of my renewal to the ACLU that is buried here on my desk, time to get that thing out.

What's that, a renewal to the ACLU? Sorry, I'm Dutch... :-)

Offline Andrew

« Reply #323 on: October 18, 2006, 09:18:23 pm »
If you Google ACLU, Melissa, you will go right to the website of the American Civil Liberties Union.  They just called the new law relating to the interrogation of detainees 'one of the worst civil liberties measures ever enacted in American history."

Offline Andrew

« Reply #324 on: October 18, 2006, 09:34:33 pm »
David, it's one thing to kid about your propensity to walk into catastrophes, but investigating the homemade bomb was REALLY dangerous.  Please don't let your sunny nature keep you from anticipating the bad outcomes!  A lot of people are going to be very disturbed if your blog just ceases one day without explanation.
Sadly, the seaon around Halloween can be especially risky, with a lot of pent-up antisocial feeling among very young men getting released.  I hope you plan your big night out on the 31st so that your friends and you are always safe and watching out for each other and staying aware of possible danger.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #325 on: October 18, 2006, 10:55:27 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear that, Moremojo...

In a way I am so glad that David mentioned this in his blog, this really is a good place to mention these kinds of things because there are so many intelligent people like you and David on this board and being concerned about what is happening is a sign of this! When I said "people have to start waking up now" I meant the people who do not show concern and don't want to think about what is happening and the fact that it concerns everybody in the long term.

It drives me crazy sometimes to know that there really is so little you can do about it. Especially here in Holland, because the same things are starting to happen here too. The Dutch government just doesn't have the backbone to stand up against America.

Melissa, many Americans are concerned about this. During these past five years it seems like every day is worse than the day before. American Elections have boiled down to choosing the lesser of two evils and this is assuming someone didn't tamper with the ballots. Most will agree, President Bush shouldnt be in office in the first place. I get a panicked, sick feeling every time I think of his ass in that chair for another two years. What else will he do before his term is over with?

I watched this yesterday on MSNBC. Please check it out. It accurately sums up what I was trying to say yesterday.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igycXBseoAg

David~

What scarey story about the bomb! What a close call ! That's all you would of needed was to lose your leg (that just is feeling better) or your arms or worse. Was the explosion really that powerful? Wow! Well I know I speak for everybody here when I say Thank God your alright!

When you tell about ringing door bells and running and hiding we used to do that too! Still do, it's a blast! lol! :laugh: But that was fun back then, heck we even went as far as smashing pumkins when we were really bored, but I cant imagine how making a bomb would be fun for a kid today. It is very scarey to hear that happened. Thats something any kid could make at home! And i'm sure loads of them are. Or will.

The part about George Bush scares me so i won't even get into that. But that puppy sure cheered me up! How adorable is he!! I would like to hold him and kiss him for sure! :-*

Geri

Geri, imagine the sound of a balloon the size of a small car popping. That is what this "bomb" sounded like when it exploded. It was a very loud "pop" and it  left only a wet spot in the road and a few scattered pieces of plastic from the bottle.

David, it's one thing to kid about your propensity to walk into catastrophes, but investigating the homemade bomb was REALLY dangerous.  Please don't let your sunny nature keep you from anticipating the bad outcomes!  A lot of people are going to be very disturbed if your blog just ceases one day without explanation.
Sadly, the seaon around Halloween can be especially risky, with a lot of pent-up antisocial feeling among very young men getting released.  I hope you plan your big night out on the 31st so that your friends and you are always safe and watching out for each other and staying aware of possible danger.

Andrew, I really didn't know what it was when I pulled up to it. I just saw some kids set it in the street and run away. I realized something was wrong when I saw the bottle swelling. I was returning home from a doctor's appointment, and I had my dog in the car too. I picked him up at the dog groomer's on my way home. They gave him a bath, flea dip and a trim. 

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #326 on: October 18, 2006, 11:07:29 pm »
Cute puppies David!  ;)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #327 on: October 19, 2006, 02:26:37 am »

I've probably posted this before, but I like how I came to join the ACLU...it was in the days after 9/11 when Falwell or Robertson was blaming the terrorist attacks on the 'gays, liberals, feminists, and the ACLU'.  My thought was that I fit into two of the categories, and I can't change my sexual orientation, so I'd better send a check to the ACLU.

Now that I think of it, I can also credit Falwell/Robertson with my BBM introduction...they were making noises about it after it debuted in Toronto, and I figured if they were opposed, it's something worth looking into...so I bought the short story and the rest is history.  Think I should write them a thank you note ;) ??
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

injest

« Reply #328 on: October 20, 2006, 12:21:28 am »
Where is DAVID??

Did he get picked up by Bush!! ???  :o :-X

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #329 on: October 20, 2006, 03:07:54 am »
Current Weather In Indianapolis: Cloudy.     Temp: 42 F (5 C)
My Current Mood: Tired

Don't worry Jess. I'm still here.

I just received a call from a close friend of mine, (at 1:45 am on the morning, no less) and I have been informed that we, the local chamber orchestra I belong to, have been asked to perform Handel's Messiah at a venue here in Indianapolis during the Christmas season.

I am axiously waiting the arrival of my cello score, via email, so I can digitally print it out and begin practicing it on a severely out of tune cello. I have not been practicing as much as I should due to my leg injury.

I wonder what George Frederic Handel would have thought back in 1742 when he composed "The Messiah", that one day the musical scores to his remarkable work would be insignificantly and digitally beamed back and forth between musicians like common email?

I suppose he probably would feel honored his music is even played at all.

Here's to you Mr. Handel! May we do you justice this Holiday season!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.