Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2144148 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #350 on: October 24, 2006, 02:51:41 am »
Current Weather in Indianapolis: Partly Cloudy, Cold and Windy   Temp: 31 F (-1 C)
My Current Mood: Tired and getting ready to go to bed.

Well, it has been reported that 6 more suicide bombers blew themselves up in Iraq yesterday.

In addition, 2,800 American youngsters have been killed in Iraq so far.

2,800 of our American youth are dead. They have been returned to their American homeland in coffins. Children basically... 18, 19, 20 years old. Kids.

Are you happy President Bush?

Over 200 coalition troops are also dead. Again, bright young kids coming home in coffins.

In addition, numerous credible reports tell us that over 600,000 Iraqis have died during this illegal war. Let's think about that for a minute. Six Hundred THOUSAND innocent men, women and children.... dead. That is FIVE times the population of Evansville, Indiana... the third largest city in the state of Indiana.

Do I have an answer? No. I don't. This is why we have a President and a Congress. It is obvious though that they have somehow failed us, and the world.

Remember to vote on November 7.

I'll try to post something cheerful tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 03:02:33 am by David925 »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline GG

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #351 on: October 24, 2006, 02:58:38 am »
Well your certainly the bearer of good news! LOL

I know, don't kill the messenger!

Greg
meow!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #352 on: October 24, 2006, 08:56:43 pm »
Current Weather in Indianapolis: Clear, Breezy and Cold  Temp: 36 F (2 C)

I have mice in my house!  :P

I guess they are starting to come inside because of the cold weather. I didn't have this problem last year though. I wouldn't say I am AFRAID of mice, but I don't like them at all. I do hate it when they suddenly come running at me out of nowhere. A mouse suddenly ran across my kitchen floor tonight, startled me and I dumped a cup of hot coffee down my shirt.

I spent part of the day trying to catch the mice in a box and then letting them loose outside. I refuse to kill them. (Yeah, I'm one of "those" people. I won't kill anything). The mice seem to make most of their appearances at night though. I guess I'm going to have to stay up tonight and try to catch them.

God. I hate this. I'm sitting here right now typing this with my feet up on the end table. I'm afraid to put my feet on the floor. I wonder what I'm going to do about it?

I know they sell those appliances that drive mice away with sound waves or something. I guess I will need to pick up a few of those and give them a try. I was told these appliances will not hurt the mice, but the sound waves will drive the mice out of the house. My cat has been chasing them, but I really don't want the cat to kill them. And if he does, he'll bring their little dead bodies to me as a gift.  :P

Oh Man! I just thought of something else. What if one gets in bed with me tonight?  :P

Does anyone know how I can get rid of these little suckers? How the hell did they get in my house for God's sakes?

I had a squirrel in my house last summer. He almost killed me too.  >:(

Wish me luck!   ;)

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • myspace
« Reply #353 on: October 24, 2006, 08:58:08 pm »
ouch david that sucks ! good luck ong etting rid of them !
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline Andrew

« Reply #354 on: October 24, 2006, 09:33:59 pm »
David,
the hardwares around here carry Havahart traps, which trap mice inside without hurting them.  You have to buy the smallest size - they could slip out through the cracks of the larger sizes.  It really makes sense to take any you catch out to the country if you are taking your mercy to the limit - they really can travel fast outside and would just dash back into your house or your neighbor's if you just put them outside in town.  You have to be just as merciful to the neighbors!

A mouse is NOT going to attack you, they are terrified of you.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #355 on: October 24, 2006, 10:11:41 pm »
David,
the hardwares around here carry Havahart traps, which trap mice inside without hurting them. 

I'll take a look at those. I hope they won't hurt my dog or cat though. I suppose if they won't hurt the mice, they won't hurt my dog.

My dog is extremely curious. He always thoroughly investigates everything I bring into my house.

Thanks for the tip Andrew!   :)

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
    • myspace
« Reply #356 on: October 24, 2006, 10:17:37 pm »
david if im ever around indy i might have to see if i can set up a  meeeting =)
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #357 on: October 24, 2006, 10:43:54 pm »
Rickys my name..mice are my game!

Ricky is a very good trapper. we had a mother and two baby mice get in once. ricky kept them trapped until I could get someone to relocate them. so he saved the day!

Honestly David, mice are very hard to get rid of.  you better get them before they have some litters.
and i would sleep with the light on too. Oh by the way, come over to ANYTHING GOES and see my hobbie blog!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 10:48:36 pm by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #358 on: October 24, 2006, 11:15:59 pm »
Rickys my name..mice are my game!

Ricky is a very good trapper. we had a mother and two baby mice get in once. ricky kept them trapped until I could get someone to relocate them. so he saved the day!

Honestly David, mice are very hard to get rid of.  you better get them before they have some litters.
and i would sleep with the light on too. Oh by the way, come over to ANYTHING GOES and see my hobbie blog!

Oh he is so cute! He looks comfortable too.  :)

I'm heading over to your hobby blog right now Geri!

Offline Bucky

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #359 on: October 24, 2006, 11:43:27 pm »
David,

I guess I am cruel but I hate the little critters.  When they come into my house I set out either D Con or Eagle Brand poison pellets.  I make sure that my cat can't get to them.  It doesn't take long for the mice to eat themselves to death.  That is about the only sure way of getting rid of all of them.  It seems wierd but killing them that way seems more merciful than setting a mouse trap or the glue packets.