Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2147719 times)

injest

Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #4440 on: May 07, 2009, 06:48:45 am »
Damn! She didn't wait around very long did she? :-\

Patience is a virtue!

Here's the link to the new game....

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,35788.msg509098/topicseen.html#msg509098

you was gone more than half an hour when I posted that!!

:-* :-*

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4441 on: May 07, 2009, 06:12:50 pm »

That is so true ! Matt went to the cinema to see his first scaryish movie a couple of weeks ago. He was fine when he rang for a lift, 5 mins later and still some distance to go, he rang to ask how long I would be.The calls became slightly more twitchy, and by the time I got there he was really spooked.His friend then rang to make sure I had picked him up.Matt was all bravado again.
We got home and I had to walk through the house in front of him turning on lights as I went. I sat on his bed for a while and left his light on. Five mins later a very sheepish Matt. asked if I could stay until he fell asleep. I ended up staying the whole night as every time he woke up, he was quaking.

I love the fact that at nearly 13, he still thinks Mum can make it alright. James has not slept without a light on since seeing Jeepers Creepers behind my back at a friends house, at age 11 !!!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4442 on: May 07, 2009, 07:18:16 pm »
you was gone more than half an hour when I posted that!!

:-* :-*

Well, 28 minutes but who's counting? ;)

:-*

Did you play the game Jess?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4443 on: May 07, 2009, 07:20:58 pm »
That is so true ! Matt went to the cinema to see his first scaryish movie a couple of weeks ago. He was fine when he rang for a lift, 5 mins later and still some distance to go, he rang to ask how long I would be.The calls became slightly more twitchy, and by the time I got there he was really spooked.His friend then rang to make sure I had picked him up.Matt was all bravado again.
We got home and I had to walk through the house in front of him turning on lights as I went. I sat on his bed for a while and left his light on. Five mins later a very sheepish Matt. asked if I could stay until he fell asleep. I ended up staying the whole night as every time he woke up, he was quaking.

I love the fact that at nearly 13, he still thinks Mum can make it alright. James has not slept without a light on since seeing Jeepers Creepers behind my back at a friends house, at age 11 !!!!

Poor Matt! :(

What movie did he see Fiona? Do you remember the name of it?

Yeah, I remember Jeepers Creepers! And I don't blame James one bit for being scared. It scared me too and I was a full grown adult when I saw it! :laugh:

injest

« Reply #4444 on: May 07, 2009, 11:15:00 pm »
Poor Matt! :(

What movie did he see Fiona? Do you remember the name of it?

Yeah, I remember Jeepers Creepers! And I don't blame James one bit for being scared. It scared me too and I was a full grown adult when I saw it! :laugh:

oh PULEEZE...you ain't NEVER grown up yet!

;D ;D ;)

injest

« Reply #4445 on: May 08, 2009, 12:07:11 am »
are you online?? where are you!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4446 on: May 08, 2009, 12:30:50 am »
are you online?? where are you!!

I'm here! :D

I'll be "inactive" for a few minutes while I send off an email to my bff Melissa in Holland. She and her boyfriend bought a Land Rover several months ago. It needed some work, and Jan-Willem has been spending weeks refurbishing it. She send me some pictures a couple days ago and it looks like a brand new car! They even hung some curtains in the side windows because they are planning to camp in it this summer. The Dutch are famous for their love of camping and the outdoors, and Melissa and Jan-Willem are no exception! And it looks like they will be doing it in the lap of luxury too because that Land Rover looks beautiful!

I haven't seen any pictures of the inside yet, but the outside looks brand new. :)

I'll be back in a few minutes. Did you play the game yet Jess? I forgot to look.

injest

« Reply #4447 on: May 08, 2009, 12:31:59 am »
I'm here! :D

I'll be "inactive" for a few minutes while I send off an email to my bff Melissa in Holland. She and her boyfriend bought a Land Rover several months ago. It needed some work, and Jan-Willem has been spending weeks refurbishing it. She send me some pictures a couple days ago and it looks like a brand new car! They even hung some curtains in the side windows because they are planning to camp in it this summer. The Dutch are famous for their love of camping and the outdoors, and Melissa and Jan-Willem are no exception! And it looks like they will be doing it in the lap of luxury too because that Land Rover looks beautiful!

I haven't seen any pictures of the inside yet, but the outside looks brand new. :)

I'll be back in a few minutes. Did you play the game yet Jess? I forgot to look.

yep!!  I was the FIRST guesser!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4448 on: May 08, 2009, 12:35:05 am »

yep!!  I was the FIRST guesser!

8) 8) 8)

injest

« Reply #4449 on: May 08, 2009, 12:38:25 am »
8) 8) 8)

does that mean I get a prize for being first like in the Amazing Race??!!