Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2147887 times)

injest

Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #4480 on: May 12, 2009, 12:19:10 am »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4481 on: May 12, 2009, 12:22:01 am »
Oh what the hell, right?

Besides it keeps things interesting. You never know what you'll see when you come in this thread!

Today it's coffins and graves. Tomorrow we will probably be talking about puppies and ice cream. :-\

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4482 on: May 12, 2009, 12:34:13 am »
My sister is currently in town. Tomorrow (well, now today) is my Dad's birthday. He's 78. It is also my great niece's birthday (Chloe) and she is my sister's grand daughter. My great nephew's birthday (Eric) was on May 10th. So my sister decided it would be a good idea to fly to Indy to celebrate all these birthdays. Well, actually that's not the entire truth. She found out that my niece's husband's mom who lives in Jacksonville, Florida was just up here. Christy (my niece) and her husband just bought a new house in Oaklandon, a town on the far east side of Indianapolis. Susan got jealous when she found out Jason's Mom had been up here and saw the new house, so she wanted to come too. She was afraid Jason's Mom might have the upper hand.

So anyway, tonight I decided to take Dad and the kids (Christy included) out to dinner at a restaurant called Pat Flynn's. It's a really good restaurant and naturally since Susan was in town she came too. Susan has a horrible drinking problem and she was drunk even before they met us at the restaurant, and she tossed down an additional four gin and tonics during dinner. When Susan is drunk she gets mean. Real mean. She decided to target me for embarrassment and humiliation right there in the restaurant. At one point she wanted me to give her a kiss on the lips! Can you believe this? And when I told her no, she stood up, looked around the room and then said to me very loudly "You really ARE my gay brother aren't you?" >:(

Everyone looked at us. I was terribly embarrassed. She said some other things that I won't even bring up here. But needless to say, it was the night from hell. She will be flying back to Denver on Wednesday and she's been driving poor Christy crazy at her house. Susan informed us tonight that she wants to come back to Indiana in September. That's only four months from now. She was just here in November. I don't think I can take her coming here 2 or 3 times a year. Isn't that an awful thing to say about my sister? I feel so guilty. She starts drinking the minute she gets out of bed and she continues to drink until she passes out. When she's at work she'll drink on her dinner break. She drinks vodka at work so they won't smell it on her.

Christy told me tonight that Susan is drinking a half gallon of gin every two days. :(

Her eyes look yellow. I noticed that tonight. I think perhaps her liver is beginning to fail.

injest

« Reply #4483 on: May 12, 2009, 12:52:06 am »
Oh what the hell, right?

Besides it keeps things interesting. You never know what you'll see when you come in this thread!

Today it's coffins and graves. Tomorrow we will probably be talking about puppies and ice cream. :-\

but NOT puppy flavored ice cream!!

injest

« Reply #4484 on: May 12, 2009, 12:55:18 am »
how horrible for you, David...I am so sorry..what was she thinking? kissing your sister on the lips? yuck! if it helps any, I would bet the other people in the restaurant were feeling bad for you, it sounds pretty obvious she was soused...

>:( >:(

I hate family problems like that...you cant' not feel guilty but you also have a RIGHT to not be stressed out.

>:(

{{{David}}}

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #4485 on: May 12, 2009, 04:55:47 am »
Oh poor David.......oh I do detest people who try to humiliate people, especially in public......no excuse for that.

Sounds like your sister has a serious problem, and as you say, her liver might be shot to shit. That is serious, but unlikely anyone can do anything unless she wants their help.

I would make a point of not inviting her out with you, next time she visits, and if she asks Why...tell her.

Other than her, the rest of the group sound like they were out to enjoy a nice family gathering.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4486 on: May 12, 2009, 05:57:00 am »
((David))

God that's a difficult one - but she needs to want to help herself before you can - I can understand why you dread her coming. It's natural.

:-* :-* :-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4487 on: May 12, 2009, 09:00:04 am »
Wow!

David, I'm sorry to hear what your sister did.  That was really cruel.

Sounds like she has a major drinking problem, and like others have said, you can't help her until she decides to help herself.

That being said, you have a right to not be the target of anger and abuse in public, and I would refuse to go anywhere with her.  And if she were to ask why, I'd tell her EXACTLY why.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4488 on: May 13, 2009, 12:53:39 am »
Thanks. Jess, Sue, Kelda and Chuck! :-*

She leaves tomorrow. My niece is taking her back to the airport for her flight home. She tried to talk me into it. She even tried to volunteer me last night at the restaurant. We were talking about what time her flight left (she picked the latest flight on Frontier she could) and when Christy said she would be driving Susan out there, Susan loudly proclaimed "David will take me!" She said we both could go out there and drink together before her flight took off. I was like oh hell no, and she got mad about it.

She has a terrible drinking problem. She's had it for years. She learned it off my parents who were both chronic alcoholics. My Mother died an alcoholic. I remember Mom wanting me to sneak her wine up to her while she was in the hospital dying. Dad had to give it up for awhile when his kidneys began to fail. Now he drinks again, but not nearly as much as he used to.

Susan was brought up in a world of alcohol. She learned it. This is not an excuse, but it's a bit sad all the same.

injest

« Reply #4489 on: May 13, 2009, 12:56:44 am »
yes, it is sad..and I know you love your sister. I am just glad you were strong enough to tell her no on the airport thing.

I am so sorry sweet David..