Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2144186 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #4520 on: May 16, 2009, 12:08:40 am »
:laugh:  :laugh:

They sound like they would be a lot of fun to hang around with. :D

I don't think I'd ever want to do it, but it would be funny to watch someone else do it. Do the flames shoot out as far as in that picture? He looks like he's ready to blast off. :laugh:

The flames don't  shoot out that far that I have ever seen,but it is still pretty impressive.
It is funny if you have a puerile sense of humour like me.The worst is when they don't light and all that remains is a god awful stink,oh and the ones that shoot back and burn the perpetrators  breeches.
Yes I have seen that happen, and am afraid to say I laughed, well we all did at first until someone thought we ought to throw some water on it.
I suspect one of the reasons I worry so much about my kids is because of the things I got up to. It's that old Karma thing again. :)

I hope you stay safe and the power doesn't go out. Watch those candles, remember the fire safety code, and if you get blown anywhere try and make sure it's Florida. :)

I am making Eton mess at Dev's tomorrow, a very famous English pudding which is even more yummy than spotted dick, an equally famous Brit. pud and we wonder why we lost our empire  ;D

injest

« Reply #4521 on: May 16, 2009, 12:20:07 am »
{{David}}

stay safe!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4522 on: May 16, 2009, 12:24:57 am »
I'm still waiting for it to get here. The radar shows the storms directly over the city but I have yet to hear even one clap of thunder or a flash of lightening... or even a drop of rain.

I'm sure I will though.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4523 on: May 16, 2009, 12:27:05 am »
Jay Leno has some exotic animals on his show. They just showed a pelican and a monkey. Now they have a large cat. Maybe a jaguar or a bob cat.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4524 on: May 16, 2009, 12:29:53 am »
The flames don't  shoot out that far that I have ever seen,but it is still pretty impressive.
It is funny if you have a puerile sense of humour like me.The worst is when they don't light and all that remains is a god awful stink,oh and the ones that shoot back and burn the perpetrators  breeches.
Yes I have seen that happen, and am afraid to say I laughed, well we all did at first until someone thought we ought to throw some water on it.

God Fiona, I've never laughed so hard in my life! :laugh:

That was hysterical! Yeah, I think we really do have similar senses of humor. :-*

Have fun at Dev's house this weekend. I'm glad you will be getting some MUCH NEEDED rest and relaxation. Have fun and allow yourself to be pampered. You deserve it honey! :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4525 on: May 16, 2009, 12:37:32 am »
Oh hell it's raining now!! :o

It's raining cats and dogs, as they say. And lots of wind too. LOTS OF WIND. Some lightening, but I haven't heard any thunder. But it is really Really REALLY windy out there. I think I just saw somebody's trash barrel blow by. :P

injest

« Reply #4526 on: May 16, 2009, 08:43:34 am »
February 3, 1997
Dr. Grey Walter has cited a case of a man who, whenever he went to the cinema, had to fight off a strong impulse to strangle the person sitting next to him. On one occasion, he "came to" with his hands around his neighbour's throat. It was discovered that these seizures - epileptic in nature - were caused by the rate of flicker of the film. Remember that the next time you go to the movies...

we need a scared cowboy emoticon.... :o

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4527 on: May 17, 2009, 12:23:21 am »
February 3, 1997
Dr. Grey Walter has cited a case of a man who, whenever he went to the cinema, had to fight off a strong impulse to strangle the person sitting next to him. On one occasion, he "came to" with his hands around his neighbour's throat. It was discovered that these seizures - epileptic in nature - were caused by the rate of flicker of the film. Remember that the next time you go to the movies...

we need a scared cowboy emoticon.... :o

Eww that's creepy. I'll be thinking about that the next time I'm at the movie theater. Thanks a lot Jess! :laugh:

Have you ever got up during a movie to go to the bathroom and when you come back you sit down next to total strangers? And your friends are sitting several rows away laughing their asses off?

:P :P

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4528 on: May 17, 2009, 12:56:23 am »
never happened to me, David.

I always make sure I go before the movie starts.     :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4529 on: May 17, 2009, 01:03:36 am »
Or the concession stand. It doesn't HAVE to be the bathroom. But you know when you first walk back into the theater and you can't see a damn thing.

I'm certain it has happened to other people too. :-\