Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2120202 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #4580 on: May 24, 2009, 11:11:29 pm »
60 roast beef sandwiches and pizza---were there 40 people there? Sounds like you overplanned! (Better too much than not enough!)  ;)  I bet Cody would like one. My dogs would be in heaven. I just shared fajita nachos with them and they were very happy. You probably don't give people food to Cody, do you? I don't often, but occasionally I do for a treat.

I give him people food occasionally. He mostly gets kibble. I don't want him to get overweight. But I might feed him one later without the bun.

No, there were only about 10 of us. I wasn't sure how many people would show up. Most people only ate one, along with a slice of pizza. I don't know what I'm going to do with all of this. I honestly don't. And I don't think these curly fries will freeze well.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #4581 on: May 24, 2009, 11:31:57 pm »
I had a few friends over this evening, and instead of cooking, I decided to go down to Arby's and bring some roast beef home. It's that 5 for 5 deal - 5 roast beefs for $5.00. Anyway, they only let you buy 20 at a time so I brought a couple of friends with me and we each went in there and bought 20 of them - 60 in total. Along with a bunch of those curly fries. Then hardly anybody ate them! >:(

I think I have about 45 roast beefs sitting here. I tried to send some home with people but nobody took any! I don't know what I'm going to do with all these roast beefs. I guess I'll freeze most of them. I had two of them. Now that I think about it 60 roast beefs is a bit much. I don't know what I was thinking at the time. :(

Oh and we had pizza too and there's still a bunch of that sitting here as well. ::)

good lort!! did all the people from the Indy 500 stop by??!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4582 on: May 24, 2009, 11:34:19 pm »

It sounds like it. You know David though. His place seems to be party central sometimes  ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4583 on: May 25, 2009, 12:27:33 am »

No, I don't think so. Just some friends. I'm at my house in Speedway for the weekend. I had a big argument with Dad on Friday and I had to get the hell out of there.

On Friday Dad insisted on taking a walk in the woods to look for golf balls. While we were out there he fell down and couldn't get his ass back up. So I tried helping him and I couldn't get him up either. My knee has been bothering me and my back is bad. So! I had to call the neighbors to come out there and help us. So once we finally got his ass up he said he wanted to continue walking in those woods and I told him NO!

>:(  >:(

He got really mad at me and when we got back to the house I called my nephew to come over quick because I'm leaving. Once my nephew arrived I took off out of there and headed to my house. I was seething and spitting fire because I was so mad.

And yesterday I decided to have a party and I had NO IDEA how many people would show up. I figured there would be at least a dozen. But I wanted to be safe and make sure we had enough goodies here for everyone!

I guess we did! :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4584 on: May 25, 2009, 12:35:35 am »
My friend Melissa in Holland emailed me earlier today and she said she and her boyfriend have been sick and her boyfriend has even been puking. A few of her friends are sick as well. I'm worried they might have that awful pig flu. :(

injest

« Reply #4585 on: May 25, 2009, 12:35:50 am »
No, I don't think so. Just some friends. I'm at my house in Speedway for the weekend. I had a big argument with Dad on Friday and I had to get the hell out of there.

On Friday Dad insisted on taking a walk in the woods to look for golf balls. While we were out there he fell down and couldn't get his ass back up. So I tried helping him and I couldn't get him up either. My knee has been bothering me and my back is bad. So! I had to call the neighbors to come out there and help us. So once we finally got his ass up he said he wanted to continue walking in those woods and I told him NO!

>:(  >:(

He got really mad at me and when we got back to the house I called my nephew to come over quick because I'm leaving. Once my nephew arrived I took off out of there and headed to my house. I was seething and spitting fire because I was so mad.

And yesterday I decided to have a party and I had NO IDEA how many people would show up. I figured there would be at least a dozen. But I wanted to be safe and make sure we had enough goodies here for everyone!

I guess we did! :laugh:

good for you, David..you made sure your dad was safe but you still took care of yourself..that is really important. If you get burnt out, you can't be a help to your dad..

{{David}}

injest

« Reply #4586 on: May 25, 2009, 12:36:37 am »
My friend Melissa in Holland emailed me earlier today and she said she and her boyfriend have been sick and her boyfriend has even been puking. A few of her friends are sick as well. I'm worried they might have that awful pig flu. :(

oh no...I wonder if they have been out to eat together lately? could it be a bit of food poisoning?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4587 on: May 25, 2009, 12:39:17 am »
oh no...I wonder if they have been out to eat together lately? could it be a bit of food poisoning?

Well, some of her friends are sick too, so there is something going around over there in Amsterdam.

Poor baby!

Heel veel beterschap Melissa! :-*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4588 on: May 25, 2009, 12:41:13 am »
good for you, David..you made sure your dad was safe but you still took care of yourself..that is really important. If you get burnt out, you can't be a help to your dad..

{{David}}

I am glad I'm at my house for the weekend. He really frustrates me sometimes. I hope he's not driving my nephew totally crazy! lol

I may need his help again soon! :-\

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4589 on: May 25, 2009, 03:22:15 am »
DAvid - I hope your Dad realises you were only trying to help.

And I hope you get all that food eaten!

Give Melissa my love!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/