Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2119624 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #4600 on: May 27, 2009, 03:12:37 pm »
You got it!! They come from all over! :laugh:

Seriously, they do! :D

Hey Jack, you are on summer break now aren't you? I hope you will have some time for R&R! And I'm so glad you still have cute Code cat in your avatar! He's so cute! :-*

Well I am on summer break from two jobs, but my *favorite* (yeah right) one continues on through the summer. I am hoping, keeping my fingers crossed, that this may be my last summer working here. Well that could happen too if I get laid off because of the economy, but what I am talking about is the economy getting better and one of my part time jobs becoming full time. There is also the possibility of getting enough classes from enough schools that I could end up making more money than I am making now. I started working for the state while I was in college so I found out that I can actually get early retirement. That means reduced benefits, but you continue to get full health insurance, etc. I think I could get 75% right now, but I have to check for sure. And then if you end up getting a full time job with the state again you can then continue towards the full retirement benefits. So with more classes plus reduced benefits I could end up coming out better. Something to keep in mind anyway.

I thank you and Code thanks you. He is a cute and handsome cat for sure. Did you hear about him catching a mouse  :)

Oh by the way, have you ever heard of Indiana Beach? Is that near you?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4601 on: May 27, 2009, 05:39:47 pm »
Well I am on summer break from two jobs, but my *favorite* (yeah right) one continues on through the summer. I am hoping, keeping my fingers crossed, that this may be my last summer working here. Well that could happen too if I get laid off because of the economy, but what I am talking about is the economy getting better and one of my part time jobs becoming full time. There is also the possibility of getting enough classes from enough schools that I could end up making more money than I am making now. I started working for the state while I was in college so I found out that I can actually get early retirement. That means reduced benefits, but you continue to get full health insurance, etc. I think I could get 75% right now, but I have to check for sure. And then if you end up getting a full time job with the state again you can then continue towards the full retirement benefits. So with more classes plus reduced benefits I could end up coming out better. Something to keep in mind anyway.

I thank you and Code thanks you. He is a cute and handsome cat for sure. Did you hear about him catching a mouse  :)

Oh by the way, have you ever heard of Indiana Beach? Is that near you?

Sure I've heard of Indiana Beach! :D

It's in Monticello on Lake Shafer. It was always a smaller amusment park, but they really been adding to it over the past few years. We also have Holiday World in Santa Claus, down by Evansville.

Indiana Beach is about a two hour drive north of here - roughly half way between Indianapolis and Chicago. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4602 on: May 27, 2009, 05:45:23 pm »
what's shakin', David?

Well I had a job interview at IUPUI today. For some reason I was thinking it was this afternoon, but when I checked last night I found out it was scheduled for this morning. It's a good thing I checked! :P

Then I went to the doctor because my knee has been hurting me something terrible. He ran a couple of tests and gave me a cortisone shot under my knee cap. I've had those cortisone shots in my back before, lots of times, but never under my knee cap. That kind of hurt. >:(

Hopefully it will begin to feel better in the next day or two. He said I may have some water build up in there and that's why it is hurting. If the cortisone doesn't help he may try to drain it. UGH!! Let's hope the shot works.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4603 on: May 27, 2009, 06:41:18 pm »
Sure I've heard of Indiana Beach! :D

It's in Monticello on Lake Shafer. It was always a smaller amusment park, but they really been adding to it over the past few years. We also have Holiday World in Santa Claus, down by Evansville.

Indiana Beach is about a two hour drive north of here - roughly half way between Indianapolis and Chicago. :)

WOW!!!! It's an amusement park. I love amusement parks!!! I didn't realize Chicago was that close to Indiana and to Indianapolis. What is Holiday World? I have heard of the town named Santa Claus.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4604 on: May 27, 2009, 07:15:33 pm »
Holiday World is an amusement park. It's much larger than Indiana Beach, especially when you add in the water park next door to it - Splashin' Safari. Both parks are owned by the same people and you can go back and forth between the two of them - or at least you could the last time I was there...

Holiday World:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holiday_World

Indiana Beach:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Beach

But as far as amusement parks are concerned, most people around here head to King's Island. It's located near Cincinnati, about a 2 hour drive from Indy. It's by far the biggest and the best amusement park in my little neck of the woods. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kings_Island

injest

« Reply #4605 on: May 27, 2009, 07:39:08 pm »
Well I had a job interview at IUPUI today. For some reason I was thinking it was this afternoon, but when I checked last night I found out it was scheduled for this morning. It's a good thing I checked! :P

Then I went to the doctor because my knee has been hurting me something terrible. He ran a couple of tests and gave me a cortisone shot under my knee cap. I've had those cortisone shots in my back before, lots of times, but never under my knee cap. That kind of hurt. >:(

Hopefully it will begin to feel better in the next day or two. He said I may have some water build up in there and that's why it is hurting. If the cortisone doesn't help he may try to drain it. UGH!! Let's hope the shot works.

crossing my fingers for you sweetheart...that DOES sound like it hurt...are you hobbling? I have had them in my feet before...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4606 on: May 27, 2009, 07:42:04 pm »
Yeah, it's real sore right now. It's been bothering me for about a week. That's one of the reasons I got so mad at Dad down in those woods the other day. >:(

injest

« Reply #4607 on: May 27, 2009, 07:47:51 pm »
Yeah, it's real sore right now. It's been bothering me for about a week. That's one of the reasons I got so mad at Dad down in those woods the other day. >:(

oh yeah...chronic pain will wear you out fast won't it?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4608 on: May 28, 2009, 12:30:26 am »
Now Dad's knee is hurting. Same knee. Same spot. He can barely walk. I think someone must be poking some voodoo dolls with our faces on them. :(

I think this cortisone shot may end up helping. It feels a little better tonight. :)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #4609 on: May 28, 2009, 02:03:20 am »
Now Dad's knee is hurting. Same knee. Same spot. He can barely walk. I think someone must be poking some voodoo dolls with our faces on them. :(

I think this cortisone shot may end up helping. It feels a little better tonight. :)

Well, you shouldna kicked him while he was down in them woods the other day David......well maybe you just thunk it, but looks like it worked ::) ::)........poor Dad, maybe he needs a cortisone jab as well, they will work.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection