Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2141700 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #4630 on: May 29, 2009, 08:44:44 am »
This thread hurts my feelings (and others too I should imagine)

I won't be coming back in here anymore. Not even to read it. I can't believe I'm reading some of the comments I'm reading.

They feel like a personal attack. They are not, but they feel as if they are. I'm shocked some here think that way.

It is what it is I suppose. But I can choose not to participate.

(((David)))

Sorry to bring that over here, Bud, but I wanted to give you a hug and you won't see it over there.  :'(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4631 on: May 29, 2009, 08:16:25 pm »
I'm in a goofy mood tonight.

*sneaks up, tickles David*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4632 on: May 31, 2009, 12:41:27 am »
*sneaks up, tickles David*

*tickles Chuck back*

:-*

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4633 on: May 31, 2009, 12:53:48 am »
Wow! We had a couple of very scary hours here tonight. I didn't even know we had severe weather in the forecast, but around 8:45 this evening I heard the storm sirens sound. When I turned on the news they said there was a possible tornado on the ground near 82nd street and Allisonville Road, which is VERY close to my Dad's house. So Dad and I headed down to the lowest level of the house, and just after we got down there hail started hitting the roof. It was so loud we couldn't even hear each other talk. It lasted about three minutes and then it got very windy and the house started popping. Something very loud landed on the roof, probably a large tree limb.

There is damage all around town, but they really won't know the extent until tomorrow when they can go out and inspect the damage patterns. It looks like Dad has sustained some roof damage and there is a lot of debris in his yard. There was so much hail his entire yard was white! I will go up on the roof tomorrow morning and take a look. I called Cory my roommate and he said my neighborhood has damage as well, but it appears my house is okay. The amazing part is we never lost our power! Dad kept wondering when it would go out and I told him not to even think about it much less talk about it, or else he'll jinx us! We usually lose our power here every time a bird farts. It doesn't take much at all. But somehow it stayed on tonight, so that was good. :)

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/19612463/detail.html

Damage Reported As Severe Storms Move Through
NWS Receives Numerous Reports Of Funnel Clouds

INDIANAPOLIS -- Severe thunderstorms dropped at least one possible tornado and prompted numerous reports of funnel clouds across portions of central Indiana Saturday evening.

Tornado warnings were issued for two storms that formed north of Indianapolis at about 8 p.m.

Police reported a tornado on the ground near Lapel, about 13 miles west of Anderson just before 9:30 p.m., but no significant damage was reported.

Tipton County authorities said that one person was trapped in a damaged building near the Hamilton County line, but that person got out safely. Information about the extent of the damage wasn't immediately available.

Two storms prompted tornado warnings -- one in southern Hamilton and northern Marion counties and another in Tipton County. The storms moved southeast at about 35 mph and prompted additional warnings along their path.

Trees and large limbs were downed near the Mt. Comfort exit along Interstate 70, and a 70 mph wind gust was reported as storms moved through Montgomery County.

Severe thunderstorm warnings were issued for several other counties to the northwest of Indianapolis as a line of storms began forming and pushing southeast.

Additional warnings were issued south of Indianapolis as the storms headed that way.

Trained spotters reported funnel clouds and wall clouds across Boone County just after 8 p.m., which prompted the first warnings of the evening. A funnel cloud had also been reported in Clinton County, the NWS said.

Large hail reports were received from Lawrence, in Marion County, where hail up to 1.75 inches in diameter fell, along with additional large hail reports in Shelby, Fountain, Howard, Boone, Carroll, Hancock, Hendricks and White counties.

Severe thunderstorm watches were posted for central and southern Indiana through the evening hours.

injest

« Reply #4634 on: May 31, 2009, 12:58:49 am »
oh man, David!! thank goodness you and your dad are ok!!

{{{David and David's Dad}}}

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4635 on: May 31, 2009, 02:09:09 pm »
Wow David!  Those storms sound wicked!  Glad you are ok!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4636 on: June 03, 2009, 02:29:08 pm »
Wow David!  Those storms sound wicked!  Glad you are ok!

haha! When I first read your message, I thought it said "Glad you are old" I was like WTF?? :laugh:

I guess my "brain" ;) interpreted the "k" and the exlamation point as an "l" and a "d". I don't know what happened.

Thanks Chuck! :-*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4637 on: June 03, 2009, 02:42:29 pm »
It was another very interesting day in good 'ol Naptown yesterday. We had another really bad storm roll through. Very high winds, lots and LOTS of rain, lightening and pea sized hail. The hail was not as big as it was the other night. The other night we had golf ball sized hail, and the yard was white from all the ice. So the pea size hail was much better although other parts of Indy reported baseball size hail yesterday. Anyway, in the middle of all this I watched a huge branch come down into Dad's back yard. I think it was probably struck by lightening. It made a very loud crashing sound and upon later investigation I found out it wasn't one branch, but two branches - each about 35 to 40 feet long and about 10 feet tall. And they weren't branches, they were half of an entire tree! :o Another large branch landed on the roof, although it wasn't as big as those two. The one on the roof is about 12 feet long. I was going to go up there today and pull it off, but it has been raining continuously today (no storms though) and it's quite chilly now.. about 55 degrees. Yucky day.

So, in the middle of this storm the power went out. It went out around 5:45pm and didn't come back on until 8:00. Dad and I had our glow sticks ready just in case but it finally came back on just before it got dark outside. Then last night at 11:45 it went out AGAIN while I was typing a PM to Fiona! >:( There were no storms when it happened. No thunder. No lightening. No wind. It was perfectly calm and yet it went out, and it didn't come back on until 8:30 this morning. So I was glad we had located those glow sticks after all. It was very boring. I ended up watching a few "Everybody Loves Raymond" episodes on my battery powered portable DVD player.

Then today, at roughly 1:00pm the power flickered again. It went out for a second or two and came back on. I don't understand it.

I took some pictures of the downed limbs but Photobucket isn't cooperating with me. I keep getting an upload error. Just as soon as it accepts my uploads I will post the pictures here.

It was an interesting night. :P

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4638 on: June 03, 2009, 03:03:57 pm »
wow David! Scary! I'm also glad youre OKAY (not old!!) :P
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4639 on: June 03, 2009, 03:19:06 pm »
haha! When I first read your message, I thought it said "Glad you are old" I was like WTF?? :laugh:

LOL!!!!

Oh god, can you imagine?  How rude would that be?   :laugh: