Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2145869 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #4650 on: June 04, 2009, 04:03:01 pm »
To help give some scale, the thing I've circled in blue is a bird bath. It is a concrete bird bath and it stands about 4 feet tall. The brown thing laying in the bath is a strip of bark that fell off and landed in it during the storm, probably when the branches broke off. The bird bath is located only a couple of feet from the branches - they just missed it, but they managed to take out a birdhouse on their way down.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4651 on: June 04, 2009, 04:06:18 pm »
Wow !!
that was some storm you had up there. I would have been joining Cody flat on the floor, and wondering if it was safe to swallow another happy pill, along with a keg of beer !!Well truth be told it probably would have been the vat of beer that had me flat on the floor !! The summer lightning storms here have pretty much the same effect. Emma and I sit with all the curtains closed playing cards.

I hope you find the damage is minimal and the insurance don't find some small print to worm their way out of paying !!! I have just discovered that due to some changes in the IRS here, my BRITISH pension cannot be transferred in the way I was hoping. One can and the other two can't, then to add bloody insult to injury, the one which can transfer, may well be taxable.
YOU WHAT !!!!!!  I paid taxes on it in England, why the beep, beep would I pay taxed for bringing it over here.

So you will not make me a citizen, I can't vote, I quite rightly pay taxes on earned income here, but you then want a cut of my British pension. There are not enough drugs in the world to calm me down at the moment.
In fact if some low form of amoebic life, ie insurance man, tries to argue out of paying, send him in my direction. I will let out a torrent of abuse hitherto unheard of,and what's more I will do it in English, French and Japanese, oh not forgetting Indian, Urdu dialect!!!!!

Me mad, nah, calm as a millpond on a windless day. ;D

Oh Poor Fiona!! :'( :-*

It sounds like both of us are having problems, but my little "storm" problem pales in comparison to what you are going through down there in Florida. :(

I hope things get better for you real quick honey! I keep my fingers crossed and continue to send you positive energy and good thoughts your way. :-*

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4652 on: June 06, 2009, 04:45:04 pm »
wow.. those pics are scary! If they had fallen elsewhere who knows what would have happened..  :-\
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4653 on: June 07, 2009, 12:05:08 am »
WHOOO! Hot flash! Hot flash!!

I'm burning up in here ya'll! I'm about ready to rip all my clothes off. :P

GOD DAYUM! This ain't funny. :(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4654 on: June 07, 2009, 12:07:45 am »
wow.. those pics are scary! If they had fallen elsewhere who knows what would have happened..  :-\

If you think it looks scary in those pictures, you should have been here when it happened! :laugh:

I've called the insurance company and I've had three estimators out here. Some of the shingles were ripped off Dad's roof due to the wind. I'm trying to talk the insurance company into reshingling his roof. And I've hired a company to come out and cut up those trees, but they can't get here until the middle of next week. There is alot more of this all around town. :(

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4655 on: June 08, 2009, 07:53:47 pm »
I hope you are having some luck with the insurers, and that the weather your way is a little more settled now. We have had 3 days now of pretty well non stop rain and I am fed up, it is so dreary..
Life is always a little more bearable when the sun shines.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4656 on: June 10, 2009, 01:11:52 am »
I hope you are having some luck with the insurers, and that the weather your way is a little more settled now. We have had 3 days now of pretty well non stop rain and I am fed up, it is so dreary..
Life is always a little more bearable when the sun shines.

Thanks Fiona!! It turns out the insurance company will pay for his roof to be reshingled and to have the limb removed from the roof. I think we will be paying to have the mess in the yard cleaned up. I'm still working with them though, so maybe they will change their minds. :)

I had a bad headache earlier today and so I laid down to take a nap and I had the most terrible dream...

It was my mother's funeral. As they were carrying her coffin out of the church and to the hearse, I noticed there was this small "trap door" or "secret door" on the side of the coffin, like a swinging hinged side panel and it lifted up. One of the guys carrying the coffin was stuffing something up in there, up inside my mother's coffin. Then I woke up. Now, even though it has been hours since I dreamed it, every time I think about it I am filled with sadness and I feel a bit sick. That's how I felt in the dream too when I watched him do it.

I can't seem to shake it off. I can't get rid of that dream nor the feeling I had. I've been sitting here trying to figure out what he was stuffing up there in her coffin. Maybe it was something good, like flowers or a picture. But I can't seem to get this dream out of my mind. I found it deeply disturbing.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #4657 on: June 10, 2009, 03:27:27 am »
Oh dear David.....a dam bloody bad dream is bad enough, but one you remember is worse.

I'm sure it would be flowers or something nice, maybe some notes from her family telling her how much they loved her.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4658 on: June 10, 2009, 06:40:24 am »
Lee is the queen for interpreting dream.. you should ask her!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4659 on: June 10, 2009, 07:14:14 am »
Oh, I hate dreams like that David.

Hope you are able to shake the feeling and sadness soon!

:-*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!