Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2147800 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #530 on: November 03, 2006, 11:47:06 pm »
Current Weather in New Orleans: Breezy and Clear   Temp: 55 F (13 C)

Well, we made it to New Orleans in one piece. After a 3 hour drive to Chicago and a bumpy 2 hour flight to Louisiana, we arrived around 3:00 pm. After checking into the hotel, Alex sent his mother an email and I sent a few emails to my father and a few friends. I took Alex down to see the French Quarter and we walked along the Mississippi river. Before long, it started getting dark, so we had dinner in the Quarter and then headed back to the hotel.

Other than a part of tomorrow, we will not have any more time to see the city, so we are trying to do as much as we can with our free time. Since I have family in the city, I have been to New Orleans many times and there are so many things I would love for Alex to see and experience. But we have very little time for sightseeing unfortunately. But once we arrive back in Chicago on Monday, I plan on spending at least one day in the city so Alex can see it, and then drive to Michigan via the Indiana Toll Road so Alex can see the dunes along Lake Michigan.

I plan on posting a few things on Bettermost and then going to bed. It has been a VERY long and stressful day. Alex fell asleep sitting up at the table here in our room. I put him to bed and he is fast asleep. I have a feeling he will be waking up in a few hours though (I've noticed he has a tendency to do that). So, later on (if I don't fall asleep too) I'm going to climb in bed with him and watch a pay per view movie on tv. We have a minibar here in our room and I have already poured a couple of drinks. I can't believe the prices they charge for those little bottles of whiskey. They even charge for the cans of coke in the icebox ($2.50 a can I think). But there is a coke machine at the end of the hall and we can purchase coke for only $1.00 a can. Just try and figure that out. It doesn't make any sense to me.   ???

I talked to my room mate in Indianapolis a little while ago, and my dog has already managed to escape out the front door. He ran over to the neighbors house and stole a teddy bear off their front porch. He finally returned back to the house and tried to hide the bear in the utility room. Cory found the bear and took it back over to the neighbor's house. I don't know why Cody did that. He has plenty of his own toys to play with. I guess he just wanted that teddy bear. But now I'm very worried about my dog. I'm afraid Cory will accidently let him out the front door again. I doubt my cat will try to escape because he has never been outside before. But Cody is very curious. Cory needs to keep a close eye on him.

I hear a bunch of sirens down below. I wonder what the hell is going on down there. I'm going to go check it out!

Talk to you all later!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #531 on: November 03, 2006, 11:54:21 pm »
[snip]

I plan on posting a few things on Bettermost and then going to bed. It has been a VERY long and stressful day. Alex fell asleep sitting up at the table here in our room. I put him to bed and he is fast asleep. I have a feeling he will be waking up in a few hours though (I've noticed he has a tendency to do that). So, later on (if I don't fall asleep too) I'm going to climb in bed with him and watch a pay per view movie on tv. We have a minibar here in our room and I have already poured a couple of drinks. I can't believe the prices they charge for those little bottles of whiskey. They even charge for the cans of coke in the icebox ($2.50 a can I think). But there is a coke machine at the end of the hall and we can purchase coke for only $1.00 a can. Just try and figure that out. It doesn't make any sense to me.   ???

You're gonna WHAT??!!

*Jess faints in shock!*

oh....wait...you're in a motel....and it is expensive to rent a motel room...so ya'll are sharing to save MONEY...oh ok...(I won't shock you with what I originally thought...)

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • myspace
« Reply #532 on: November 04, 2006, 12:19:17 am »
Rich!

What?

What are you talking about honey? I just saw your post. What do you mean?

i want someone to come  wear me out !  ya know in bed!
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline wulfar360

• myspace
« Reply #533 on: November 04, 2006, 12:20:48 am »
!!

Wulf! Are you all talk and no action??  :-X

;)

i dont remember when he  said that but hell  come on down wear me out !  :o ;D
but
more and more these days
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #534 on: November 04, 2006, 12:23:48 am »
Oh God, David, I need to say this again, you are hilarious!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well Melissa, you are pretty funny too! You have made me laugh plenty of times, mijn klein vlinder vriendin!  :D

Offline wulfar360

• myspace
« Reply #535 on: November 04, 2006, 12:26:08 am »
Who's flying where to wear out who with what and who rejected who and why?  ;)

well david i think thats the question of the day ! lol i think he was saying i rejected him but id ont recall rejecting anyone so  ??? :o ??? ???

david i wanted to say im sorry to hear of your  familiy emergency i hope everything is going ok !  youll be in my thoughts <HUGS>
but
more and more these days
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #536 on: November 04, 2006, 12:32:48 am »
David,
Maybe i did miss it at some point since i started Bettermost, but I always thought Cory was your mate. I knew he lived with you but i figured you were " together". None of my businesss really, but i guess I have been curious for a bit since Alex came.  I just like to know the roles of everybody so i don't make a mistake.

Im like that. ??? Shut up Geri!
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #537 on: November 04, 2006, 12:38:41 am »
David,
Maybe i did miss it at some point since i started Bettermost, but I always thought Cory was your mate. I knew he lived with you but i figured you were " together". None of my businesss really, but i guess I have been curious for a bit since Alex came.  I just like to know the roles of everybody so i don't make a mistake.

Im like that. ??? Shut up Geri!

Geri, no you are correct. Cory and I broke up a couple of months ago. He is living with me until he finds a place of his own.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #538 on: November 04, 2006, 12:40:15 am »

well david i think thats the question of the day ! lol i think he was saying i rejected him but id ont recall rejecting anyone so  ??? :o ??? ???

Well Rich, you'll need to ask him again! It could end up being a lot of fun, ya know?  :)

Thanks for the hugs Rich.

Offline wulfar360

• myspace
« Reply #539 on: November 04, 2006, 12:49:00 am »
anytime david im geting to be ahuggin person especially for my brokie buds !

right now i could use some "fun" lol :o
but
more and more these days
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days