Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2148081 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #820 on: November 16, 2006, 03:56:24 am »
Not to intrude on all the fun, but what is the rating on this thread? NC17?    :P ;D

I know.

I'm terribly embarrassed. <double blush>

Yesterday, the rating probably would have been XXX..... or at least an R.

I'm desperately trying to "reset" the rating to a G..... or at least a PG.

Oh Lord. I'm sooooo embarrassed! <triple blush>  :'(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Scott6373

« Reply #821 on: November 16, 2006, 08:27:54 am »
I know.

I'm terribly embarrassed. <double blush>

Yesterday, the rating probably would have been XXX..... or at least an R.

I'm desperately trying to "reset" the rating to a G..... or at least a PG.

Oh Lord. I'm sooooo embarrassed! <triple blush>  :'(

I feel as I am to blame for the shennanigans that have been going on here since your trip David.  I do apologise.  I'll save the "bluer" stuff for my thread...but in my defense I was always a sukcer for a cute mid-west boy.  LOL

injest

« Reply #822 on: November 16, 2006, 08:54:17 am »
your cute and i bet its fun pokin ya  =P

WULFAR360!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #823 on: November 16, 2006, 01:44:03 pm »
WULFAR360!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

uh oh!  He's gone and pissed Jess off!
uh oh .. I bet he's shaking in his boots Jess ..   8) ;D

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #824 on: November 16, 2006, 05:21:22 pm »
Current Weather In Indianapolis:  Cold with an icy rain   Temp: 38 F (3 C)

I just hate Winter. It is so cold and gloomy here in Indiana right now. I just hate it.

And I just had a brain fart.

I was sitting here wondering why we change our clocks? For more than 30 years, we didn't change our clocks in Indiana. Well, there were a few western counties that changed them. But for the most part, Indiana didn't change their clocks. It had something to do with the farmers they said.

But this year we started to change them again. My dog and I watched some kids get off the bus in the dark today while we were sitting in the rain <very long story>. But I don't understand it. If we change our clocks to conserve daylight, then why are the kids getting off the school bus in the dark? And it is not even December yet! It's only going to get worse. And what in the world do the farmers have to do with this?

We do some very strange things in this country. We do some VERY strange things.... like change our clocks so the kids can get off the school bus in the dark.

I think I liked it better the old way, when we never fooled around with the clocks. I feel sorry for those poor kids getting off the school bus in the dark when an icy rain is falling.

When I lived in Evansville we changed our clocks. They were on Central time there. I was so glad to get back to Indianapolis. Now we're doing it here too.

It just doesn't make sense to me. 

Your so right David.

It's so dark and gloomy up here in central New York too. It's been raining all week. It seems like it's always dark. Iv'e  had my lights on at 3oclock all week long.  November is always a bummer. If it wasn't for Thanksgiving there would be nothing cheery about the month at all cause you know snow is coming sometime soon.

I think the time change was meant to let the kids have daylight in the morning going to school. But it doesn't help much in the late afternoon when they are coming home.

Maybe it,s been SAD ( seasonal affected disorder) that has brought out the worse in us all lately?  ;) Yeah that's what it is..SAD!

" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #825 on: November 16, 2006, 06:13:36 pm »

Your so right David.

It's so dark and gloomy up here in central New York too. It's been raining all week. It seems like it's always dark. Iv'e  had my lights on at 3oclock all week long.  November is always a bummer. If it wasn't for Thanksgiving there would be nothing cheery about the month at all cause you know snow is coming sometime soon.

I think the time change was meant to let the kids have daylight in the morning going to school. But it doesn't help much in the late afternoon when they are coming home.

Maybe it,s been SAD ( seasonal affected disorder) that has brought out the worse in us all lately?  ;) Yeah that's what it is..SAD!

Geri... November is a bummer... PERIOD! I don't mind December too much because I love Christmas and I love all the Christmas decorations and the music. Once Christmas is over, winter becomes really shitty.

But we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in my family. We never did. Mom didn't enjoy cooking and she never wanted to have to deal with a huge dinner. To be honest with  you, I couldn't blame her. We always had a regular dinner on Thanksgiving. Nothing special. We always remembered to be thankful for everything we had/have, but we never did the big turkey thing. I never liked turkey anyway! I like chicken, but not turkey!  :)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #826 on: November 16, 2006, 06:23:48 pm »
David~
My mother never liked to cook either. We always went out for Thanksgiving. And guess what?  I dont like to cook either so...

Anyways   I really don't like the day personally. Any time we ever were invited to relatives all it is is football all day, stuffing yourself and feeling real full and yucky for the rest of it. I find the whole thing quite boring.

And now that my parents are both gone I like it even less. My mom died the day before Thanksgiving and that doesn't help at all!! And this will be the first one without dad, so as you can see... :'(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #827 on: November 16, 2006, 06:30:00 pm »
David~
My mother never liked to cook either. We always went out for Thanksgiving. And guess what?  I dont like to cook either so...

Anyways   I really don't like the day personally. Any time we ever were invited to relatives all it is is football all day, stuffing yourself and feeling real full and yucky for the rest of it. I find the whole thing quite boring.

And now that my parents are both gone I like it even less. My mom died the day before Thanksgiving and that doesn't help at all!! And this will be the first one without dad, so as you can see... :'(

I remember you telling me you just lost your father. I'm so sorry to hear it.  :'(

Hang in there, okay??!!  :-*

Well, like I said, we never had the big dinners and everything was closed on Thanksgiving (stores, arcades, etc.) so Thanksgiving was always a very boring day for me. But it was still a good tradeoff because at least I didn't have to go to school! I always did enjoy Thanksgiving night though, because it was on this night they would light up all the Christmas lights on Monument Circle (I posted some pictures of Monument Circle at Christmas somewhere in this thread). Sometimes we would even go downtown and watch it!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #828 on: November 16, 2006, 06:33:09 pm »
David~

Maybe this year you should do what I always do on Thanksgiving. Just have a regular dinner (fried chicken or hamburgers or something) and just try to remind yourself throughout the day to be thankful for what you have (your family, children, home, etc). I think this is what Thanksgiving is suppose to be anyhow. It's not about the big dinner, is it? It's about the thankfullness.  :)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #829 on: November 16, 2006, 06:46:58 pm »
   Yes that,s one thing I do enjoy is getting the decorations out.  but it seems every year goes by faster than the last and it feels like I just put them away from last year!  I think your right about that regular dinner David.  I think we will proably go out to dinner, but that's nothing new, we go out alot ,and. maybe I will order Spahgetti  or something that doesn,t remind me of the traditional day.

i know ...someones gonna read this and say that's not fair...what about the kids? Well my kids are not into it this year either after loosing their Grampa just a short while ago .So no one's going to miss it

. We wouldn't even bother going out   but My youngest still has a greatgrandmother on her father's side who is 90 years old who lives alone about 50 miles from here . So we have to go out when we go to see her.