Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149473 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #1100 on: January 09, 2007, 03:59:06 am »
Well, I hope everyone writes their local congressman or woman to express their disappointment. If Congress is  brazen enough to pull a cheap stunt like this so early in the year, I'm scared to think of what they might try next.

They can't get away with crap like this. We need to tell them to either get their asses to work or get out of Congress.

First it was bad legislation (or no legislation) from the former Republican controlled Congress. Now it's football games, hotdogs and partying with the new Democratic Congress.

I swear it makes me ashamed to be a Democrat.  :(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Scott6373

« Reply #1101 on: January 09, 2007, 08:58:24 am »
Well, I hope everyone writes their local congressman or woman to express their disappointment. If Congress is  brazen enough to pull a cheap stunt like this so early in the year, I'm scared to think of what they might try next.

They can't get away with crap like this. We need to tell them to either get their asses to work or get out of Congress.

First it was bad legislation (or no legislation) from the former Republican controlled Congress. Now it's football games, hotdogs and partying with the new Democratic Congress.

I swear it makes me ashamed to be a Democrat.  :(

Oh David, I know exactly how you feel, but it's a little "rose-colored glasses" to think that they can't get away with that.  Step back for a moment and think about the actions that have gotten this country in the position it's in now, and those of our past that have caused similar angst.  Most os the behaviors that led to those events were, if not illegal, highly immoral, yet no one is in jail we speak for those things.  I certainly advocate speaking out, but we have to realize, there are two different systems of judgement in this country:  one that judges the end in itself and one that uses means to justify an end.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #1102 on: January 11, 2007, 02:50:09 am »
David - are you here hiding???  ???

Come out come out wherever you are -  I need some moral support!!!

"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1103 on: January 11, 2007, 02:57:52 am »
David - are you here hiding???  ???

Come out come out wherever you are -  I need some moral support!!!

Well, fine then...I'll just talk to myself!  It's not like it's THAT different from usual! :)

So..for the past 5 hours I've been doing my manic madwoman imitation trying to do 1001 things before this WVa trip!  And I think I'm done for today.  The two lists and random post-its are dealt with; there's a new tomorrow list.  But I'm sure I'm forgetting something vital.

And why your blog, but not mine, you might ask???  I dunno.   It's nicer here despite the dumbass mules Congress.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1104 on: January 11, 2007, 03:02:57 am »
David might reply:  Well, Lynne, it's great that you're going somewhere fun to hang with Brokies because that is THE most fun thing to do, right??

You're absolutely right, David. And I will definitely start having fun tomorrow at approximately 6 pm EST because that's when I will get to Chattanooga to meet Wayne and the fun part is scheduled to start.  It says so right there in my Daytimer.

:laugh:
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1105 on: January 11, 2007, 03:05:50 am »
Oh Lynne! I'm sorry!

We were busy taking those personality tests! (I have a friend visiting me!)

I sure am sorry!

What's going on honey?

You are meeting Wayne at 6 AM?? What are you doing up Lynne??!!!

You are so cute!!  :)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1106 on: January 11, 2007, 03:11:32 am »
David might reply:  Geez, Lynne...you know you might have a control issue or two...lists, post-its, daytimer.  I don't mean to be indelicate, but have you considered getting professional help?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's so kind of you to ask, and I am not at all offended.  Actually, since some recent family (translate brother) conflicts I signed up with a therapist.  We had our 2nd session Monday.  (I already emailed this to Truman, so Truman - sorry to be redundant.)

This $100/hour therapist thinks my BBM/BetterMost involvement is very healthy and normal, but wonders if I can go for four f-ing years days without checking in with home (Mom & her caregiver) by phone.  She thinks I never truly 'get away' because I check in 2-3x/day.  Do you think I should get a refund since she's tossed me into full-blown panic attack mode??

This is worst than Saturday noon at WalMart on my personal panic scale!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1107 on: January 11, 2007, 03:19:06 am »
Oh Lynne! I'm sorry!

We were busy taking those personality tests! (I have a friend visiting me!)

I sure am sorry!

What's going on honey?

You are meeting Wayne at 6 AM?? What are you doing up Lynne??!!!

You are so cute!!  :)

OK - who is this friend and why are you subjecting him/her to more blogthings?!?!?  I'll PM you my therapist's number....Boy, you really ARE high-maintenance.   ::) ;D ::)

No, meeting in Chattanooga is at 6 PM Thursday night with my old college roomie, then Wayne will be along, and we're crashing at her place, and then we're getting an early start to WVa.

I'm gonna make Wayne drive if he can fit all our *crap* in his car - it's for the best - and it's not like we're going up there to fish ski....no snow to speak of, so newly waxed skis can stay home.

And I'm awake because I have insomnia as well as my other out-lined issues ;)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1108 on: January 11, 2007, 03:20:04 am »
Lynne said: David might reply:  Geez, Lynne...you know you might have a control issue or two...lists, post-its, daytimer.  I don't mean to be indelicate, but have you considered getting professional help?

I'm confused. But this is pretty much a normal thing for me.

Okay.... Oh I don't think you need professional help Lynne! Maybe you are just a little TOO organized? Whatdaya think?

It's probably better to be too organized than too unorganized!

I hope you all have a fun time on your trip!  I wish I could go. It's not going to work out for me this time around.   :'(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1109 on: January 11, 2007, 03:22:59 am »
What is this fish skiing all about?

I've seen this before. What does it mean?

Are you all fishing.... skiing.....both.... neither?

Yeah, I'm a true blue dingbat Lynne!   :D