Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149588 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2990 on: September 25, 2008, 03:33:50 pm »
So David.

How did you enjoy your birthday? What did you do? What did you get?

And what have you been up to with life in general? ...... Have you moved your jobs yet? 

K
x

Hi Kelda! You're so sweet! :-*

I've been flying under the radar this birthday for many reasons. But yes it's been quite a pleasant day. I've spent much of it working, and I've been listening to the news about this possible $700 billion bail out by my government. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Obviously something must be done to correct it but I don't think I like the idea of a $700 billion check to the very same people who created this mess to begin with.

Yes, I started my new job the week after Labor Day. So far I like it. My boss is a childhood friend of mine (whom I haven't seen in years up until I started this job) and we've spent some time reminiscing about some of the crazy things we did when we were kids.

How is your day going for you Kelda? I hope everything is happy for you over there in beautiful Scotland. :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2991 on: September 25, 2008, 05:35:53 pm »
Hi Kelda! You're so sweet! :-*

I've been flying under the radar this birthday for many reasons. But yes it's been quite a pleasant day. I've spent much of it working, and I've been listening to the news about this possible $700 billion bail out by my government. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Obviously something must be done to correct it but I don't think I like the idea of a $700 billion check to the very same people who created this mess to begin with.

Yes, I started my new job the week after Labor Day. So far I like it. My boss is a childhood friend of mine (whom I haven't seen in years up until I started this job) and we've spent some time reminiscing about some of the crazy things we did when we were kids.

How is your day going for you Kelda? I hope everything is happy for you over there in beautiful Scotland. :D

I'm good, yeah got my big band competition on Saturday so leaving tomorrow to travel to Harrogate! Looking forward to it but also very scared!

Awww - so a low key birthday for you? I think you should ahve a BIG party!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

injest

« Reply #2992 on: October 01, 2008, 12:31:58 am »
David...I thought you would like this...

A  PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS....   

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years.  Any separation from you is  likely to be painful.

2.  Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3.  Place your trust in me.  It is crucial for my  well-being.

4.  Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5.  Talk to me.  Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand  your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7.  Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8.  Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food,  I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9.  Please take care of me when I grow old.  You too, will grow  old.

10.  On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please.  Never say you  can't bear to watch.  Don't  make me face this alone.  Everything is easier for me if you are  there, because I love you so.   

Take  a moment today to thank God for your pets.  Enjoy and take good care  of them.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2993 on: October 01, 2008, 01:05:51 am »
David...I thought you would like this...

A  PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS....   

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years.  Any separation from you is  likely to be painful.

2.  Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3.  Place your trust in me.  It is crucial for my  well-being.

4.  Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5.  Talk to me.  Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand  your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7.  Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8.  Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food,  I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

10.  On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please.  Never say you  can't bear to watch.  Don't  make me face this alone.  Everything is easier for me if you are  there, because I love you so.  

Take  a moment today to thank God for your pets.  Enjoy and take good care  of them.

Aww, that is so sweet Jess! Thanks for posting!! #10 is something I'm so scared of. Fortunately my animals are still quite young and barring any sickness or tragedy, we won't have to face that awful day for quite a long while. :'( :'(

I do the bottom one every day! :D

injest

« Reply #2994 on: October 01, 2008, 01:07:22 am »
Aww, that is so sweet Jess! Thanks for posting!! #9 is something I'm so scared of. Fortunately my animals are still quite young and barring any sickness or tragedy, we won't have to face that awful day for quite a long while. :'( :'(

I do #10 every day! :D

I know you love your babies! I love mine too....a little...sometimes...

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2995 on: October 01, 2008, 01:08:57 am »
I'm good, yeah got my big band competition on Saturday so leaving tomorrow to travel to Harrogate! Looking forward to it but also very scared!

Awww - so a low key birthday for you? I think you should ahve a BIG party!!

Kelda, how did the band comeptition go? Did you all win? :)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2996 on: October 01, 2008, 01:18:14 pm »
Kelda, how did the band comeptition go? Did you all win? :)

No but we did pretty well - its all explained in my blog in the Brassed Off thread.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #2997 on: October 07, 2008, 11:59:19 am »
Well damn Jess!

Those commandments just made me cry here at work!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

injest

« Reply #2998 on: October 07, 2008, 06:53:36 pm »
some of those are particularly true for me....and they work for all the animals in our lives.

this one I try to remember when CryBaby jumps up on the keyboard in the middle of a post...he has been here all day and needs me to pay attention to him...I am the source of love and play and food, I AM his mother...he can't get it by himself...

singing when you are around horses calms them AND you...and because they read your body language so well, your relaxation will relax them.

this one I am guilty of with my ol riding horse....if we are having a bad day I think he is being stubborn or bad tempered....when it is true he is getting old and with age getting stiff and fussy...he is more sensitive now to what saddle and pad I use. or bit...

This one I promise. He has a home here forever and I will always take care of him. But my heart will break when that last ride comes. I treasure every good ride we have, knowing it may be the last. I no longer ride him above a walk....we take leisure rides down by the lake. For a while he would drag and hesitate...but we have stopped using him for lessons and shows and he walks with much more pep. semi retirement I guess you would call it. He seems happy.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2999 on: October 07, 2008, 11:51:28 pm »
this one I try to remember when CryBaby jumps up on the keyboard in the middle of a post...he has been here all day and needs me to pay attention to him...I am the source of love and play and food, I AM his mother...he can't get it by himself...

That's beautiful Jess. And it's very true. He depends on you completely and you are his MOMMY. :)