Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149253 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3230 on: December 01, 2008, 11:04:57 am »
Hope you're feeling better today David!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3231 on: December 01, 2008, 11:14:17 am »
me too
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3232 on: December 03, 2008, 01:22:21 am »
I'm watching Andrew Zimmern on the Travel Channel. He's the host of the show "Bizarre Foods". I enjoy watching the show, although sometimes I get a bit grossed out by some of the things he eats. One of the things he ate during this show is no exception. He ate what he called Live Sushi. He was eating a lobster while it was still alive. Well actually it had died only seconds ago, and it was still moving around on his plate. He said some people enjoy eating live lobster because the flesh toughens up within a minute or two after it has been dispatched. So some people prefer eating it alive in order to enjoy a more tender and sweeter tasting flesh.

I'm sorry but that seems really gross to me. He liked it too. He said it was really good. What do you think? Would you ever want to eat an animal while it's still alive?

I once heard about a similar Japanese delicacy. In Japan, and in several other Oriental countries they eat certain types of fish while they are still alive. Of course, once the belly of the fish is sliced open it dies, but it is flipping around on the customer's plate, the gills and eyes still moving. I don't like fish, so this would never be a consideration for me, but even if I DID like fish, I highly doubt I would want to eat one while it is still alive! Another Bizarre Foods show I once watched was filmed in China. They showed fish being fried in a skillet while they were alive. The fish were jumping around in the hot oil. Not only do I find that disgusting, it sounds incredibly cruel to me too.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3233 on: December 03, 2008, 01:28:56 am »
Hope you're feeling better today David!

I'm feeling better today. My head isn't pounding and throbbing today. But my ribs now hurt from all the coughing I've been doing. So I took a couple of vicodins. They help with the pain and they also calm down all this coughing I've been doing. I think this head cold is most over with now. It was pretty terrible. I hope nobody here at Bettermost catches it.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #3234 on: December 03, 2008, 01:30:32 am »
Hey David-bud!

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better!

Lynne-by-the-sea!

:-*

Yes, sounds like you're not close enough to your cousin for me to invite them for dinner.   ;)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

injest

« Reply #3235 on: December 03, 2008, 01:35:16 am »
I'm watching Andrew Zimmern on the Travel Channel. He's the host of the show "Bizarre Foods". I enjoy watching the show, although sometimes I get a bit grossed out by some of the things he eats. One of the things he ate during this show is no exception. He ate what he called Live Sushi. He was eating a lobster while it was still alive. Well actually it had died only seconds ago, and it was still moving around on his plate. He said some people enjoy eating live lobster because the flesh toughens up within a minute or two after it has been dispatched. So some people prefer eating it alive in order to enjoy a more tender and sweeter tasting flesh.

I'm sorry but that seems really gross to me. He liked it too. He said it was really good. What do you think? Would you ever want to eat an animal while it's still alive?

I once heard about a similar Japanese delicacy. In Japan, and in several other Oriental countries they eat certain types of fish while they are still alive. Of course, once the belly of the fish is sliced open it dies, but it is flipping around on the customer's plate, the gills and eyes still moving. I don't like fish, so this would never be a consideration for me, but even if I DID like fish, I highly doubt I would want to eat one while it is still alive! Another Bizarre Foods show I once watched was filmed in China. They showed fish being fried in a skillet while they were alive. The fish were jumping around in the hot oil. Not only do I find that disgusting, it sounds incredibly cruel to me too.

yes that does sound very cruel and completely unnecessary.  >:( >:(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3236 on: December 03, 2008, 01:45:22 am »
Hey David-bud!

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better!

Lynne-by-the-sea!

Yes, sounds like you're not close enough to your cousin for me to invite them for dinner.   ;)

LOL

Nope. I haven't seen Micky in years! But! I was talking to Dad earlier and I found out Micky's sister Diane also lives in Florida with her husband, in a town called Palm Bay. I didn't know that. I DO remember Diane quite well. She's about 12 years older than me. She was always really nice to me. But I haven't talked to her in years either.

My cousin Bill lives in Orlando. He's the oldest of my cousins. He's my Aunt Pat's son. My uncle Bob has a house in Port Saint Lucie. It's one of those gated communities. Dad and I have gone down there several times to visit him. He and Aunt Meriam spend the winter in Florida and summer in Cincinnati. It's a beautiful home, a typical Florida style home. They used to have a condo in Palm Beach Gardens but they sold it and built a new house in Port Saint Lucie in 2000. Uncle Bob and Aunt Meriam used to be avid golfers. Uncle Bob was the golf pro at Kenwood Country Club in Cincinnati for many years and they bought the condo in Palm Beach Gardens so they could be near the PGA during the winter months. But now that they are really too old to play golf - Uncle Bob now has heart problems - they sold it and moved to Port St. Lucie.

Like I said, I have lots of family in Florida. Lots of friends down there too! :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3237 on: December 03, 2008, 01:49:11 am »
yes that does sound very cruel and completely unnecessary.  >:( >:(

I agree Jess! It was very difficult to watch those episodes. Some people don't stop to think that animals can feel pain too. And fear. Some people only worry about what pleases THEM and they don't stop to think about the animals. It's a shame. :'(

And not only that, but it's downright disgusting too. :P

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #3238 on: December 03, 2008, 01:49:44 am »
LOL

Nope. I haven't seen Micky in years! But! I was talking to Dad earlier and I found out Micky's sister Diane also lives in Florida with her husband, in a town called Palm Bay. I didn't know that. I DO remember Diane quite well. She's about 12 years older than me. She was always really nice to me. But I haven't talked to her in years either.

My cousin Bill lives in Orlando. He's the oldest of my cousins. He's my Aunt Pat's son. My uncle Bob has a house in Port Saint Lucie. It's one of those gated communities. Dad and I have gone down there several times to visit him. He and Aunt Meriam spend the winter in Florida and summer in Cincinnati. It's a beautiful home, a typical Florida style home. They used to have a condo in Palm Beach Gardens but they sold it and built a new house in Port Saint Lucie in 2000. Uncle Bob and Aunt Meriam used to be avid golfers. Uncle Bob was the golf pro at Kenwood Country Club in Cincinnati for many years and they bought the condo in Palm Beach Gardens so they could be near the PGA during the winter months. But now that they are really too old to play golf - Uncle Bob now has heart problems - they sold it and moved to Port St. Lucie.

Like I said, I have lots of family in Florida. Lots of friends down there too! :D

Big family!
Maybe if you get down this way in the next year or so, we can visit a bit!
Hugs,
Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3239 on: December 03, 2008, 01:58:07 am »
Big family!
Maybe if you get down this way in the next year or so, we can visit a bit!
Hugs,
Lynne

Yup. Out of Dad's six other brothers and sisters, our family is the smallest. Mom and Dad only had two children, me and my sister. Uncle Bob's family is the next smallest, just three kids in his family, two boys and a girl. The rest of them have pretty large families. I have 39 cousins on Dad's side of the family. I think I have a few more cousins in Florida but other than Bill, Micky and Diane I really can't remember which ones live down there. It's difficult keeping track of all of them! Some of them still live in Cincinnati, or in Ohio at least. I have a few cousins that now live in Columbus Ohio. And I think one also lives in Dayton. They're scattered all over the country now, but Florida tends to be a magnet for many people in my family.