Author Topic: Who joined when - the BetterMost members list  (Read 5494 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Who joined when - the BetterMost members list
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 01:47:52 pm »
I celebrated my six month anniversary yesterday. Looking back, I can't believe how much has happened. We Tremblayans arrived at this oasis spent and wrung out after travelling from IMDB, yahoo, and Google. Philip prepared a home for us and even protected us from trolls and prying eyes for a while. We collapsed on the ground with our accoutrements all scattered around us but soon we were revived and woke everyone with the clacking of our jaws and our hammerin'. We gathered around the campfire, biting off mouthfuls of jerky and inhaling peanut butter sandwiches.

I'm sure we alarmed and upset some of the BetterMostians with our raucous and ribald ways, and our penchant for drama. But everyone was remarkably tolerant and bore us with good humor. And many visited Chez Tremblay and joined in so that CT became more of a state of mind rather than a defined group of people. But, what we have been through in just six months! We've seen a birth, divorce, health crisis, and death, either real or figurative; several hookups and breakups; comings out; many moves and relocations; children's graduations and leavetakings; health crises of Tremblayans and their loved ones; plus so many happy occasions such as Brokie gatherings and chats, film showings, and tours of significant sites. I swear, not so much has happened to me and my family in six years, much less six months! And on the board so much has happened too. Many new people joining, and others leaving either with bruised egos or somehow getting hoist by their own petard, although many who left have remained close by. Who would have thought there would be nearly 300 sets of the alphabet that could be used to describe Brokeback Mountain? Who would have thought people would want to view a parody called Broken Arsed Mountain 20,000 times? Who would have thought that people would argue about a canonical vs an alternative universe Brokeback Mountain? Good grief, pretty soon Jack and Ennis will sprout wings or Jack will get pregnant! I can't wait to see what the next six months will bring!! Let's keep that campfire stoked and put on a fresh pot of coffee for all those who will be seeing BBM for the first time on TV or DVD. There are more Tremblayans out there stumbling around in the dark and looking for a safe, warm campfire to join in the conversation.

Aaah that's nice - poetic like - makes me feel warm all over.

Thanks Lee
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Who joined when - the BetterMost members list
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 09:13:16 pm »
Thank you Roland. Being a part of this group has made me feel warm all over. And it's a sure cure for insomnia!
"chewing gum and duct tape"