Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599501 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #210 on: October 19, 2006, 10:00:58 am »
even though it's only 9 am here the first thing I did when i woke up was check to see if by some miracle the new chapter had been posted early... I'm a wreck!!

Soon I hope!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

mvansand76

« Reply #211 on: October 19, 2006, 10:09:51 am »
*rolls eys*

Is there a thread you two don't take over?    ::)  :laugh:

Hee hee hee (*evil eyes*), we Dutchies want to take over the whole world, starting with Bettermost!!!  :P :laugh:

one_of_one

« Reply #212 on: October 19, 2006, 10:11:05 am »
even though it's only 9 am here the first thing I did when i woke up was check to see if by some miracle the new chapter had been posted early... I'm a wreck!!

Soon I hope!

I can't wait to see what happens.

I'm hoping for some more kissing at least (I LOVE kissing scenes between J and E, and touching too), but have steeled myself for heavy angst just in case...

I was rereading some of the chapters last night, and realised they get takeouts delivered.  So, I'm wondering if that's how Madrigal will get to them.  Take out the ...er...takeout person and knock at the door.  Voila!  Open sesame.

The stress is killing me!!!!   :-\ :'( ??? :(
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 10:17:22 am by one_of_one »

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2006, 10:50:46 am »
I can't wait to see what happens.

I'm hoping for some more kissing at least (I LOVE kissing scenes between J and E, and touching too), but have steeled myself for heavy angst just in case...

I was rereading some of the chapters last night, and realised they get takeouts delivered.  So, I'm wondering if that's how Madrigal will get to them.  Take out the ...er...takeout person and knock at the door.  Voila!  Open sesame.

The stress is killing me!!!!   :-\ :'( ??? :(

God, that's just too depressing to even consider......Don't you think that after what happened with that guy with the dog Ennis will move them to another safe house?  :-\  And because he's so overwhelmed and confused by his feelings for Jack and feels he therefore can't protect Jack sufficiently he'll ask to be reassigned??  :-\

I don't know, it's driving me nuts.

one_of_one

« Reply #214 on: October 19, 2006, 11:02:26 am »
I don't think he'd voluntarily ask to be reassigned.  Colin already gave him an out on that one which he refused.  And if HE can't protect Jack, no-one can. No way he would let anyone else in on that one.  Jack is his.  He wouldn't give him up.

I think if they ARE going to be separated it'll be because Ennis's bosses pull him out.  And if that doesn't happen than Madrigal will find them where they are.  But they'll escape.

I think at some point Ennis will have to make a big choice between love and duty, and will choose Jack.  He feels guilty at phoning in about Ortiz already.  Would he be able to do something like that again?

And what about his "interview" with Dane.  His professionalism has gone flying out the window.  No way he can keep his job.  At the very beginning of Shades he was admitting to losing his touch, that his heart wasn't in it as much as it had been.

I'm wondering when he'll ditch Alma.  Or if he just goes off with Jack and leaves her to work it out herself.  He doesn't give much thought to her as it is!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #215 on: October 19, 2006, 11:17:34 am »
Maybe Madrigal will get rid of Alma!!  ;D

Just to show Ennis and Jack he means business and that he can't be fucked with.

midwest-girl

« Reply #216 on: October 19, 2006, 11:30:32 am »
Hey, guys, Chapter Nine is up at http://midwest-girl.livejournal.com   

Oh, and don't worry, Alma will resurface, Ennis hasn't forgotten about her.  It's just that when he's in the apartment he can't see her very often so it's easy for him, right now, to pretend she's not an issue...

midwest-girl

« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2006, 11:45:43 am »
God damn it, Helen!  I just KNEW you would bring up that fucking Vaseline.  Jack has chapped lips, okay?   :)  But seriously, Ennis is going to tease him about it next chapter.  I just didn't want to break up the flow in this one for Ennis to start giving him shit.

one_of_one

« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2006, 11:52:10 am »
God damn it, Helen!  I just KNEW you would bring up that fucking Vaseline.  Jack has chapped lips, okay?   :)  But seriously, Ennis is going to tease him about it next chapter.  I just didn't want to break up the flow in this one for Ennis to start giving him shit.

Hmmm....I'll let you off.   ;D ;D

LOL...I'm sorry.  When he said he had a condom MY inner voice was saying "Yeah, but what about lube...where's that going to spring from?"

;)

one_of_one

« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2006, 12:21:50 pm »
I think that was the most beautiful lovemaking scene I've ever read. 

*sigh*