Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 598993 times)

one_of_one

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #230 on: October 19, 2006, 03:44:01 pm »
God, I am really worried about what's going to happen in the next chapter, I am really not looking forward to Madrigal finding Jack and Ennis.  >:(

Me neither.

I'm wondering how he will get into the flat (sorry, apartment!).  My ideas so far are that he could pretend to be a delivery person with a takeout...or he will somehow break in during the night when they will be at their most vulnerable.  Or *worries*  he'll come when Ennis is out, and Jack will be captured *cries*  I couldn't bear that. :(

I really don't want them to be split up, whatever else happens, so hope Ennis leaving the apartment at any time (to split up with Alma?  Oh, the irony!) isn't going to result in that.

one_of_one

« Reply #231 on: October 19, 2006, 04:10:32 pm »
Or maybe they will go to the place where Jack has his WP interview...and madrigal will see them leave, and somehow be waiting for them when theyget back.

God - I am really fretting over this now.  I know you've said they will be together at the end, Amy, but I'm wondering what will happen to them whilst getting to that point.  Hoping neither will get badly hurt, but thinking it may happen.

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #232 on: October 19, 2006, 04:19:20 pm »
I just hope Ennis has the good sense to move them into another apartment in a completely different neighbourhood. That's what I'm desperately hoping for. He must know how risky it's become to stay there.

one_of_one

« Reply #233 on: October 19, 2006, 04:29:01 pm »
I can't see that happening, otherwise the story can't go anywhere, and Madrigal's presence in the storyline would be watered down.

For me, part of the excitement is the question of what will happen when he finds them.  If he doesn't find them why bother with him?

How could Ennis justify a request to move?  Madrigal has disappeared the paperwork, so to all intents and purposes no complaint was made. And surely he wouldn't tell his bosses that they went out for a walk - that would get him taken off the case for sure.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #234 on: October 19, 2006, 04:36:48 pm »
Yeah, you are so right H. I'm no good at this  ::)   :-X

I don't find it exciting though, I find it terrifying  :'(

mvansand76

« Reply #235 on: October 19, 2006, 04:40:26 pm »
Me neither.

I'm wondering how he will get into the flat (sorry, apartment!).  My ideas so far are that he could pretend to be a delivery person with a takeout...or he will somehow break in during the night when they will be at their most vulnerable.  Or *worries*  he'll come when Ennis is out, and Jack will be captured *cries*  I couldn't bear that. :(

I really don't want them to be split up, whatever else happens, so hope Ennis leaving the apartment at any time (to split up with Alma?  Oh, the irony!) isn't going to result in that.

Oh no, I can't bear it!

And you know what, there is always this thing of Jack maybe finding out that Ennis used the name he shouted in his dreams as information for the FBI....

What did you guys think about that internal conversation Jack had about what it would be like to betray Ennis? I think it's intriguing to say the least, I was kind of worried that those kinds of things were still going through his head, but maybe not anymore after the night they spent together.

Offline Summor

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #236 on: October 19, 2006, 05:10:21 pm »
Hey guys!  I only have a second to pop in and quickly read everyone's thoughts and comments.  I LOVE how you have a thread for each separate story you're discussing.  Now I can completely pour out all of my SOG thoughts that are running rampant through my brain.

I'm very nervous about what's in store in Chpt 10...so many possibilities.  I'll have to use my extra harassment abilities on Amy to see what insight she'll give me. ;) 

Madrigal sends shivers down my spine, and I'm worried for both Jack and Ennis.  He can't let Jack escape for a second time!  The last section was soooo angsty for me.  I'm thinking Jack's gun will come into play soon too.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #237 on: October 19, 2006, 05:37:23 pm »
I"m worried he's going to find them while Jack and Ennis are in bed together and then when he sees how important Ennis is to Jack, he'll work overtime to hurt him... similar to what I feel like he probably did to Oritz (although I could be way off base with that...)

Oh man, I'm a nervous wreck!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #238 on: October 19, 2006, 06:29:13 pm »
"It was early for the first snowfall, but Jack wasn’t complaining."

Even without the M/H conversation ending this current chapter, I suppose the early snow is a harbinger borrowed directly from canon: Warning that their secluded time apart from the rest or the world is drawing to an abrupt end.

And that abrupt end will have something to do with Madrigal......

Since we haven't had the Ortiz story yet, I'm beginning to think we'll not learn what happened until Madrigal actually catches up with Ennis and Jack. He loved tormenting Jack, reminding him of Ortiz at that wedding. Madrigal surely would be thrilled to dish the story out to Ennis in all its horror with Jack as helpless witness, once he finds out what E & J now mean to each other.

As long as I know there will be a happy ending, I'm not at all adverse to lots of angst. And I sure can see many possible extremely angsty and near heart-breaking scenarios in the immediate SoG future, - in which E&Js newfound love will surely play an important part and be tested and tried.....

one_of_one

« Reply #239 on: October 20, 2006, 12:08:49 am »
I"m worried he's going to find them while Jack and Ennis are in bed together and then when he sees how important Ennis is to Jack, he'll work overtime to hurt him...

Oh me too!  I'm really hoping that he'll get there when they are best able to defend themselves though.   Another worry is that they'll have to shoot him/kill him in order to get away from him, and then they'll be on the run for sure.

*sigh*