Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599516 times)

one_of_one

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #240 on: October 20, 2006, 12:43:07 am »
I'm no good at this  ::)   

LOL...who's to say I am?!  I may be leading myself well astray!

I'm frightened for them, and hope Ennis will realise just exactly what Madrigal could be capable of.  I know he's seen his handiwork, but he doesn't know him in the same way Jack does.

*angst*

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #241 on: October 20, 2006, 07:39:03 am »
Lots of conjecture and anticipation going on in here.  ;D

Am so loving this story. That last chaper was wonderful. Passionate and hot (v v v hot), and then the threatening ending. Do particuarly like how the story has parallels with the original.

Or *worries*  he'll come when Ennis is out, and Jack will be captured *cries*  I couldn't bear that. :(

I really don't want them to be split up, whatever else happens, so hope Ennis leaving the apartment at any time (to split up with Alma?  Oh, the irony!) isn't going to result in that.

That's exactly what went through my head. Ennis is going to have to leave the appartment at some point and that's when Madrigal (great name for a villan) could strike. Will Jack escape? Madrigal wants to torture Jack, so will he drag him off elsewhere, leaving Ennis to track them down just in time to save the day? Maybe Madrigal will break in whilst they're both in the flat and use Jack's affection for Ennis as a weapon. Or vice versa.

My word - my head's spinning! And we've got to wait a week for the next update. Good kind of torment though.

Amy  - you don't object to all the speculation that goes on here do you?

Karen

midwest-girl

« Reply #242 on: October 20, 2006, 08:34:32 am »
Hi, Karen.  No, I honestly don't mind the speculation at all.  The speculation about the first sex scene made me crazy (as I told Helen  ;) ) just because writing those scenes makes me so nervous and I was worried about it.  But seriously, all speculation is fine with me.  That's what makes it fun to read, right?!

midwest-girl

« Reply #243 on: October 20, 2006, 08:35:38 am »
Oh me too!  I'm really hoping that he'll get there when they are best able to defend themselves though.   Another worry is that they'll have to shoot him/kill him in order to get away from him, and then they'll be on the run for sure.

*sigh*

Actually, Ennis could shoot Madrigal and it wouldn't be a problem, if Madrigal was threatening their lives.

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #244 on: October 20, 2006, 09:24:44 am »
Actually, Ennis could shoot Madrigal and it wouldn't be a problem, if Madrigal was threatening their lives.

Indeed he could.

But....... I've got a sneaking suspicion that you're not going to make it that simple for any of the characters.

Karen

one_of_one

« Reply #245 on: October 20, 2006, 10:06:17 am »

(please do not copy or repost elsewhere...ta)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 11:11:12 am by one_of_one »

one_of_one

« Reply #246 on: October 20, 2006, 10:18:53 am »
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/roma_uk/shades%20of%20grey/shadescoverfbi7copy.jpg

This is a link to some coverart I've done for Shades.  Please don't copy or post elsewhere. Thanks. :)

midwest-girl

« Reply #247 on: October 20, 2006, 10:28:40 am »
You beat me to it, Helen!  I just left you a pm saying you should post those on the thread!

one_of_one

« Reply #248 on: October 20, 2006, 10:42:45 am »
LOL...I wasn't going to (I mean it's not like it's ART or anything) but thought it would be a bit of fun :D  I do like that badge!!!  It's fun doing this stuff *grin*

one_of_one

« Reply #249 on: October 20, 2006, 11:31:01 am »
Here's something I've been thinking about....condoms. 

<snip>

Has Ennis got a couple in his wallet "just in case"

LOL...I wasn't too far out!