Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599128 times)

one_of_one

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #250 on: October 20, 2006, 11:32:17 am »
Actually, Ennis could shoot Madrigal and it wouldn't be a problem, if Madrigal was threatening their lives.

Hmmm...what if Jack shot him?

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #251 on: October 20, 2006, 11:36:54 am »
Hmmm...what if Jack shot him?

Mmmmmm... now there's a question.

Ennis couldn't cover that one up, not seeing as Jack has got his illegally obtained firearm. He could either turn Jack in, or go on the run with him.

Lots of our theories seem to end up with the boys on the run.

Could witness protection not sort them out with a little cow and calf operation somewhere? After all, they're both Wyoming boys. It'd be some sweet life (sorry - just had to slip that in). :D

Karen

one_of_one

« Reply #252 on: October 20, 2006, 11:43:18 am »

Lots of our theories seem to end up with the boys on the run.

LOL.  They do.  I can't get away from the hot picture of them making their getaway on the back of Jack's motorbike!  :)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #253 on: October 20, 2006, 11:50:17 am »
LOL.  They do.  I can't get away from the hot picture of them making their getaway on the back of Jack's motorbike!  :)

Oh yes! Thank you for sharing that picture. That would be hot.

Then again those two could make a getaway on the back of a donkey and it would still be hot.   ;D

Karen

midwest-girl

« Reply #254 on: October 20, 2006, 11:58:20 am »
Then again those two could make a getaway on the back of a donkey and it would still be hot.   ;D

Karen

Oh god, LMAO!  *frantically trying to think of way to work donkey into the next chapter*

one_of_one

« Reply #255 on: October 20, 2006, 12:15:48 pm »
Oh god, LMAO!  *frantically trying to think of way to work donkey into the next chapter*

On their next walk round the block maybe they meet someone taking their pet donkey for a walk... LOL

mvansand76

« Reply #256 on: October 20, 2006, 12:29:14 pm »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #257 on: October 20, 2006, 03:57:21 pm »
One more little appreciative post from me:

It was only the two of them now, enclosed in their own little world....

Many of the scenes and much of the imagery in SoG makes a strong impact. Still, I think those few sentences, less than two small paragraphs really, describing Jack and Ennis as they fall asleep; - bodies and hearts entwined, no barriers, feeling that all's finally right with the world, cocooned in their own private and as yet invisible space; - that creates one of the most perfect, most powerful and quintessential J&E images ever. I can picture it clearly and it's difficult to think of any image of the two of them that feels more right, bridging AUAU and canon and any space inbetween.

midwest-girl

« Reply #258 on: October 20, 2006, 05:44:57 pm »
Mikaela, what a lovely post.  Thank you!  You know, of this entire story those two paragraphs are the ones I can see most clearly in my mind, too.  Funny how that works sometimes....

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
« Reply #259 on: October 20, 2006, 08:47:47 pm »
I just discovered this thread, and I love it!  RL has been keeping me away from Bettermost lately, so when I had some free time today, I got a pleasant surprise.  I read all of the thread's pages at once.  You guys are hysterical!  I am absolutely in love with SOG, so I hope I am able to hang out here a lot!
What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)