Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 608754 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #260 on: October 21, 2006, 11:14:15 pm »
I just had the weirdest dream about Jack's tattoo  ::)  And now I can't sleep anymore

I'd love a visual for that tattoo.....

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #261 on: October 21, 2006, 11:27:20 pm »
I just had the weirdest dream about Jack's tattoo  ::)  And now I can't sleep anymore

I'd love a visual for that tattoo.....

Oh man, no joke... if we could get one of the resident artists to make a fan art of Jack's tatoo then photoshop it to a pic of Jake, I think I may just die! The scene where Jack first shows Ennis that tatoo is still one of my favorite scenes, and I also love where Ennis licks it, claiming Jack as his... *sigh*

Shit June, you've got me all flustered now, LOL  ::) I think I may have to make it a Shades night...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #262 on: October 21, 2006, 11:37:39 pm »
Oh man, no joke... if we could get one of the resident artists to make a fan art of Jack's tatoo then photoshop it to a pic of Jake, I think I may just die! The scene where Jack first shows Ennis that tatoo is still one of my favorite scenes, and I also love where Ennis licks it, claiming Jack as his... *sigh*

Shit June, you've got me all flustered now, LOL  ::) I think I may have to make it a Shades night...

Heh heh, why do you think I can't sleep anymore? LOL

I've just been googling pics of tattoos like some crazy person  ::) it's 5:30 am here  ::)

I'd be dead too if we ever got to see a visual like that.......oh yeah, where Ennis licks it....definitely part of my dream. I think I'll stop re-reading Shades so much.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #263 on: October 21, 2006, 11:48:44 pm »
Unfortunately Madrigal also showed up in my dream, well, it turned into a nightmare when he did and woke me up! Shit!  ;D

This is what he looked like in my nightmare. It's from Scarface. And I'm talking about the darkhaired guy on the left with the striped jacket and gold chains. I imagine Hinestroza to look like the Miami druglord in this movie but I can't find a pic of him.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 11:13:35 am by Bigheart »

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #264 on: October 22, 2006, 12:06:16 am »
Unfortunately Madrigal also showed up in my dream, well, it turned into a nightmare when he did and woke me up! Shit!  ;D

This is what he looked like in my nightmare. It's from Scarface. And I'm talking about the darkhaired guy on the left with the striped jacket and gold chains. I imagine Hinestroza to look like the Miami druglord in this movie but I can't find a pic of him.

Jesus - I desperately need to go back to sleep now  ::)

5:30? That's early! It's 11 at night here...

That Madrigal is perfect, exactly what I had in my head. When I saw that pic, I pictured that part where he chases Jack down the fire escape then tips his gun to him. Yikes, not a good picture. I can see how that would make you want to wake up, LOL.
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #265 on: October 22, 2006, 12:13:27 am »
Yeah, I've had that visual of Madrigal in my head from the very first time I read about him. He totally spoilt my beautiful dream  :D because he did much more than tip his gun at Jack  :'(

Oh man, I really need to get a grip  ::)

It's all your fault Amy!  ;D

:-*

mvansand76

« Reply #266 on: October 22, 2006, 06:35:50 am »
Now you guys made me read the end of chapter 4 again... *sigh*

I found this sentence striking in retrospect:

Jack wanted to discover how that blond hair felt against his fingers, was curious to see if lust would ease the strict rein Ennis kept on his tongue.

Well the lust really did ease that, didn't it?

one_of_one

« Reply #267 on: October 22, 2006, 06:58:21 am »
I did a half-hearted google the other day looking for a suitable snake tattoo, but couldn't find one which fitted...the colours and shapes thing, plenty of snakes though!

What I have come across is a gay pic where one of the guys has a barbed wire tattoo on his arm (although it may be the wrong arm). I might try another manip since people were so kind about the first one.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #268 on: October 22, 2006, 07:03:49 am »
Well the lust really did ease that, didn't it?

:P :P

*gulp*

It sure did. And how. Sends the heartrate skyrocketing, just being reminded. "Painted skin".... Amy's got a unique way with words and images.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 07:10:54 am by Mikaela »

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #269 on: October 22, 2006, 07:14:05 am »
I might try another manip since people were so kind about the first one.

Oh, I wish you would H. That would be great 

I love all the artwork you've done for Shades  :)