Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599468 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #270 on: October 22, 2006, 09:27:28 am »
another manip? YES please!  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

midwest-girl

« Reply #271 on: October 22, 2006, 09:51:59 am »
Oh yeah, Helen, bring on the manips!  LOL.  And hi, Laurel!  *waves*

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #272 on: October 23, 2006, 12:07:15 pm »
So it's four full days since the latest update. Which means this is when I start checking and re-checking compulsively for the next one.  ::)  ::)

I think you've really spoiled me with the frequent updates, Amy.

midwest-girl

« Reply #273 on: October 23, 2006, 12:27:47 pm »
So it's four full days since the latest update. Which means this is when I start checking and re-checking compulsively for the next one.  ::)  ::)

I think you've really spoiled me with the frequent updates, Amy.

It might be a week in between this time, I hate to say.  Chapter Ten will be up by Thursday morning, for sure, but maybe not before that.  This weekend I had RL stuff eating away at my time and Chapter Ten has one section that I'm struggling with!  Sorry!!

one_of_one

« Reply #274 on: October 23, 2006, 01:33:59 pm »
I'm usually chomping at the bit by Tuesday...

I've got a real sense of peace and love from that last chapter.  Finally their minds were at rest when they made love and fell asleep together.  Things may get difficult for them in the future, but at least they've had this...something that transcended sex.  Nothing spoiled it in their minds, I don't think.

They deserved this...so much they are going to have to face later.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #275 on: October 23, 2006, 03:12:45 pm »
Things may get difficult for them in the future, but at least they've had this...

You're right! The longer the time till that next chapter, the longer the guys are allowed to experience their peaceful unmarred moment of artless, charmed happiness...... since that is where we left them.  :)

Thank you for letting us know your update plans, Amy. Looking forward to Thursday, you bet!

mvansand76

« Reply #276 on: October 23, 2006, 04:38:27 pm »
So, uhm... can you post it somewhat earlier, like the middle of the night for you, so that I can take it with me on the plane to England? Pretty please.... :-*

Joking, of course...

one_of_one

« Reply #277 on: October 23, 2006, 04:45:00 pm »
You know what I also loved...the way the two of them knew they had a decision to make.  And both of them chose the other.  No more pretending. No going back.  Both knowing it was something serious that was about to begin. Or not.

And I'm so glad Ennis was able to be honest with himself. Knowing that he would be deluding himself if he tried to justify it by saying it was something they could contain within the apartment then walk away from.

midwest-girl

« Reply #278 on: October 23, 2006, 04:54:06 pm »
But I'm not sure Ennis has truly accepted what it all means, at this point.  I think there's still a part of him that thinks they can walk away when its over.  Or a part of him that hopes that, even though deep down he knows that's not the case....

one_of_one

« Reply #279 on: October 23, 2006, 05:42:30 pm »
But I'm not sure Ennis has truly accepted what it all means, at this point.  I think there's still a part of him that thinks they can walk away when its over.  Or a part of him that hopes that, even though deep down he knows that's not the case....

When his inner voice was telling him that it was a one shot thing that he could walk away from, his own voice told him not to be stupid. I thought that he was admitting to himself then that it meant more than that, that he wouldn't be able just to leave.     :(