Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599308 times)

midwest-girl

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #280 on: October 23, 2006, 05:48:20 pm »
When his inner voice was telling him that it was a one shot thing that he could walk away from, his own voice told him not to be stupid. I thought that he was admitting to himself then that it meant more than that, that he wouldn't be able just to leave.     :(

No, it was his own voice telling him it was a one shot thing and his inner voice saying not to be stupid and he silenced the inner voice by opening the door......Ennis and his god damn voices!!!  ;)

one_of_one

« Reply #281 on: October 23, 2006, 06:12:18 pm »
No, it was his own voice telling him it was a one shot thing and his inner voice saying not to be stupid and he silenced the inner voice by opening the door......Ennis and his god damn voices!!!  ;)

LOL yes...and now you've introduced Jack's voices too! 

midwest-girl

« Reply #282 on: October 23, 2006, 06:21:01 pm »
LOL yes...and now you've introduced Jack's voices too! 

Oh, Jack's had voices from the beginning.  His just don't talk quite as much.   ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #283 on: October 24, 2006, 04:48:13 am »
Oh, Jack's had voices from the beginning.  His just don't talk quite as much.   ;)

I thought Jack's inner voices were pretty interesting too when they did speak up, he was thinking of how it would be to betray Ennis, but I think that would have been a way for him to be not as hurt if Ennis did not want to take a chance on him, I think that voice must be silenced now after this night. Ennis' inner voice however, seems very persistent. Do I make sense?

mvansand76

« Reply #284 on: October 24, 2006, 05:03:05 am »
Also, I think it will be interesting to read how Ennis will act when they wake up, because, as Jack was expecting, the lust did loosen that rein on his tongue, and he was almost using that cocky interrogation room voice that Jack also has but did not use. Is this the real Ennis? I am hopeful, because he did lie with him and hold Jack's hand, but still....

Do I still make sense? Well, it's early morning.... ;)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 05:05:14 am by mvansand76 »

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #285 on: October 24, 2006, 10:15:27 am »
Also, I think it will be interesting to read how Ennis will act when they wake up....

Well, I know this is not what you meant, but I know just exactly how I want him to act when they wake up......... :P :P  ;)  Not that it would bring the dramatic narrative onwards much, but there can never be enough of the way Amy writes J&E together, never enough.......

While waiting for the next update I went over to Amy's LJ and read all the reader comments to the last chapter. Kept grinning and nodding all the while, - sure agreed with all of the praise and the comments there. One little thing that I've been meaning to say and that I saw someone else mentioning too: When was there ever a character more aptly named than Madrigal? That name is just perfect. Chillingly poetic/sinister/creepy all at once. **shudders**

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #286 on: October 24, 2006, 10:19:09 am »
It might be a week in between this time, I hate to say.  Chapter Ten will be up by Thursday morning, for sure, but maybe not before that.  This weekend I had RL stuff eating away at my time and Chapter Ten has one section that I'm struggling with!  Sorry!!

As long as it's got my donkey in it I don't mind.  ;)

Maybe you can work it into the 'morning after' scene  ;D  ;D

Karen

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #287 on: October 24, 2006, 10:52:06 am »
Well, I know this is not what you meant, but I know just exactly how I want him to act when they wake up......... :P :P  ;)  Not that it would bring the dramatic narrative onwards much, but there can never be enough of the way Amy writes J&E together, never enough.......

Agreed!  ;D

While waiting for the next update I went over to Amy's LJ and read all the reader comments to the last chapter. Kept grinning and nodding all the while, - sure agreed with all of the praise and the comments there. One little thing that I've been meaning to say and that I saw someone else mentioning too: When was there ever a character more aptly named than Madrigal? That name is just perfect. Chillingly poetic/sinister/creepy all at once. **shudders**

I always do that too. I love reading all the other comments. Do it with a few of my favourite fics  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #288 on: October 24, 2006, 10:53:57 am »
As long as it's got my donkey in it I don't mind.  ;)

Maybe you can work it into the 'morning after' scene  ;D  ;D

Karen

:laugh:

midwest-girl

« Reply #289 on: October 24, 2006, 11:57:34 am »
You know, I  got the name Madrigal from an actual court case of a Colombian drug dealer.  I was searching through old court files when I started writing this story and that name just jumped out at me. I loved it!  It's soooo creepy and evil.   ;)