Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599512 times)

Offline Summor

• Don't Say Much
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #300 on: October 26, 2006, 11:19:26 am »
Hey, guys, Chapter Ten is up at  http://midwest-girl.livejournal.com/6480.html  Hope you like it!

Hey babe!  Hmmm...not sure when I can start quoting, because there are sooo many freakin incredible parts.  Hard decision...  Your story is completely in a league of its own...amazing.  I hope you can take it easy now *at least for one day*!!

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #301 on: October 26, 2006, 11:49:36 am »
SPOLIER

Oh my god that was fantastic!!!

Ennis has nailed his colours to the mast with the lies that he has told to protect Jack, and there is no going back.

The escape from Madrigal was so exciting and took me by surprise. Him lying in wait for them to show themselves rather than bursting in upon them. I loved that Jack took control of the escape and that Ennis trusted him enough to do so, despite all his years of FBI training. They totally compliment each other.

As for the motel scene, I had been dreaming for something like that. That total abandonment in being safe and alive and together.

Have to go and read it again!

Thank you so much.

Karen

one_of_one

« Reply #302 on: October 26, 2006, 11:51:13 am »
OMG!!  That was the most amazing chapter I've ever read in my life.  ithad absolutely EVERYTHING in it! 

And I'm a total wreck after reading it..

*THUNK*

midwest-girl

« Reply #303 on: October 26, 2006, 12:06:08 pm »
I'm glad you guys liked it!  Sorry, no stripping Helen, but you never know what might happen in 11!   ;)  P.S. I don't really have time to read any fics right now (*sob sob*) but I've been hearing the MOST amazing things about "This Is The Modern Way."  So when SoG is done, I'm on it! 

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #304 on: October 26, 2006, 03:56:01 pm »
Hey Amy!

I LOVED it, didn't expect anything else. But I'm so drained now, I've seriously got the biggest pounding headache ever, that chase was so nerve wracking and of course that sick fuck isn't dead, like Jack said. God, Jack was so totally cool.....and that fast and furious sex at the end.....with the blood....amazing, I really don't know what else to say right now.

Just brilliant.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #305 on: October 26, 2006, 04:50:45 pm »
oh my... I 'm going to read it right now!  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #306 on: October 26, 2006, 05:36:01 pm »
Hey Amy!

I LOVED it, didn't expect anything else. But I'm so drained now, I've seriously got the biggest pounding headache ever, that chase was so nerve wracking and of course that sick fuck isn't dead, like Jack said. God, Jack was so totally cool.....and that fast and furious sex at the end.....with the blood....amazing, I really don't know what else to say right now.

Just brilliant.

Oh my god, i'm right there with you. Jack was just amazing getting the two of them out of that situation that way. But I'm with Ennis, it's so sad to think of everything in his past that has forced him to be able to shut off fear like that.

This chapter was so great. That sex at the end... *thud*
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #307 on: October 26, 2006, 06:18:28 pm »
Yeah Mandy, I'm with you too, that's just so terribly sad  :(  This line really got to me, and all the other ones about his abuse; his father and all that stuff in prison - God, if I think about it too much I'll start crying  :'(:

Jack was no stranger to the metallic tang of terror; he knew how to be brave.

And wasn't it just soo sweet how determined Ennis was to protect Jack even more now. Lovely, just so lovely.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #308 on: October 26, 2006, 06:24:00 pm »
So, how long will they be safe in that motel room? I'm guessing not for long. I'm sure we haven't heard the last of Madrigal, like Jack said  :(

Where to now? WP??

Wish they could be all cosy again in the apartment  :(

midwest-girl

« Reply #309 on: October 26, 2006, 07:25:47 pm »

Wish they could be all cosy again in the apartment  :(

You guys have no idea how much I miss that apartment.  I almost cried when they had to leave!  It was always in the game plan that things would go this way...they couldn't stay there, they have to face their demons (internal and external) to move forward, but I hated to make them go.  Waaaah, I'm such a baby!   ;)