Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599641 times)

one_of_one

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #320 on: October 30, 2006, 12:43:48 pm »
Well, they'd already established that Jack was clean by that point.

What about when Jack sucked Ennis?   I know the risk was low, but if you don't know about the person then there is a risk somewhere.

I don't mean this to be pedantic, it just puzzles me that no one ever has any issues with cum swallowing.

And now I'm really wandering OT (but if those Dutch girls can do it, so can I! LOL).... there is always a feeling that condoms would be used for anal because of the risks, when I know that here in the UK at least plenty of men don't use condoms.  So it's not even realistic to always use a condom or to establish that both parties are "clean".  STDs of all kinds are getting to crazy levels here, so safe sex isn't always practiced.  If it was there wouldn't be increases in AIDs and HIV.

It's one of those things people seem to latch on to, as if fics should for some reason be promoting safe sex and not writing what really goes on. Or maybe people think that anal intercourse with a condom is what everyone does and that not to write that is unrealistic. 

Anyway, that is way OT for Shades.....a more pressing matter is this: where was the vaseline teasing that I was eagerly waiting for?  >:(   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 12:46:38 pm by one_of_one »

midwest-girl

« Reply #321 on: October 30, 2006, 02:45:22 pm »
LOL, I ended up cutting out the Vaseline teasing part, Helen.  It didn't fit with what I had done on Ten.  It might resurface in a later chapter.

I feel like it's always a struggle between safe sex and realistic sex.  I mean, people do stupid things all the time when it comes to sex, I sometimes feel like when we try to be too safe we dilute the honesty of what really happens.  But at the same time, I understand that need to promote safe sex.  That's why I liked IIA, never had to worry about any of that.  LOL.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #322 on: October 30, 2006, 05:51:31 pm »
Okay so now I am more confused.  If they had established Jack was clean, why use condoms at all?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

midwest-girl

« Reply #323 on: October 30, 2006, 05:54:44 pm »
Okay so now I am more confused.  If they had established Jack was clean, why use condoms at all?

They didn't establish he was clean until after the sex but before Ennis gave him the blow job.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #324 on: October 30, 2006, 05:59:08 pm »
Didn't they use condoms at the motel after the chase?  Wasn't that one of the few things Ennis said to make sure they took?  Am I misremembering?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #325 on: October 30, 2006, 06:40:03 pm »
Didn't they use condoms at the motel after the chase?  Wasn't that one of the few things Ennis said to make sure they took?  Am I misremembering?

They didn't use them after the chase. Ennis said to take them so that the FBI agents who had to clean the room wouldn't find them, but after the chase things went really quickly and were very emotional so no condoms were used. That's what I remember anyway...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

one_of_one

« Reply #326 on: October 30, 2006, 06:45:32 pm »
No.  They took the condoms so that the people coming to clear the apartment wouldn't find them.

Ennis felt that to not use condoms (even after they ascertained that Jack was clean) would "mean" something...that it would be some kind of commitment to Jack, one that he didn't feel he could make.

However at the motel they didn't use condoms because (I think) they were each so thankful that the other was alive....thus Ennis shows his commitment to Jack (for that moment in time....the voices will no doubt be reappearing!).  Also they were in one hell of a fucking hurry to fuck!!

BUT - I think that unless they had a closed top wastebin in the bedroom (and even then maybe) the cleaners will find used condoms, not to mention a bed which hasn't been slept in and one which has been slept in by two people.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 06:48:03 pm by one_of_one »

midwest-girl

« Reply #327 on: October 30, 2006, 08:23:21 pm »
You all are remembering correctly.  He was worried about the FBI people finding the condoms.  And no, they didn't use one at the motel.  No time for that!   ;)

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #328 on: October 30, 2006, 08:45:43 pm »
Condom use instruction

Rip

Roll

Remove

Refuse

DO NOT USE oil-based lubricants with a condom. This means no Vaseline, hand lotion, or baby oil, they can create holes in latex. Water based lubricants such as KY jelly are what you use. KY comes in a cheaper generic form at most drug stores.

(Sorry I couldn't resist this illustration. I can remove it if it offends/bothers anyone.  8) cc33 )

one_of_one

« Reply #329 on: October 30, 2006, 10:15:17 pm »
Oh that's hilarious!

LOl LOL LOL

But you see what I mean about the open topped waste bin?  They're gonna be found out for sure!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D