Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 608997 times)

midwest-girl

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #360 on: November 02, 2006, 02:38:30 pm »
Oh, I feel so bad now....I was depressed all week writing the chapter, if that makes you feel any better.  ;)

I can't really answer anything without giving away what's coming...

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #361 on: November 02, 2006, 03:00:56 pm »
Oh, I feel so bad now....I was depressed all week writing the chapter, if that makes you feel any better.  ;)

I can't really answer anything without giving away what's coming...

Awwww Amy, don't feel bad  :(  And no, that doesn't make me feel any better  :( Feeling depressed is just totally crap  :(

I just want them to be together and it's frustrating and saddening not knowing how and what. They love each other so much. And of course you can't answer any of my questions, I get that  :) I  think you are so amazing being able to write this brilliant fic that has so so many people completely captivated  :) OMG - your Jack and Ennis just rip my heart out.

mvansand76

« Reply #362 on: November 02, 2006, 04:19:34 pm »
I  think you are so amazing being able to write this brilliant fic that has so so many people completely captivated  :) OMG - your Jack and Ennis just rip my heart out.

I totally agree! Just like in IIA, your Jack and Ennis are such strong and vivid characters, they really do come alive through their interactions and the dialogue!

I was murmuring "no, no, no" at the end of the chapter, how Ennis was hoping he would find something out about Jack that would make it easier for him to leave him, god, that tore out my heart and shred it to pieces! I love how Ennis doesn't seem to be able to hold back his emotions with Jack and how they admitted to each other how jealous they were.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #363 on: November 02, 2006, 05:59:30 pm »
OMG - I just had this wild and terrible thought after reading the update again and reading this line:

Jack’s soul-deep love for another human being the last remaining trump card Hinestroza didn’t hold.

But what if Madrigal grabs Ennis?? He's seen him, knows what he looks like, omg and by doing this forcing Jack out of hiding.....I don't know how word would get to Jack if he's in WP and this probably wont happen cause I totally suck at speculating but I got so frightened all of a sudden  :( I hope this wont happen because it's so OTT but I'm just scared  :(

midwest-girl

« Reply #364 on: November 02, 2006, 06:02:15 pm »
June, what's OTT?

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #365 on: November 02, 2006, 06:03:24 pm »

midwest-girl

« Reply #366 on: November 02, 2006, 06:55:14 pm »
Duh....I'm having a slow brain day!  :D

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #367 on: November 02, 2006, 06:59:19 pm »
OMG - I just had this wild and terrible thought after reading the update again and reading this line:

Jack’s soul-deep love for another human being the last remaining trump card Hinestroza didn’t hold.

But what if Madrigal grabs Ennis?? He's seen him, knows what he looks like, omg and by doing this forcing Jack out of hiding.....I don't know how word would get to Jack if he's in WP and this probably wont happen cause I totally suck at speculating but I got so frightened all of a sudden  :( I hope this wont happen because it's so OTT but I'm just scared  :(

oh man June thats exactly what I thought when i read that line and I was seriously distressed through the whole chapter thinking that Madrigal was going to barge in on them or something... or when Ennis was waiting outside for Colin I though for sure Madrigal would get him. God, that's what I've been nervous about through this whole story is that what if Madrigal or Hinestroza finds out what Ennis means to Jack or finds them while they are in bed together... the thought that he would use Jack's love for Ennis... ok, I'm babbling like an idiot now. This chapter killed me, I love it!

how Ennis was hoping he would find something out about Jack that would make it easier for him to leave him, god, that tore out my heart and shred it to pieces

Right there with you... there was so much sweet in this chapter, but so much sad too.  :'(
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #368 on: November 02, 2006, 07:23:21 pm »
Duh....I'm having a slow brain day!  :D

Heh heh ~ who can blame you after writing *that* chapter!!  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #369 on: November 02, 2006, 07:25:58 pm »
oh man June thats exactly what I thought when i read that line and I was seriously distressed through the whole chapter thinking that Madrigal was going to barge in on them or something... or when Ennis was waiting outside for Colin I though for sure Madrigal would get him. God, that's what I've been nervous about through this whole story is that what if Madrigal or Hinestroza finds out what Ennis means to Jack or finds them while they are in bed together... the thought that he would use Jack's love for Ennis... ok, I'm babbling like an idiot now. This chapter killed me, I love it!

OH God Mandy, I hope all of this is totally crazy because now I'm really scared  :(