Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599074 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 01:43:47 pm »
Hey, June.  BW is just fine.  I've been keeping him warm for ya!  ;)
Oooooh, you have?? Well! I'm quite speechless! You're willing to share now??  ;D

midwest-girl

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 06:02:53 pm »
Just wanted to let you all know Chapter Seven is up at http://midwest-girl.livejournal.com   Thanks!   :)

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 06:47:51 pm »
OH Mandy, I think I loooove you! LOL!  ;D

This one is soooooooooooooooooo gorgeous too!!! *nearly faints*

And thanks for putting the other ones up again. I know he looks young in them but he looks so utterly adorable....*SIGH* I got the black and white one as an avatar  ;D

LOL and I love you too! I saw this one and almost passed out... YUM!  ::)

I think I might have to use one of those as an avatar too...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2006, 07:09:56 pm »
Very nice chapter, MG... the reserve they both pulled back to, keeping the focus on Ennis's need to stay on task, and the struggle inside him... deliberate and carefully built, and the tenderness they feel for each other in their own private struggles as they pretend they are not falling in love.  A real joy to read.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2006, 09:12:38 am »
LOL and I love you too! I saw this one and almost passed out... YUM!  ::)

I think I might have to use one of those as an avatar too...
Saw the avatar Mandy! It's gorgeous....*SIGH*  ;D

OH, didn't you just LOVE the last chapter? I loved how sweet Ennis was during Jack's nightmare, loved how all he wanted to do was go home to Jack, loved how the thought of Dante (??) made him feel phsyically ill, loved how Jack touched Ennis's bruised knuckles, hated the image of Jack in prison :( and I'm dying for Ennis to make that first move!

I do wonder how they'll end up together....Maybe they'll 'stage' both their deaths and that way be able to go off and have a life together? Because if they go into a witness protection programme together I think they'll never be free of Hinestroza and his mugs, even though they might get busted because of Jack's information. Guys like that just don't forget and won't give up, even though it might take them years to find Jack and Ennis. And even if Hinestroza is in jail, guys like that always manage to continue to run their operation from jail. But if Jack and Ennis's death is real and believeble they just might have a good shot at a happy life together. That's what I'm hoping for, hope they go off to some remote part of Canada together....I'd love that  :) That will probably never happen though....just wishful thinking on my part  :)
Hell, I suck at speculating anyway! So none of this will probably happen  :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 11:38:19 am by Bigheart »

midwest-girl

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2006, 09:40:23 am »
I'm so glad you liked the chapter, June.  You know, this chapter I've gotten a lot of comments on my LJ with people doubting that SoG Jack and Ennis can find a happy ending and predicting the story is going to end badly.  Oh man!  It's starting to freak me out!  I'm still sticking by my comment that I love J/E and want only the best for them.  It's not going to be easy, but I think they can get there!

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2006, 09:42:54 am »
Hi - thought I would lob here to say how much I am enjoying Shades of Grey. It intrigues me how these two personalities shine through in a different life setting. That aura that surrounded them in BBM just powers along with them!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 09:44:32 am by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

mvansand76

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2006, 09:49:05 am »
_____________________-SPOILER-______________________________________

This was such a great chapter, my god, the dialogue is so real:

“What can we talk about after that?” Ennis asked, his own voice rough and strained. “The weather? Football? What to have for breakfast?”

Jack smiled. “All right. Maybe we don’t need to talk tonight. Let’s just drink.” He passed the bottle to Ennis, his eye snagged by the blood smeared across Ennis’s fingers.

“Christ, Ennis, what happened to your hand?” Jack sat forward, trying to get a better look in the weak, milky white moonlight. He reached out, his finger passing gently over Ennis’s bruised and swollen knuckles. He wished things between them were different, so he could hold Ennis’s hand, use his mouth to kiss away the pain.

Ennis didn’t answer, just tipped his head back and slugged down a throat full of whiskey. Jack could see the tell-tale scratches on Ennis’s knuckles, knew you didn’t get abrasions like that from hitting a person. Ennis’s fist had gotten up close and personal with something hard and inanimate, Ennis looking to hurt himself, not someone else.

Jack slouched back in his seat with a sigh. “Are we ever going to talk about what happened the other night?” he asked quietly. “Or are we going to keep talking around that kiss?”

I love what you're doing with this story!

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2006, 10:10:29 am »
OH, didn't you just LOVE the last chapter?

Yes!! A huge yes, it was great. I had fogotten the Dante moment... it's so real the way Ennis has all of these feelings about Jack's place in his life but still won't admit what those feelings mean.

Spoiler...

I can't remember the exact quote, but It was something like "Jack's life was Ennis' domain..." so so perfect!

I'm so glad you liked the chapter, June.  You know, this chapter I've gotten a lot of comments on my LJ with people doubting that SoG Jack and Ennis can find a happy ending and predicting the story is going to end badly.  Oh man!  It's starting to freak me out!  I'm still sticking by my comment that I love J/E and want only the best for them.  It's not going to be easy, but I think they can get there!

Don't worry Amy! I know you can do it! But I'll tell you what, you could do anything you want with this story. I'm hooked. Of course I want a perfect, happy ending, and I'm sure you can do it, but if you give me something else with this one, I don't think I'd complain!  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2006, 10:11:46 am »
I know how much you love Jack and Ennis and I don't doubt for a second that it will have a good ending! What do you think of my theory?? Does it make any sense?? Is it even close to what might happen??  ;D