Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599288 times)

midwest-girl

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2006, 04:51:27 pm »
Amy! What does that mean?? That I'm waaaaaaay off base here?  ???

All I'm going to say is that they are not going to be faking their deaths.  Now I'm shutting up before you get me to reveal the whole damn story!

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2006, 05:05:10 pm »
All I'm going to say is that they are not going to be faking their deaths.  Now I'm shutting up before you get me to reveal the whole damn story!
*grin*
Okay, there goes my theory! LOL I SO suck at speculating!  ::)  Hmmmm, I really do wonder how they'll get away from Hinestroza and his mob now.....I'll just have to patiently wait and see. Aaargh! I wanna know!  :D

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2006, 06:46:05 pm »
Really good and riveting stories  will   have you speculating, won't they?  :)

(My speculations have gone in somewhat another direction: I'm figuring the whole tragic Ortiz story and Jack's role in it (and what happened with him nearly bleeding to death back then) will soon come out, based on Ennis's not letting that lead go but continuing to follow up and digging for more. The painful emotions surrounding that revelation will lead to further J&E intimacy and closeness and the story finally earning its NC-17 rating..... Then of course Hinestroza/Madrigal&co.  haven't been idle. They find our heros by means of tracking Ennis (Lureen pointed them in his direction, perhaps?) and some really bigtime angsty events follow for J&E during which they realize their love for one another is real and true and not going away..... and where it's eventually the bad guys who end up dead. Which makes the whole investigation redundant and which ends the threat to Jack's life too - and makes that happy ending possible. )

::) at self.

No, I'm certainly not looking to have anything of this confirmed or denied. Usually my guesses are way off base and entirely wide of the mark and I'm certain that's so, this time around as well.

I must say though that SoG has really brought out the "ambivalent me":  ;)

- I'd like to read the entire story now, right away, all at once - and I'd like for it to go on and on and ON....
- I'm anxious for J&Eto hurry up and develop their relationship further into NC-17dom, - but all the tension and slow, sloooow buildup is so well written, it just has be be savoured and experienced in its own right, at length....
- I usually really don't appreciate AUAUs where the protagonists might just as well have been called Bill and Joe - but I love Jack and Ennis being none others than Jack and Ennis in this one...

All this just another way of saying: I'm very much looking forward to more, Amy!  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2006, 07:22:38 pm »
I enjoyed reading your comment  :)

I definitely agree that the whole Ortiz story will bring them closer together, which of course everybody is looking forward to  ;) although I really do love this slow build-up to it.
But don't you think all of them ending up dead like that is a bit too easy? I mean, in a mob family like that, it's usually not one, two or three guys and they never forget betrayal. But I'm probably getting carried away and reading way too much into everything, as usual  ::)

And, YES! I don't want SOG to ever stop either.......

:)

Oh, I just found out it's not a mob/mafia family but a Columbian drugkartel. I completely forgot about that  ::) But I do think that payback from a drugkartel can be just as dangerous as from a mafia family......I'm thinking of 'Scarface'  But maybe I should just quit thinking so much!! LOL  ::)  ;D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 08:12:49 pm by Bigheart »

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2006, 07:55:03 pm »
I'd like to read the entire story now, right away, all at once - and I'd like for it to go on and on and ON....

You and me both!!!

And I agree, June, that's too easy for them to end up all dead... but I don't have any theories that are better, I've been so caught up in the story I haven't even thought about it. I do keep speculating about Jack's past though, I find it endlessly intriguing!

The expression on Jake's face here reminds me of Jack and his cocky look in SOG

Yeah me too! That's why I picked that one  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

mvansand76

« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2006, 06:43:02 am »
Oooh no, I don't want to speculate, it's just nice to know that there is going to be a happy ending, one way or another!!! ;)

Offline katecaton

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2006, 07:17:54 am »
The expression on Jake's face here reminds me of Jack and his cocky look in SOG, and I think it is my preferred picture so far.   (sans chien)

With the hot panty-melting motorbike one a close second...

Why is Ennis even trying to resist?   ???  Foolish man.   ::)
Panty-melting motorbike one? I'm sorry but you have to post it!!!! :o

mvansand76

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2006, 07:27:45 am »
Panty-melting motorbike one? I'm sorry but you have to post it!!!! :o

Page 2 of this very fine thread...

Offline frannie

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2006, 08:03:40 am »

"Panty-melting motorbike one"

;D

I can imagine SOG!Ennis ripping off Jack's top and homing in for a long passionate kiss before getting rid of the pants and....

...well, you get the picture.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 08:05:34 am by frannie »

Offline katecaton

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2006, 08:33:36 am »
Whew, that one's gone in my photo collection :o
Thanks ladies!