Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599675 times)

midwest-girl

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2006, 12:30:43 pm »
It's good for an author's soul, don't you think, Amy?

L

Oh god, I guess.  But I probably shouldn't even come on here and read the speculation....

one_of_one

« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2006, 12:33:09 pm »
Do you all have any idea how much you're killing me with this speculation?!?!   :o

You deserve it!!  LOL

Do you know how much you're killing US with the UST?!!!

I seriously thought I was going to pass out last night thinking about it.  I'd got as far as Ennis telling Jack, he knew about ortiz, which is the crossing point for him between his duty towards his work and his feelings for jack.  They talk about it and Ennis starts to be really tender with jack.  He touches jack's face, then kisses him.  Then it gets a little hot and steamy and he takes off Jack's jumper.  They are still kissing (kissing is HAWT!)....

...and then I felt really dizzy, so had to stop and open a window.

I need paramedics and a water trough on standby for SOG...

Hx

one_of_one

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2006, 12:34:24 pm »
Welcome back, Helen! We've missed you!

Leslie

Thanks leslie - I have tried to stay away, but SOG just has me bigtime, and I couldn't resist!

midwest-girl

« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2006, 12:41:59 pm »
You deserve it!!  LOL

Do you know how much you're killing US with the UST?!!!

I seriously thought I was going to pass out last night thinking about it.  I'd got as far as Ennis telling Jack, he knew about ortiz, which is the crossing point for him between his duty towards his work and his feelings for jack.  They talk about it and Ennis starts to be really tender with jack.  He touches jack's face, then kisses him.  Then it gets a little hot and steamy and he takes off Jack's jumper.  They are still kissing (kissing is HAWT!)....

...and then I felt really dizzy, so had to stop and open a window.

I need paramedics and a water trough on standby for SOG...

Hx

SEE?!?!  This is what I mean about the speculation killing me.   God...the pressure!  LOL. But seriously, I get all freaked out b/c what if what I have planned isn't anything like that?  Or what if it's exactly like that?  Either way...Guh...I'm so screwed....

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2006, 12:55:20 pm »
SEE?!?!  This is what I mean about the speculation killing me.   God...the pressure!  LOL. But seriously, I get all freaked out b/c what if what I have planned isn't anything like that?  Or what if it's exactly like that?  Either way...Guh...I'm so screwed....
Haha Amy! NO! you're not screwed, LOL

Whatever you come up with will be brilliant. Look how all of us were anticipating that first kiss, and how TOTALLY HOT was that?!!!
 :-*

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2006, 01:30:48 pm »
Ahhh June…. You’re too kind.

Well, I kind of have this fantasy storyline running through my mind which involves the location of Jack and Ennis being discovered. They have to go on the run, relying on both Ennis’s FBI training and Jack street awareness to keep them alive.

Seeing as Ennis has been protecting Jack so far, Jack will have an opportunity to save Ennis’s life (when it would be easier for Jack to desert him). Also have in my head a kind of Terminator style motel scene – you know, stolen love on the run, when they finally get their hands on each other (won’t go into detail on that one  ;)).

Have no clue how it will end though.

Of course, thse are just the meanderings of my fevered mind. I have no doubt that Midwest-Girl will entertain us with something far superior.

Karen

First of all - details are always good, Karen  :P

Yep, the going on the run part sounds good to me and Jack saving Ennis's life *SIGH* that sounds like Heaven to me.....

Is it nearly Sunday yet?? Or maybe Amy will update on Thursday?? *crosses fingers*

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2006, 01:38:05 pm »

As for ortiz, my current guess (LOL) is that Jack suggests ortiz to Hinestroza, and he is recruited.  But he doesn't turn out to be the best and has to be got rid of.  Of course, there's only one way.  And this is the "ringside seat" Jack talks about in a previous chapter.  He has to watch as Madrigal tortures and kills Ortiz.    He tries to save him, hence the wound to his thigh.  And of course blames himself for the whole thing.

That's my 2p!

Helen :)
I could go along with this H - I believe Madrigal has done something really really awful so that kind of makes sense he would make Jack watch while he tortured and killed Ortiz.

one_of_one

« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2006, 01:38:30 pm »

I so remember Jenna going through the same with the speculation surrounding SN!  LOL

For me, this is the way it works.  I just try and second guess what's going to happen, but I'm in no way disappointed or sad when it doesn't happen the way i have thought.  If it does (which it never has so far, so peeps don't look to me for inspiration here!  LOL  ;D) then yee-haw.  If it doesn't, like my first spec about Ortiz on your journal, Amy, I just dismiss what I got wrong and try again.

I know it'll be good - I know it'll be great. It's just great fun for me to try and think up plausible scenarios.  I don't care if they're wrong.  I just enjoy the spec and the fun and the laughs surrounding it.

Which is why I've had to rejoin BM and join in with everyone!  LOL

So, from my POV, you have no reason to worry if things are way off the mark.  It's just a bit of a laugh :)

H xx

(If I get something right, OTHO, then I think we all have cause for worry!! :D )
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 01:42:27 pm by one_of_one »

one_of_one

« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2006, 01:50:13 pm »
Amy - Something that is intriguing me - why do you use the British spelling of 'grey' and not the American?

:)

Hx

midwest-girl

« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2006, 02:26:06 pm »
Amy - Something that is intriguing me - why do you use the British spelling of 'grey' and not the American?

:)

Hx

You're not the first person to ask me that, Helen. And there's no really exciting answer.  I just like it better spelled with an "e."   :)