Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599135 times)

one_of_one

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2006, 02:27:34 pm »
You're not the first person to ask me that, Helen. And there's no really exciting answer.  I just like it better spelled with an "e."   :)

Well, it is the proper way, of course....

:P ;D

LOL

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2006, 03:10:38 pm »
Amy - is there a pic around for the SOG Ennis?

midwest-girl

« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2006, 03:39:27 pm »
Amy - is there a pic around for the SOG Ennis?

No.  I found one where I liked his face, but there's no body to go with it.  Let me see if I can find it again...

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2006, 03:41:43 pm »
SEE?!?!  This is what I mean about the speculation killing me.   God...the pressure!  LOL. But seriously, I get all freaked out b/c what if what I have planned isn't anything like that?  Or what if it's exactly like that?  Either way...Guh...I'm so screwed....

You're so not screwed! Just the opposite.   :) You're just giving us a double gift: This great fic (which of course should remain all your own till the end no matter what us readers may be demanding/hoping/speculating/begging/wishing/dreaming for to happen.......) and in addition the opportunity and inspiration to flex our own imaginations through speculating and guessing at the upcoming events.   :)

I'll go with the flow of what the fic may bring, whether it's close to what I've speculated or not anything like it at all. Your writing style and your Jack/Ennis characterization (and your incredibly erotic sex scenes) all ensure that. The only thing I'm a tad bit worried about is if the Ortiz death story is too sadistic and crual - I've got an uncommonly low threshold for freaking out over such descriptions and (even worse) images.... That's the reason why I've seen very few mob movies and can't relate SoG to very many previous stories in this genre.

I've got the feeling that no matter what, there *has* to be a showdown between Jack and Ennis and the FBI on the one side and the Hinestroza crowd/Madrigal on the other. Anything else would be pretty anticlimactic. And when that happens, I'm speculating that whatever happened to Ortiz, this time around Jack will have the opportunity to redeem himself in his own eyes - by not going along with whatever his involvement in the Ortiz story was..... just this time around, Ennis will be "Ortiz". If I happen to be right in this  -  oh, the angst!  :o

I suppose everyone here is right, though, that a couple of dead bad guys will not mean J&E can live happily ever after out in the clear light of day as if nothing happened. They'd still be fair game for whoever takes up Hinestroza's heritage. So.....if the two of them have to live undercover, what say they end up as ranchhands in Wyoming?  ;D Poetic justice in a way.

Time will show. Good luck with your writing, Amy! I'lll be waiting more or less patiently, speculating a lot more and cheering you on all the way!  :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 03:43:56 pm by Mikaela »

midwest-girl

« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2006, 03:42:47 pm »
 I like this pic for Ennis's face, but can't find a good picture of him in an FBI suit.

one_of_one

« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2006, 03:52:48 pm »
Phoar!

I like that Ennis.  My god, Jack must have nerves of steel to keep his distance until Ennis is ready. 

I think I'll put my defribulator order in now...

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2006, 03:57:41 pm »
I like this pic for Ennis's face, but can't find a good picture of him in an FBI suit.

Heh heh I dont think you'll ever find a pic of him in an FBI suit! You mean just a regular 'work' suit? That's gonna be tough!  :D

I LOVE this pic, this is exactly how I imagine SOG's Ennis to be. He looks totally gorgeous in this pic, love his hair, the expression on his face, the lovely brown eyes, the black shirt. Just everything.

Thanks Amy  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2006, 04:00:42 pm »
Phoar!

I like that Ennis.  My god, Jack must have nerves of steel to keep his distance until Ennis is ready. 

I think I'll put my defribulator order in now...

LOL!

Haven't seen those smilies of yours for a loooong time H!

;D

one_of_one

« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2006, 04:04:39 pm »
Haven't seen those smilies of yours for a loooong time H!

Won't be long till I get to use the...um...more interesting ones.... 

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2006, 04:46:00 pm »
Won't be long till I get to use the...um...more interesting ones.... 
Heh heh

;D