Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599245 times)

one_of_one

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2006, 02:51:40 pm »
Maybe Dane isnt gay...

I can't remember if Amy has said anything about which way he swings.

midwest-girl

« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2006, 03:11:35 pm »
Maybe Dane isnt gay...

I can't remember if Amy has said anything about which way he swings.

I haven't.  But all will be revealed....

one_of_one

« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2006, 03:42:38 pm »
I haven't.  But all will be revealed....

That would be hilariously, yet cruelly,  ironic if he was straight.  *sigh*  Poor Ennis :(

You know what I'm really concerned about is Jack's reaction when he finds out Ennis called in to his colleagues/bosses about Ortiz.  Those were quite intimate moments during and after Jack's nightmare, and I think he's going to feel somewhat betrayed to find out that Ennis made that call.

I'm really interested in the time when Ennis has another choice to make between allegiance to Jack and responsibilty towards his job - and chooses Jack.

So many layers to this story, Amy...you're amazing  :-*

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2006, 07:14:32 pm »
That would be hilariously, yet cruelly,  ironic if he was straight.  *sigh*  Poor Ennis :(

You know what I'm really concerned about is Jack's reaction when he finds out Ennis called in to his colleagues/bosses about Ortiz.  Those were quite intimate moments during and after Jack's nightmare, and I think he's going to feel somewhat betrayed to find out that Ennis made that call.

I'm really interested in the time when Ennis has another choice to make between allegiance to Jack and responsibilty towards his job - and chooses Jack.

So many layers to this story, Amy...you're amazing  :-*

Oh I know! That's one of the things that worried me most after the last chapter... Ennis was so sweet comforting Jack that way and that was such an intimate moment... I know Ennis is just doing his job but for him to use that, man, Jack will not be happy. I don't blame Jack at all for not wanting to tell Ennis what happened (even though I seriously cannot wait to find out!!!)

That Dane is perfect! He looks a bit like Christian Bale in that pic...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

one_of_one

« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2006, 08:06:16 pm »
It doesn't help that I can understand why he did it, so am not even annoyed with him about it.  Being so tender with Jack then was much more than friendship or sex...and I think he knew that on some level.

And even though he is nearer accepting his liking of and sexual attraction to Jack...I think he's a way off accepting that he's falling in love.

midwest-girl

« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2006, 08:58:42 pm »
You know what's fun about writing this Ennis?  He is in denial about his sexuality and his feeling, but not as deeply in denial as canon Ennis.  He can't be because he's made his career out of finding out the truth, he can't turn that off, so he has a much harder time lying to himself.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2006, 10:19:08 pm »
You know what's fun about writing this Ennis?  He is in denial about his sexuality and his feeling, but not as deeply in denial as canon Ennis.  He can't be because he's made his career out of finding out the truth, he can't turn that off, so he has a much harder time lying to himself.

You know, that makes a whole lot of sense, and I've never thought of it that way. huh, something to think about...  :)

One of the things that I thought that was so beautiful about the scene where he comforts Jack after his nightmare, was that he does it with no second thought, almost no thought at all actually, as if it was perfectly right and was the only thing he could do. Comforting Jack like that came so naturally to him and like you said, he's made a life out of finding the truth, and he can't deny that to himself.

‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2006, 01:48:27 am »
Oh wow Amy, thanks for pointing that out, makes a whole lot of sense to me too.

*Squeeee* it's nearly Friday!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2006, 01:58:13 am »
Amy - there are some folks really worried when/if Cathalin is going to update Dreaming. Do you know anything about that? You know her don't you?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2006, 07:05:10 am »
I think it is great to  have more author discussion here, particularly since this story is one of a few I follow closely.  My favorite selection of AU roles for Ennis is Law Enforcement Ennis... I think I could read that type of story all day long!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”