Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599292 times)

midwest-girl

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2006, 11:03:29 am »
Chapter Eight is up at http://midwest-girl.livejournal.com  Enjoy!   ;)

one_of_one

« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2006, 03:02:28 pm »
I was right - I needed paramedic assistance.

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2006, 03:45:15 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Squeeee!!!!!!!!!  :D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2006, 04:10:38 pm »
I was right - I needed paramedic assistance.

I know.......

The making out was truly wonderful, soo hot but oh so loving and special too. Like they were made for each other. I love both of them, they are perfect.
And the last lines, that ending. Oh Jesus, so soft and gentle......wow

Every thing about this chapter was perfection, the interview with Dane, the scene in the kitchen, the walk outside, just everything.

Amy, you truly are a goddess. I left you a looong comment on your journal, but I think you already know that  ;D

:-*

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2006, 04:20:01 pm »
I also loved how insanely jealous Ennis was of Dane. My God, he nearly lost it in that interview room. I did get the feeling Dane really cares about Jack.

Ohhh, I LOVE this fic so much *SIGH*

one_of_one

« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2006, 04:43:22 pm »
That scene with the poor guy and his dog was hilarious.  The way Henry (the dog) was running round his owner's ankles, and at the end not wanting to leave!  LOL  I had a laugh out loud moment there.  A bit like Jack.

Ennis saying "What the fuck are you doing, Jack?"  Yeah, quite!  And jack, knowing he's just made a big boo-boo, wondering just what the fuck he's doing too.

Do you think there was a bit of showing off involved there, too?  Wanting to show Ennis that he could do the protecting thing as well?  I was about to say it wasn't succesful (well, in that regard anyway) but since it led to my computer screen almost melting maybe it was!

Both of them are jealous as hell!!  Ennis totally compromising himself with Dane, and Jack jumping to conclusions about where Ennis was.  It eating away at both of them.

I am almost dreading thinking where this is going to lead in the short term.  Especially vis a vis the ortiz thing.  Maybe Jack will tell Ennis abut it, and Ennis will be let off the hook as to how he found out.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2006, 05:16:49 pm »
That scene with the poor guy and his dog was hilarious.  The way Henry (the dog) was running round his owner's ankles, and at the end not wanting to leave!  LOL  I had a laugh out loud moment there.  A bit like Jack.

Ennis saying "What the fuck are you doing, Jack?"  Yeah, quite!  And jack, knowing he's just made a big boo-boo, wondering just what the fuck he's doing too.

Do you think there was a bit of showing off involved there, too?  Wanting to show Ennis that he could do the protecting thing as well?  I was about to say it wasn't succesful (well, in that regard anyway) but since it led to my computer screen almost melting maybe it was!

Both of them are jealous as hell!!  Ennis totally compromising himself with Dane, and Jack jumping to conclusions about where Ennis was.  It eating away at both of them.

I am almost dreading thinking where this is going to lead in the short term.  Especially vis a vis the ortiz thing.  Maybe Jack will tell Ennis abut it, and Ennis will be let off the hook as to how he found out.

I don't think Jack was showing off, I think he was genuinely afraid somebody was sneaking up on them, especially now that he has gone into hiding and they are out to get him.

I hope to God Ennis will level with Jack about Ortiz. I really get the feeling Ortiz was special to Jack and he is going to feel so betrayed if/when he finds out what Ennis has done  :(

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2006, 07:50:09 pm »
I don't think Jack was showing off, I think he was genuinely afraid somebody was sneaking up on them, especially now that he has gone into hiding and they are out to get him.

I hope to God Ennis will level with Jack about Ortiz. I really get the feeling Ortiz was special to Jack and he is going to feel so betrayed if/when he finds out what Ennis has done  :(

Agreed, I think Jack was terrified when he heard the footsteps behind him. I know I was, the second he wanted to take a walk I thought "bad idea" and I don't know about you guys but I'm really worried about the guy with the dog and his "somebody is going to hear about this". I know he doesn't know who Jack is and who Hinestroza is, but like Ennis says in another chapter, Hinestroza "makes a career of finding loose ends" and that's exactly what the guy with the dog just became. Maybe I'm making too much of it  :-\ Either way, I think Jack was terrified and just reacted on instinct. I thought that scene was so realistic, right down to Jack wanting to burst out laughing.

I LOVED this chapter!!!  :D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

midwest-girl

« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2006, 11:32:23 pm »
I'm glad you guys liked the chapter!  Hey, June, I just found out that picture of Dane IS Christian Bale.  Good eyes, girl!  ;)

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2006, 11:40:09 pm »
I'm glad you guys liked the chapter!  Hey, June, I just found out that picture of Dane IS Christian Bale.  Good eyes, girl!  ;)

Hey, that was me!  ;)

Christian Bale is one of my favorites, I'll watch him in anything and he's the perfect Dane! Ok, can someone please make your story into a movie?????