Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599107 times)

midwest-girl

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2006, 11:43:30 pm »
Oh, sorry!!  I didn't go back and check, I just went by my (obviously rusty) memory.  Okay, you've got good eyes!   ;)  Believe me, I'd LOVE it if someone made it into a movie.  LOL

mvansand76

« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2006, 03:59:46 am »
Phhhhhhhheeeeeeeeewwwwww.....

That was one hell of a chapter, Amy!

I loved this line:

“You think I’m so stupid I can’t tell what you’ve been doing? Think I can’t fucking smell her all over you?” Jack shouted.

Genius!!!

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2006, 04:51:34 am »
I'm glad you guys liked the chapter!  Hey, June, I just found out that picture of Dane IS Christian Bale.  Good eyes, girl!  ;)

Yep! That was Mandy! Can't take no credit for it!  ;D  He's Hot......perfect for Dane. Loved that scene with Dane and Ennis, loved how calm and relaxed Dane was, irritating the hell of out Ennis!! Great stuff.

Oh and a Shades movie? Oh man! I'd LOVE it too.

one_of_one

« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2006, 06:07:26 am »
I need to go to Amy's journal and follow up with a coherent comment!

Amy - you are a bad girl!  I was just about to go and do the grocery shopping when you posted, and I couldn't wait, so read Shades before I went.

OH GOD!

There I was in amongst the vegetables with a glassy look in my eyes and drool dribbling down my chin. *shivers*  When this thing gets a hold a me.....

hxxx

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2006, 06:35:02 am »

There I was in amongst the vegetables with a glassy look in my eyes and drool dribbling down my chin. *shivers*  When this thing gets a hold a me.....

hxxx

I know!! I had to go shopping yesterday I kept getting flashbacks to that chapter. Came home without half the stuff I intended  ;D

Amy, it was pitched just perfectly!

I am loving this fic! I just hope that Ennis in this story doesn't think that he's got to 'do the right thing' by Alma, because down that road lies a whole heap of grief.

Karen

midwest-girl

« Reply #165 on: October 16, 2006, 08:28:32 pm »
Hey, Helen, I just saw your comment on my LJ.  You're right about poor Ennis and his internal voice.  He can't escape from it, can he?  When he tries to hide from his feelings for Jack it searches him out.  And when he tries to hide from the implications of acting on those feelings it searches him out.  I don't think Ennis is going to have much peace until he comes to terms with himself and what he really wants and needs.  I just had to comment because I was struck by what you said about how sad it was he couldn't even enjoy that time lying next to Jack. 

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #166 on: October 16, 2006, 10:17:14 pm »
I just had to comment because I was struck by what you said about how sad it was he couldn't even enjoy that time lying next to Jack. 

Reading that just made me really sad for Ennis. That last chapter was just so wonderful, Amy! I think I'm going to have to re read it tonight...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

midwest-girl

« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2006, 10:28:52 pm »
Oh, thanks.  I'm so glad you liked it.  I'm working on 9 now.  Hope to have it posted on Thursday, but I'll give you guys a heads up in a few days!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2006, 07:35:22 am »
Oh, thanks.  I'm so glad you liked it.  I'm working on 9 now.  Hope to have it posted on Thursday, but I'll give you guys a heads up in a few days!

Thursday?? SQUEEEEEE!

:-*

mvansand76

« Reply #169 on: October 17, 2006, 07:37:30 am »
I just had to comment because I was struck by what you said about how sad it was he couldn't even enjoy that time lying next to Jack. 

That really did struck me too at the end, he really needs to learn work more with that mute button!  :(