Author Topic: The Adam Lambert thread  (Read 14950 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Adam Lambert thread
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 09:55:50 pm »

Yes he fronted the band at the EMAs.  It was super.  They were getting loads of phone calls, after.  Asking them to do it again, according to Brian May.  They have since signed up to do two more gigs together.  Knebworth, the last concert appearance of Freddie Mercury was at Knebworth.  They are also going to do an appearance in Moscow Russia together.

I would love to go to the Knebworth concert.  The is NO WAY.   :'(  Therefor I hope it is recorded, and either put on youtube, or they make a CD. 
   Queen is absolutely great in concert.  I have one on my blog.  Wimbley Stadium..  I love it...  Freddie was at the prime of his talent on that one.

Beautiful mind

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 04:26:02 pm »

Yes he fronted the band at the EMAs.  It was super.  They were getting loads of phone calls, after.  Asking them to do it again, according to Brian May.  They have since signed up to do two more gigs together.  Knebworth, the last concert appearance of Freddie Mercury was at Knebworth.  They are also going to do an appearance in Moscow Russia together.

I would love to go to the Knebworth concert.  The is NO WAY.   :'(  Therefor I hope it is recorded, and either put on youtube, or they make a CD. 
   Queen is absolutely great in concert.  I have one on my blog.  Wimbley Stadium..  I love it...  Freddie was at the prime of his talent on that one.

:)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 02:09:25 am »
   Well the meet and greet, and the short concert was as good as I could have ever hoped.  Tommy was his guitarist, and
he sang three songs.  His new one, Better than I know myself, Then he did an audience poll in order to see which song that was the most popular from the new album.  Cookoo, or Trespassing.  It was a basic tie, so he sang  WDYWFM, as an alternative.   What do you want from me, and can if you believe it, a Katy Perry song.  He is such a perfect singer.  He is even better in person, than on the records.  He mixes it up from each time, that he performs.  New phrasing and such. 
   After the concert, and interview.  They allowed everyone there to have photos taken.  Four people two on each side, and him in the middle.  I gave him a necklace, that I had bought from Louise.  He is as big an Egyptophile as I am.  He really liked it.  Said he thought it was beautiful..  I didn't get him to sign my magazines, because they didn't allow any signatures.  Oh well, still have that on my bucket list. 
   He was charming, sweet, and very kind and did I mention, handsome.  Everyone was just in awe.  My daughter told him thank you so much, for all the "joy you have given my mother."  He said aww thats sweet.  It was all too short, but amazing all the same.  I am so happy, to have gotten to meet him in person.  I will never forget it.

While we were in line, we stuck up a conversation with a couple and talked to them, for quite a while.  Later we found out, it was his Uncle and Aunt.  They are from Redmond Oregon...  Talk about serendipity. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:08:49 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 08:01:19 am »
Wow, you got to meed Adam!? That's great! How did you get on the meet and greet?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 02:02:27 pm »
   Well the meet and greet, and the short concert was a good as I could have ever hoped.  Tommy was his guitarist, and
he sang three songs.  His new one, Better than I know myself, Then he did an audience poll in order to see which song that was the most popular from the new album.  Cookoo, or Trespassing.  It was a basic tie, so he sang  WDYWFM, as an alternative.   What do you want from me, and can if you believe it, a Katy Perry song.  He is such a perfect singer.  He is even better in person, than on the records.  He mixes it up from each time, that he performs.  New phrasing and such. 
   After the concert, and interview.  They allowed everyone there to have photos taken.  Four people to a side, and him in the middle.  I gave him a necklace, that I had bought from Louise.  He is as big an Egyptophile as I am.  He really liked it.  Said he thought it was beautiful..  I didn't get him to sign my magazines, because they didn't allow any signatures.  Oh well, still have that on my bucket list. 
   He was charming, sweet, and very kind and sweet.  Everyone was just in awe.  My daughter told him thank you so much, for all the "joy you have given my mother."  He said aww thats sweet.  It was all too short, but amazing all the same.  I am so happy, to have gotten to meet him in person.  I will never forget it.

While we were in line, we stuck up a conversation with a couple and talked to them, for quite a while.  Come to find out, it was his Uncle and Aunt.  They are from Redmond Oregon...  Talk about serendipity. 

How cool it this...you got a meet him and talk to him....ohhhh my!  :-* :-* :-*

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 04:26:01 pm »
    I won the tickets, by calling and calling, and calling to try and be caller number 9.  It was like a lottery.  It has been going
on for two and a half weeks.  I was at the coast with my husband for one of the weeks though.  So when I got back home started calling and calling, as I said.   It got to be Thursday, and the best I had done was to get a ringer for about ten rings, and then a shut off.  They always take number 9.  I guess I was 7 or 8.  Anyhow, I finally got the ticket on Monday morning, at
6:00 am.  I had stayed up all night, in order to make the 6 and 7 o'clock call ins.  I won on the 6 am show time. 

I forgot to mention, that he also sang for the first time, anywhere, an acoustic version of another of his songs.  One of my favorites so far. "Never close our eyes."  It is a song written by Bruno Mars, and it is sooo romantic, and the music seems to be about the beginning of a romance.

http://adamquotedaily.blogspot.ca/2012/03/thankful-for-you-26032012.html

For those of you who wish to know everything Adam.  You can join this fan site.  It is a great one, and gives sometimes more than one update daily.  His uncle said he belongs to it as well.  The songs that he played yesterday are on there now.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:14:05 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 03:15:44 pm »
    I am so happy, to have gotten to meet him in person.  I will never forget it.

Oh my gosh, how cool is that! 8)
I'm very happy for you, since I know how much you like him. Three cheers for Janice!
*whoo-hooo-hooo*

Well done with the radio lottery. Your endurance paid off.
I know next to nothing about Adam Lambert, but your story made me smile big time. Glad you had this chance. :)
Love to you, as always. :-*

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 04:13:30 pm »

You said you don't know anything about him.. You should.

If you love great singers, you should get to know him.  He is (without prejudice) the best out there now.  He is simply awe inspiring with his vocal ability.  He has turned out to be quite a good writer as well.  I am glad for him, because that is where the lion share of the money is made.

He is the only pop/rock singer out there, that sounds better in person than on his recordings.  He mixes them up, and sings them differently all the time.  He appears most of the time, on these promo tours, with just a guitarist.  His guitarist is the one that he kissed on stage, at the AMAs.  And coincidentally; straight.

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 01:47:41 am »

" Chokehold"

Words to the song, from Adam's upcoming album.

All these hard confessions I forgave
Complicatiate
But I kinda like the pain, yeah
Baby I can smell you on my clothes
I try to stay composed
But I feel the fever grow whoa-o oh!

I keep running away running away running away from you
But I can't stand breaking the chains
Breaking the chains breaking the chains
Oh cause I know the second you go
Wantcha to bring it on back bring it on back bring it on back to me

And you know I want your chokehold
Wantcha to bring it on back bring it on back bring it on back to me
Bring it on back to me
Bring it on back to me

Oh oh oh
Hey hey
Oh oh I want your chokehold
Oh oh hey hey
Now I'm bring you baby back to me

Cause I know the second you go
And you know I want your chokehold
Gotta bring it on back bring it on back bring it on back to me
Bring it on back to me
Bring it on back to me
Oh oh you gotta bring it right back

How sexy is this?

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2012, 01:53:06 am »
Never close our eyes..

Words to the song, from Adam's upcoming album.  Written by Bruno Mars.

I wish that this night would never be over
There’s plenty of time to sleep when we die
So let’s just stay awake until we grow older
If I had my way we’d never close our eyes, our eyes, never!

I don’t wanna let a minute get away
Cause we got no time to lose
None of us are promised to see tomorrow
And what we do is ours to choose

Forget about the sunrise
Fight the sleep in your eyes
I don’t wanna miss a second with you
Let’s stay this way forever
It’s only getting better if we want it to

But you know I wish that this night would never be over
If I had my way we’d never close our eyes, our eyes, never!

It's so hard to think this would fade away
But what goes up must come down
Why can't we just live life with no consequence
That no way living the now

Forget about the sunrise
Fight the sleep in your eyes
I don’t wanna miss a second with you
Let’s stay this way forever
It only gets better if we want it to

You know that I wish that this night would never be over
If I had my way we’d never close our eyes, our eyes, never

Love this song.  He sang it at the appearance I attended.     I had heard snippets before but not accousticly.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 07:21:36 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind