Author Topic: Songs: What They Meant To Me  (Read 7335 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Songs: What They Meant To Me
« on: December 18, 2010, 03:31:03 am »
Music has been so important to me since before I can even remember. My mother said I was a baby rocking back and forth to her Elvis Presley songs on my hobby horse. I kept on rocking and I still am today. For whatever reason I feel like I need to record what certain songs meant to me and what certain songs that are new now mean to me. I feel that my blog on Bettermost is a place to do that. So that is what this new thread of mine is all about. I guess a lot of things are things that I really don't want to share with everyone like on Facebook.

Offline jstephens9

Re: Songs: What They Meant To Me
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 04:00:02 am »
So the first one, and these are not presented in order of preference or like, only in the order I hear or think about them.........The Look of Love by ABC released in 1982, made it up to #18 on the Billboard Top 100 and to #1 on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play. I am surprised that it did not go higher on the Top 100!!! I thought it did. Anyway, this song has always been one of my favorite songs. I was in a horrible relationship at the time which was reaching it's very end!!! But, as always, I tried to convince myself that it was ok.......I never even liked the guy to begin with, but I thought I should be in a relationship......lol. I lost some good years of my life because of that.....but it would not be the first time I did that. Anyway the last time this song also meant a lot to me was when I was in my hotel room at the Marriott Marquis in NYC this past April. I was getting ready to text this guy I met there at Juniors, Mike, and this song came on. The phone rang and it was him............

Quite honestly in looking at this video, it is much gayer than I would have thought and quite honestly if it were not for getting involved in something here where I live that I did not want to be involved with really, I would have never stayed here. I guess that was what was meant to be for me and maybe that was a good thing in the long run. But I feel also I missed out on a lot. I would have never acted any gayer, but maybe in some ways my life would have been happier. Or on the other hand, I would be dead now.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 04:10:54 am »
Well I have said it before and I will always say it........if it were not for this song.....music may have never meant that much to me. I was a little kid and I saw them perform this song. The Beatles were hippies and John Lennon was the worst!!! My mother did buy me records at the time and this song stayed at number 1. Finally, I did get her to buy it for me. I thought the label was so cool. At that point, I gave in and the Beatles became my favorite group at a time when people hated them. John Lennon was my favorite and still is. I can never take this song off my favorite song of all time. It ain't gonna happen..........

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 04:28:30 am »
And then the next week on whatever show my parents were watching..........the hippie was singing.........lol..........course this song goes right along with Hey Jude since it was the other side of the record and a big hit on its own........

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 10:53:44 am »
I'm really enjoying this musical review of past decades, friend!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 12:19:12 pm »
I'm really enjoying this musical review of past decades, friend!

Thanks! I may revive it. As I say there are a lot of things I cannot say on Facebook that I can say here.