Author Topic: Counting Down to the End of....Downton Abbey  (Read 244731 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Have you been watching Downton Abbey?
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2012, 01:30:55 am »
http://www.vulture.com/2012/07/bane-mask-makes-any-villain-look-scarier.html?imw=Y

See How a Bane Mask
Makes Any Villain Look Scarier

By Marisa Woocher
7/25/12 at 12:45 PM

O’Brien, Downton Abbey

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It works!  :o  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #131 on: August 07, 2012, 07:24:52 am »
Just finished Downton Season 2 on DVD from my local library.  My favorite quotes from this season:

- With him dead, there's no proof he was the father.
- Then I'm ruined.
- You were ruined already, my girl, so don't let's go overboard.

~~~
- Will you be happy?  Really?
- I have no right to be unhappy, which is almost the same.
- Almost....  Not quite.

~~~
And my fave -- a bit of advice from father to eldest daughter:

Find a cowboy in the middle West, and bring him back to shake us up a bit.

;D  ;D  ;D
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2012, 03:26:20 pm »

Bootlegged
Downton Abbey  Season-Three
trailer!
Click and scroll and click for the bootleg!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:08:15 pm by Aloysius J. Gleek »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2012, 08:20:49 pm »
Thanks, John!  Looks good!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2012, 11:08:37 pm »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Kvw7J26V68U[/youtube]
Published on Sep 5, 2012 by ITV1

www.itv.com/downtonabbey

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2012, 05:18:43 am »
As I understand it, Season 3 starts over here in the U.K. (I'm currently visiting Belfast) this month, but us Americans have to wait until January 6, 2013 for it to begin.

>:(
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline brianr

« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2012, 02:38:37 pm »
I found this while trying to discover when it will screen in NZ

A sneak peek at the third season of Downton Abbey reveals fireworks will fly between matriarchs played by Maggie Smith and newcomer Shirley MacLaine.

The aristocratic Crawley family endures a financial crisis. And, despite the engagement of Matthew and Mary at the end of last season, all is not well - gasp! - between the pair played by Dan Stevens and Michelle Dockery.

TV network PBS showed brief clips from next season to the Television Critics Association before a panel discussion with cast members and producers of the international hit. They took a break from taping in London to meet reporters in Beverly Hills.

Their visit followed a strong showing by Downton Abbey in Thursday's Emmy nominations with 16 bids, including best drama series.

In one scene shared by PBS, Hugh Bonneville's Robert Crawley, also known as Lord Grantham, is shown confessing to his wealthy American wife Cora (Elizabeth McGovern) about an investment gone wrong.

"Has some of my fortune been lost?" she asks.
 "Almost all," he replies, tearfully.

Matthew and Mary, who travelled a rocky road to what looked like blissful marriage, are shown in an angry confrontation in which she accuses him of disloyalty to the family.

Tart dialogue involving MacLaine's Martha and Smith's Violet, the dowager countess, also looks to be a hallmark of season three. It begins airing in September in the UK and next January on PBS.

"When I'm with her, I'm reminded of the virtues of the English," Violet says of Martha.

"But isn't she American?" asks a puzzled Matthew.

"Exactly," Violet replies.

Series creator Julian Fellowes said the next season will encompass about two years at the start of the 1920s. Among the plot points to be resolved: What happens to John Bates, Lord Grantham's valet who was convicted last season of murdering his wife and barely escaped the gallows.

Bonneville made his support for his loyal servant clear. At the panel's conclusion, the actor jumped up, turned his back to the room while opening his jacket and dress shirt, and then wheeled around to reveal the T-shirt he wore underneath: "Free Bates," it read.

"T-shirts are available in the foyer," Brendan Coyle, who plays Bates, chimed in dryly.

MacLaine also proved a showstopper. The actress, who has said she believes in reincarnation, was asked if she and Smith had met before.

"Well, we were lovers in another life," she said, smiling. Then she shared Smith's recollection of their meeting some 40 years ago backstage at the Oscars, near a catering table, after MacLaine failed to take home a trophy.

"Do you know what you did, dear?" Smith reminded her. "You tucked right into that chocolate cake and said, '(Expletive), I don't care if I'm thin ever again."'

Also on hand for the panel were Dockery, McGovern, Joanne Froggatt and executive producers Gareth Neame and Rebecca Eaton. Stevens was among the cast members kept in London by filming, which continues through August.

Downton Abbey's third season is due to screen in the UK in September. Seasons one and two screened on Prime in New Zealand.

Offline brianr

« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2012, 05:50:16 am »
Season 3 is starting here in NZ next Thursday. Have just watched a repeat of the Christmas program. :)

Offline brianr

« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2012, 05:10:33 am »
Have just finished watching the last episode of season 3 here in NZ.  Fairly clear there will be no series 4. So sad, I have enjoyed every moment of it.

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2012, 11:16:51 am »
They've already announced there'll be a Season 4.  Must go find link.  Please don't give away any spoilers.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...