Author Topic: Counting Down to the End of....Downton Abbey  (Read 244717 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Have you been watching Downton Abbey?
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2013, 12:07:20 am »
Carson calls someone a "hobbledehoy" and it becomes an item in the Twitterverse! https://twitter.com/tomandlorenzo/status/288104639608532993
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2013, 12:14:14 am »
Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......not Mathew........gees he is one of my favourites.......and he has the best "come to bed" eyes I have seen since Richard Gere.......

I hate it when these dam actors decide to leave a character and change the whole story.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2013, 03:03:02 am »
Now the cat is out of the bag,
I really finished watching the last Christmas edition and decided I would not watch again. I may weaken.  ::)
To me that is the hall mark of a soap when the story line depends on the needs of the actors, not the writer.

I was amused when I came to NZ and found that Coronation Street is still running and 2 nights per week. That died a death in Australia many years ago.
Back in the 80's I would rush home to watch Eastenders then one day the Tv station just took it off air. I was horrified but it taught me a lesson. I have never watched a soap since.
It is always sad when a good series ends but we get over it and it is better than having it drag on and lose all reality.

Yes it did not help that I was madly in love with Dan Stevens  ;)
I will have to look out for him. He seems to have been mainly in TV mini series and was in "The Line of Beauty" I am a fan of Allan Hollinghurst and have read most of his books .I think I watched the Line of Beauty.  Photos show Dan Stevens was much younger although it was only 6 years ago.  I checked and sadly he is married with children  :)
I will watch out for his films.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2013, 09:24:07 am »
Two of my coworkers are always talking about Downton Abbey, and trying to get me to watch.

I just laugh it off.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2013, 10:19:49 am »
Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......not Mathew........gees he is one of my favourites.......and he has the best "come to bed" eyes I have seen since Richard Gere.......

I hate it when these dam actors decide to leave a character and change the whole story.....

Sometimes actors shoot themselves--and their careers--in the foot when they leave a successful series.  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2013, 10:36:24 am »
Sometimes actors shoot themselves--and their careers--in the foot when they leave a successful series.  8)

The name David Caruso ring a bell?

Although I think he's recovered now, hasn't he?  I seem to remember him being on another hit series.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2013, 01:00:01 pm »
The name David Caruso ring a bell?

Although I think he's recovered now, hasn't he?  I seem to remember him being on another hit series.

He's EXACTLY who I had in mind. Yes, I think it took him years to recoup, but he became the head guy on C.S.I.: Miami.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brianr

« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2013, 01:37:41 pm »
For those who have not been watching
Dan Stevens

Offline brianr

« Reply #178 on: October 17, 2013, 04:14:07 pm »
Well the next series of Downton Abbey is starting next Wednesday here in NZ. I vowed not to watch it after Matthew was killed. but am afraid it looks like I will.
There was an interview with Maggie Smith during the week. She is marvellous. All the promos seem to focus on how the family try to help Lady Mary cope.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #179 on: January 05, 2014, 09:38:56 pm »
The new series starts in one hour in the US! Is everyone suffering from Downton Abbey fatigue? Not me...I am excited!
"chewing gum and duct tape"