Author Topic: Counting Down to the End of....Downton Abbey  (Read 244681 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Have you been watching Downton Abbey?
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2013, 11:49:07 am »
I am in Hanoi, Vietnam, and saw Downton Abby advertised for Monday night......when I left Australia we were only 3 episodes into the new series 3........anyway, turned it on here (in Hanoi) and wasn't quite sure where I was.....Obviously it is way ahead of Australia as so much seems to have happened.....I wont give any spoilers away, but the episode I just saw here was the one with the cricket match.......

Fiona or Brian, as you have seen all of series 3....can you give me some idea of whereabouts in series 3, I am now.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2013, 12:01:40 pm »

We fans know him as Mr. Pamuk.

I like him better with short hair.
How odd. Here at work I can see the picture of him with the horse, but not the second picture.  ???  Never mind.

His comment re: his role in Downton: "But I mean, I'm onscreen for about 20 minutes, and I still get people going, 'Mr. Pamuk!'"
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2013, 12:15:40 pm »
Day-um, I thought he was smokin' as Mr. Pamuk, but geez louise, in real life, that boy's ON FIRE!   :o
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2013, 12:34:55 pm »
Yes, Mr. Pamuk was made up rather severely.  Even though he had brief screen time, his character was pivotal to season one, and so his name was mentioned long after he kicked it. 

I love the Dowager Countess's reaction:  something like, leave it to a foreigner--an Englishman would never dream of dying in someone else's house.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2013, 01:25:43 pm »
Day-um, I thought he was smokin' as Mr. Pamuk, but geez louise, in real life, that boy's ON FIRE!   :o

That's why I checked out his new series, Golden Boy.

(O.M.G., those lips!  ::) )
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline chowhound

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2013, 02:45:30 pm »
I am in Hanoi, Vietnam, and saw Downton Abby advertised for Monday night......when I left Australia we were only 3 episodes into the new series 3........anyway, turned it on here (in Hanoi) and wasn't quite sure where I was.....Obviously it is way ahead of Australia as so much seems to have happened.....I wont give any spoilers away, but the episode I just saw here was the one with the cricket match.......

Fiona or Brian, as you have seen all of series 3....can you give me some idea of whereabouts in series 3, I am now.....

Katie, you're now very close to the end of series three. There's just two hours left which, as it was shown on Christmas Day in England, was known there as the "Christmas Special". Most of it takes place on the family's summer visit to Scotland before returning to Downton for a truly shocking conclusion.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2013, 02:53:48 pm »

I had to go to Wikipedia, it is so long ago. I am afraid you saw the last episode , number 8 of season 3 except for the Christmas Special. I am not sure where Australia is up to at the moment. I cannot say too much but the Christmas special has really ruined it all for me, it has turned into a soap.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2013, 08:04:40 pm »
How odd. Here at work I can see the picture of him with the horse, but not the second picture.  ???  Never mind.

Humph. I can't see the second pic here at home, either.  >:(

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2013, 08:10:31 pm »
Humph. I can't see the second pic here at home, either.  >:(

Poor Jeff.  Here's another for you:

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2013, 08:52:32 pm »
Look at that neck!