Author Topic: Counting Down to the End of....Downton Abbey  (Read 244702 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Have you been watching Downton Abbey?
« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2013, 11:12:18 pm »
Poor Jeff.  Here's another for you:

Thanks. That one shows.  ;D

Actually, I've already done a Google Images search for him. I just haven't downloaded any pics yet.  ;D  

There are some lovely photos of him in a bathtub floating around on the Internet.  ;D

ETA: Perhaps for some bizarre computer-related reason you have to be on line for me to see that second pic. I can see it now, while you are on the site.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2013, 03:35:59 am »
I had to go to Wikipedia, it is so long ago. I am afraid you saw the last episode , number 8 of season 3 except for the Christmas Special. I am not sure where Australia is up to at the moment. I cannot say too much but the Christmas special has really ruined it all for me, it has turned into a soap.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :o

Katie, you're now very close to the end of series three. There's just two hours left which, as it was shown on Christmas Day in England, was known there as the "Christmas Special". Most of it takes place on the family's summer visit to Scotland before returning to Downton for a truly shocking conclusion.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :'(

I cant believe it.........not the END.....oh gees.......how come they only make 8 bloody episodes..... ???

Oh well, hope they have the 2 hour "Christmas Show" on next week......Cant believe I've missed the whole dam series.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2013, 03:38:45 am »
Day-um, I thought he was smokin' as Mr. Pamuk, but geez louise, in real life, that boy's ON FIRE!   :o

Totally agree......HOT HOT HOT........
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2013, 11:08:21 pm »
I think I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't watch.  lol

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2013, 08:13:29 am »
Potential spoiler alert if you haven't watched all of Season 3 yet:

~~~

"Downton Abbey" shocker: Another key character departs
By Tim Kenneally | Reuters – 15 hrs ago

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap) - Sarah O'Brien has left the Abbey. Siobahn Finneran, who's played conniving maid O'Brien throughout "Downton Abbey's" three-season run, won't be returning for the upcoming fourth season of the British hit.

Finneran told the Press Association that she's done with the character.

"I'm not doing any more," Finneran, who'll be appearing in the second season of the BBC1 offering "The Syndicate" -- said. "O'Brien is a thoroughly despicable human being -- that was great to play."

The news will no doubt shake "Downton" fans, who have already had to contend with the shocking deaths of two key characters in recent months.

Matthew Crawley was knocked off in the "Downton Abbey" Christmas special, leading to the departure of cast member Dan Stevens.

That death was followed
(correction by Mandy -- should be preceded) by the demise of Lady Sybil Branson, played by Jessica Brown Findlay. In an episode airing in the U.S. in January, Branson died after giving birth.

While the show's faithful might have been disappointed by the deaths, they appear to have remained faithful to the show: Its February Season 3 finale on PBS, which airs the show in the U.S., drew a jaw-dropping 8.2 million total viewers, easily besting the viewership for the Season 2 finale.

A spokeswoman for PBS member station WGBH said that the door is open for the O'Brien character to return in the future.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #165 on: March 04, 2013, 08:16:17 am »
Also potential spoilers:
~~~

Comings and goings at 'Downton Abbey' next season
By FRAZIER MOORE | Associated Press – Sat, Mar 2, 2013

NEW YORK (AP) — Shirley MacLaine will be returning to "Downton Abbey" next season, and opera star Kiri Te Kanawa is joining the cast.

MacLaine will reprise her role as Martha Levinson, Lord Robert Crawley's freewheeling American mother-in-law, Carnival Films and "Masterpiece" on PBS said Saturday. MacLaine appeared in episodes early last season.

New Zealand-born soprano Te Kanawa will play a house guest. She will sing during her visit.

Other new cast members and characters include:

— Tom Cullen as Lord Gillingham, described as an old family friend of the Crawleys who visits the family as a guest for a house party (and who might be the one to mend Lady Mary Crawley's broken heart).

— Nigel Harman will play a valet named Green.

— Harriet Walter plays Lady Shackleton, an old friend of the Dowager Countess.

— Joanna David will play a guest role as the Duchess of Yeovil.

— Julian Ovenden is cast as aristocrat Charles Blake.

"The addition of these characters can only mean more delicious drama, which is what 'Downton Abbey' is all about," said "Masterpiece" executive producer Rebecca Eaton.

Meanwhile, the producers have confirmed that villainous housemaid Sarah O'Brien won't be back. Siobhan Finneran, who played her, is leaving the show.

These announcements come shortly after the third season's airing in the United States. It concluded with the heartbreaking death of popular Matthew Crawley in a car crash, leaving behind his newborn child and loving wife, Lady Mary Crawley.

Matthew's untimely demise was the result of the departure from the series by actor Dan Stevens, who had starred in that role.

The third season also saw the shocking death of Lady Sybil Branson, who died during childbirth. She was played by the departing Jessica Brown Findlay.

Last season the wildly popular melodrama, set in early 20th century Britain, was the most-watched series on PBS since Ken Burns' epic "The Civil War," which first aired in 1990. The Nielsen Co. said 8.2 million viewers saw the "Downton" season conclusion.

"Downton Abbey," which airs on the "Masterpiece" anthology, won three Emmy awards last fall, including a best supporting actress trophy for Maggie Smith (the Dowager Countess), who also won a Golden Globe in January.

In all, the series has won nine Emmys, two Golden Globes and a Screen Actors Guild Award for the ensemble cast, which is the first time the cast of a British television show has won this award.

Hugh Bonneville, Michelle Dockery, Elizabeth McGovern, Jim Carter and Brendan Coyle are among its other returning stars.

___

Online:

http://www.pbs.org/downton
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2013, 10:01:22 am »

If you mean doesn't watch Downton Abbey, you're not. I don't watch it either.

Maybe we should start a thread for people who don't watch Downton Abbey.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Have you been watching Downton Abbey? (SPOILERS)
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2013, 12:08:47 pm »
(SPOILERS)

Keep posting here even though you don't watch, friends. Your comments are very interesting. On Saturday night I watched the episode where Sybyl and Tom had to leave Ireland separately and Ethyl gave up her baby to the parents of her dead husband. One of the things that moved me was Mrs. Crawley's reaction as she watched Ethyl walk away alone. She seemed completely devastated. I'm so glad to learn from the previews of the next episode that Ethyl and Mrs. Crawley continue on together. Don't know when I'll gather up the fortitude to watch the next episode where Sybyl dies in childbirth. I've been putting it off, and also watching Matthew as intently as possible, knowing he's not long for this world either!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2013, 04:38:57 pm »

You 'n me both, Chuckie.

I've never seen any of it.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2013, 04:39:47 pm »
If you mean doesn't watch Downton Abbey, you're not. I don't watch it either.

Maybe we should start a thread for people who don't watch Downton Abbey.  ;D

Great idea!   8)  ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre