615,982 Posts in 14,787 Topics by 2,768 Residents
Latest Member: vnszbjzn
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2019, 08:05:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum  |  Our BetterMost Community  |  The Polling Place (Moderator: David In Indy)  |  Topic: Do You Find The New "You Don't Need God" Billboards Offensive? 0 Residents and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do You Find The New "You Don't Need God" Billboards Offensive?  (Read 8167 times)
Marina
Brokeback Got Me Good

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 08:23:33 pm »

I know it doesn't say it specifically - but the implication is there.   "to love, to care, to hope, to live" all those things I equate with happiness in life.   It's subliminal, and billboard advertising has done that for years.   I also said I need spirituality in my life to be happy, not referring to how the billboard itself literally reads.    I don't know what other people think, that's why I wouldn't presume to speak for them with  a global "You don't need ....", but I would guess that some others might need spirituality and/or the good aspects of religion in order to be happy in life.

Not all people need these things, but some do - is all I'm saying.  So, that billboard message is every bit as preachy as some religious messages.   I don't need to be subjected to that kind of propaganda, from any side of the argument.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 12:38:04 pm by Marina » Logged

“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum  |  Our BetterMost Community  |  The Polling Place (Moderator: David In Indy)  |  Topic: Do You Find The New "You Don't Need God" Billboards Offensive? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Listen to Brokeback Mountain Radio 1
Listen to Brokeback Mountain Radio 1

Help keep this site operating by donating.

Web bettermost.net
Image courtesy of 'AuroraLucis'

No more beans.  I'm sick of beans.