615,982 Posts in 14,787 Topics by 2,768 Residents
Latest Member: vnszbjzn
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2019, 08:07:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum  |  Our BetterMost Community  |  The Polling Place (Moderator: David In Indy)  |  Topic: What do you put in your Irish corned beef? 0 Residents and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you put in your Irish corned beef?  (Read 10730 times)
Front-Ranger
BetterMost Moderator
The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

I'm marching for her!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 03:05:37 pm »

Yep, I always get a funny vision when someone talks about resting on his laurels!! The tree in my sunroom is not QUITE that tall...The ancients would crown their athletes with a wreath of bay leaves, so that's where the phrase about laurels comes from.

Meanwhile I was just reading about another ingredient, garlic, in today's Wall Street Journal. Apparently a variety called porcelain garlic grows well in the Scottish Highlands.

Read all about it: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703386704576186450016912660.html

Paul, I am not surprised that you don't like corned beef and cabbage, because you don't like mint and I like mint. I'm sure there are lots of things we like in common though...lobsters and seafood in general, and those wonderful dry Manhattans that I can't enjoy until Lent is over!!

May 2019 be better for us all.
Marina
Brokeback Got Me Good

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2011, 06:10:57 pm »

That picture of the bay laurel is gorgeous.  Smiley

“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love
Lynne
BetterMost Supporter
BetterMost Moderator
BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club

"The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2011, 07:44:06 pm »

Tell your buddy that boiled dinnah is wicked gross.

Or just drown it in Guiness.

laugh Cool laugh

We had dinnah tonight by accident at a bar, where - of course - everyone was having their St. Paddy's Day fun - corned beef and cabbage was even the special.  We refrained, had some beer and wings and split a pizza...but...

STEP DANCERS!!!

What was a fun surprise!  And now I know how to get thin thighs and a tight tummy.   Roll Eyes  (Like that's ever gonna happen!)

"Laß sein. Laß sein."
Front-Ranger
BetterMost Moderator
The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

I'm marching for her!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2011, 01:08:16 pm »

I suppose this is cheating but I ended up putting in some Old Bay Seasoning. It has celery, mustard, bay, pepper, cloves allspice, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon and traces of other things. It seemed to work well...my mother, who's very finicky, said it was the best corned beef she's had this season!!

Now, on to meat loaf...

May 2019 be better for us all.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum  |  Our BetterMost Community  |  The Polling Place (Moderator: David In Indy)  |  Topic: What do you put in your Irish corned beef? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Listen to Brokeback Mountain Radio 1
Listen to Brokeback Mountain Radio 1

Help keep this site operating by donating.

Web bettermost.net
Image courtesy of 'AuroraLucis'

No more beans.  I'm sick of beans.