Author Topic: And what about the choice of our user name ?  (Read 32520 times)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
Re: And what about the choice of our user name ?
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2006, 01:05:25 pm »
I am so glad so many of you are answering, THANKS! Very interesting, entertaining, ALL of you!
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2006, 01:27:06 pm »
latjoreme because that's what you get if you type Katherine but put your fingers in the wrong place on the keyboard and my real name is Katherine.

Hahahahahahahahaa  Now that's priceless!

This cracked me up. I always have trouble with the damn home row.
My name is dysvru in Lat speak.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2006, 01:40:16 pm »

I am so glad so many of you are answering, THANKS! Very interesting, entertaining, ALL of you!

Is is interesting!  Thanks for getting this thread started, Isabelle (of the gloriously graceful name).
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2006, 02:04:29 pm »

Isabelle (of the gloriously graceful name).

Thank you Celeste. Do you know that my name comes from the Hebrew 'Eli Sheba', which means 'The temple of God'? I'm not sure it's quite suitable for me, but there you go.
And I did think your name was Asian somehow, Hindi doesn't surprise me. A beautiful name (2 beautiful words). This might explain why I always pictured you as very dark-haired, probably black-haired and dark-eyed, and you're not! But the name conjured up these images (and Celeste conjured up a blonde!).
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2006, 03:52:01 pm »

As a Leslie who likes her name, I am a little sad to know that you detest yours!  :(

Don't be sad.  I actually like the name on other people, and 'detested' was used for dramatic effect, but it never sat comfortably as MY name.  It's the same as caps looking funky on someone else's head but they make me look like a ball point pen.  I would never choose to wear a police uniform but so many look hot in them.... aaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhrrr...........
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2006, 04:20:58 pm »

(and Celeste conjured up a blonde!).

I'm not sure why the blonde thing, but more than one person has seemed disappointed at my non-blonde status.  I love 'Temple of God'  I might have to change my name...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2006, 04:25:59 pm »

(and Celeste conjured up a blonde!).

I'm not sure why the blonde thing, but more than one person has seemed disappointed at my non-blonde status.  I love 'Temple of God'  I might have to change my name...

NO, I am not disappointed (I don't go for blondes!). But Celeste is so reminiscent of 'Heaven' to me, that I guess the stereotype of an Angel came to mind! :angel:
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2006, 06:59:50 pm »

NO, I am not disappointed (I don't go for blondes!). But Celeste is so reminiscent of 'Heaven' to me, that I guess the stereotype of an Angel came to mind! :angel:

I totally understand.  Here's another pic from a couple months back - my hair was a bit blonder then!

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2006, 04:54:34 pm »
Yes, this is you no doubt, Celeste!
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2006, 05:29:58 pm »
'Chanterais' (it's French for "I would sing", but I guess you know that).

Chanterais!, please tell everyone I already told you that like two months ago.  Please!  Tell 'em I already pointed that out!  Thanks.