Author Topic: This year's secret Dîner en Blanc in New York is...???  (Read 48475 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: The secret Dîner en Blanc 2012 in New York comes to...Lincoln Center!
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2012, 05:51:57 pm »
My goodness. I want to come back to New York!!! What a lot of gorgeous people on a perfectly silly and magical mission. Can it get any more wonderful?

:o

Hi guys. I still exist, by the way.  ::)

Formidable!! Hi Anke! I miss seeing you in New York! My sheep is alive and well!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The secret Dîner en Blanc 2012 in New York comes to...Lincoln Center!
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2018, 10:30:53 am »
They had one of these in Philadelphia last evening--and it was a damn nuisance. It was held on the plaza on the west side of City Hall, which made it, to say the least, a great inconvenience at rush hour to people who ordinarily use the subway entrance on the west side of City Hall. Like me. ...

I did see one very cute young guy with an olive complexion and scruff, and I wondered where he got the white suit.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

Re: This year's secret Dîner en Blanc in New York is...???
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2018, 03:15:32 pm »
They had one of these in Philadelphia last evening--and it was a damn nuisance. It was held on the plaza on the west side of City Hall, which made it, to say the least, a great inconvenience at rush hour to people who ordinarily use the subway entrance on the west side of City Hall. Like me. ...

I did see one very cute young guy with an olive complexion and scruff, and I wondered where he got the white suit.

I guess it can be annoying Jeff--they seem to have a thing about it doing it on a weekday evening (to get yourself out of the realm of the everyday) and (for me) super annoying--they never tell you WHERE the event is set--until the last minute. People congregate in one location, then (with your bags of stuff at the ready) sprint to the final destination. Exciting for some, but bothersome to others.

Oh well!   ::) ::)

[youtube=1100,620]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0_8lK8q-CQ[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0_8lK8q-CQ

Le Dîner en Blanc - New York 2016

Le Dîner en Blanc
Published on Nov 10, 2016

Official Video of the sixth edition of Le Dîner en Blanc - New York held on September 15, 2016. More than 5000 friends dressed beautifully in white, took over Robert F Wagner, Jr Park to dine, dance, mingle and celebrate the spirit of Le Dîner en Blanc!

FYI: The next Dîner en Blanc/NYC 2018 is Monday, September 17.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 06:32:23 pm by Aloysius J. Gleek »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2018, 07:17:17 pm »
So,  it's like a flashmob, but in addition to the music and dancing there's food and drink, and  everyone wears white?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2018, 08:22:30 pm »

I guess it can be annoying Jeff--they seem to have a thing about it doing it on a weekday evening (to get yourself out of the realm of the everyday) and (for me) super annoying--they never tell you WHERE the event is set--until the last minute. People congregate in one location, then (with your bags of stuff at the ready) sprint to the final destination. Exciting for some, but bothersome to others.

Oh well!   ::) ::)

I remember you mentioning that before. Actually, you could say I'm making an assumption about the location, because the police had the whole plaza blocked off with the portable fences they use for crowd control when there is a parade. But I also heard a police officer tell some that the plaza was closed for a special event.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2018, 08:24:11 pm »
So,  it's like a flashmob, but in addition to the music and dancing there's food and drink, and  everyone wears white?

I couldn't do it. I might try a diner en noir, because black is so slimming. ...

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2018, 08:35:01 pm »

I couldn't do it. I might try a diner en noir, because black is so slimming. ...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2018, 11:18:40 am »

I agree with you Jeff, but not because of black being slimming.   Because I know whenever I wear white, I manage to spill something on it.  at least with black, the stain wouldn't show!   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!