Author Topic: Zodiac poster...  (Read 6772 times)

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
Re: Zodiac poster...
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 10:04:35 pm »
 :) well, in conjunction with the poster there is a full page mini-article in this months Premiere Magazine with a pic of
 Jake and Robert Downey with a little synopsis of the movie - page 35- looks like the release date is going to be
January 19, 2007 - the waiting for more Jake movies in almost interminable............................ >:(
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 10:33:16 pm »
Sorry guys, just realized no one can see the poster  :-\

Hopefully the link posted above works!

I think Matt Damon is from Massachusetts, but not South Boston.  His family has some money, and I think he went to Harvard or Yale.  His character in "Good Will Hunting" was from "Southie" - maybe that's what you're thinking?

<--- partly named her son after Will Hunting, so kind of a Matt Damon fan  ;)

Yep, that's probably so, I do remember that he went to Harvard. What made me think he was from south Boston was that I read somewhere that he was the only actor who didn't have to work on the accent before filming... but now that I think of it that was probably just because of Good Will Hunting!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

mvansand76

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 07:23:05 am »
I really like the poster! Obviously just a teaser one since it isn't coming out for agesss...but all that fog, v.creepy. Hopefully it will a another great Fincher film - I've read quite a lot of negative buzz about the film, hope none of it turns out to be ture.

Negative buzz? Where? I've read the book and even though it's very descriptive and not a novel in any way, it is quite creepy so I am really curious about what David Fincher has done with it...

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 10:47:11 pm »
Negative buzz? Where? I've read the book and even though it's very descriptive and not a novel in any way, it is quite creepy so I am really curious about what David Fincher has done with it...

I'm in the middle of the book right now and have been feeling the exact same way, wondering how it will turn out on film. Though it isn't reallly a novel, I find a lot of it very cinematic...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

mvansand76

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 08:14:01 am »
I'm in the middle of the book right now and have been feeling the exact same way, wondering how it will turn out on film. Though it isn't reallly a novel, I find a lot of it very cinematic...

Have you finished it yet? What did you think?

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2006, 02:27:04 am »
Have you finished it yet? What did you think?

Hey Mel, just saw this  :)

I actually didn't get a chance to finish it, I left it at work one day and it has mysteriously disappeared.  :-\mI was about half way through. So far I'm loving it, though I've read that it isn't a very truthful account, so I'm not sure what to think about that.

mvansand76

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2006, 07:48:00 am »
Hey Mel, just saw this  :)

I actually didn't get a chance to finish it, I left it at work one day and it has mysteriously disappeared.  :-\mI was about half way through. So far I'm loving it, though I've read that it isn't a very truthful account, so I'm not sure what to think about that.

I finished it, and it was scary at times, but I think the loose ends in the investigation could make for a messy movie. Therefore, I amreally curious about the movie, I can't wait to see what they did with it. Can't wait to see Jake in it either, together with Mark Ruffalo and Robert Downey Jr, what a treat!  :D