Author Topic: Happy Longerdays!  (Read 16148 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Happy Longerdays!
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2023, 06:03:12 pm »
We can make it, friends--only two more days to go!  8)
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2023, 10:14:20 pm »
I don't suppose Chuck celebrates this holiday, since he likes things cold and dark.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2023, 04:47:23 pm »
If there were any decorations to put up to celebrate the day, I bet he would!  ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2023, 10:41:56 pm »
The solstice is here. The moon is at first quarter.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2023, 01:03:11 pm »
Happy Longerdays, everyone!

Sunset here today is 4:34. By New Year's Eve it will be 4:41. But we'll only add four minutes of daylight, due to that weird phenomenon of sunrise getting later for a while, even as days are lengthening. I know we've talked about that before but I can't remember if anyone could explain it. My best guess is it has to do with our location within the time zone.

In any case, I'll welcome those four extra minutes! And by this time next month, we'll have added more than half an hour!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2023, 10:39:26 pm »
Sunset here today is 4:34. By New Year's Eve it will be 4:41. But we'll only add four minutes of daylight, due to that weird phenomenon of sunrise getting later for a while, even as days are lengthening. I know we've talked about that before but I can't remember if anyone could explain it. My best guess is it has to do with our location within the time zone.

I believe our latitude here is farther south than yours, but according to my almanac, it happens here, too.