Author Topic: Brokeback Fever, Redux  (Read 1996 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Brokeback Fever, Redux
« on: April 04, 2006, 01:26:49 pm »
With the DVD being released today, we may have a wave of new sufferers throughout the world who have contracted Brokeback Fever. In the interest of public safety, I have reposted "Brokeback Fever: A New Clinical Entity" over in the fanfic section of this forum (I know it's not fanfic, but it seemed like the most logical place to put it).

Go on over and take a walk down memory lane...remember what it felt like in those first, early days of your infection. Think of all the sufferers who will be joining us in the days ahead.

Note: the statistics about the IMDb message board are accurate as of 3/10/06 (the day of the Variety ad). Given all that has happened, I could not bear to go back and rewrite that section with the numbers as they stand now. So, that is the last time that section will be revised, and those numbers will be preserved in time forever.

Enjoy--and as always, comments are welcome.

Leslie, RN
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline rightstar

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Brokeback Fever, Redux
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 02:07:43 pm »
Ah, that's the very reason I am delaying as long as possible getting my own copy. I want to put off catching it again, since it takes up too much of my life! And I don't really think we can build up immunity through exposure to it.....

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
Re: Brokeback Fever, Redux
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 02:27:16 pm »
I bought a copy yesterday but I haven't watched it yet. For me, merely owning the DVD is like another stab of the Fever. I am having a really difficult time today, like I did yesterday, getting the energy to do something, anything. I'm not as much of a basket-case as I was in January, considering the last time I watched this movie was in theatres probably two weeks ago, but of course the movie is still the No. 1 constant in my mind and it's making me feel solemn and lazy today. Damn it!

I just watched Jake in "The Day After Tomorrow" (it was on HBO) because I couldn't find any other way to start off my day. Not a very good movie but I did enjoy him in it, even though his role wasn't demanding in the slightest...

www.jlodown.com
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger