Author Topic: Let the ball roll! - UEFA EURO 2012  (Read 74031 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Let the ball roll! - UEFA EURO 2012
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2012, 09:55:16 pm »
^^Welcome to the Andy fucking Carroll Fan Club!^^^^

So Spain is going to the Finals!  It was a pretty good elegant match (despite the nine yellow cards!) but I do feel bad for millionaire Ronaldo, he looked so very disappointed.  :'(

The main thing I noticed from the game is how thick Nelson Oliveira's hair is.  I mean, wtf, I'm sure you could use a number one clipper on his head and still not see his scalp.  Plus he'll probably have the same hair when he's 90.  I hate him! [slap!] I love him! [slap!] I hate him!

And I do have a thing for ears, yum!

Gerard Piqué was also a contender with his version of the woody woodpecker hair style:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2012, 02:03:14 am »
Yes, it was a nice match for the greatest part. Towards the second half of the second half it bacame a bit lame, you had the feeling neither team really had the drive to win this thing. But the Spanish did well in the extra time, it was the first time they were clearly better than Portugal.

Penalty shootout is of course a lottery every time. Portugal's young goalie impressed me with saving the very first shot. The way he did it was just cool. 8)
Goalies are a special breed. They have to be firm as a rock, calm in the biggest storm, simply the backbone of their team. Of course I'm biased, my daughter is a goalie and has been ever since she started her sports.

Portugal's Fabio Coentrao confused me a little. From afar he looks like Spain's Torres and I was like Huh? Why is Torres playing for Portugal now? :laugh:

Torres

Coentrao
not bad either, but no freckles

And speaking of goalies, Spain's Iker Casillas

The main thing I noticed from the game is how thick Nelson Oliveira's hair is.  I mean, wtf, I'm sure you could use a number one clipper on his head and still not see his scalp.  Plus he'll probably have the same hair when he's 90.  I hate him! [slap!] I love him! [slap!] I hate him!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I noticed the hair also! To be honest, I don't remember which player it was, but I remember thinking Gee, what a thick mop of hair, and I assume it must have been Oliveira.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2012, 02:16:17 am »
^^Welcome to the Andy fucking Carroll Fan Club!^^^^

Took me long enough, but now I'm in. ;D
See him in two years at the world championship, latest!

Tonight it's Germany : Italy and guess what? Our 25-year highschool reunion is today. Of all dates, they couldn't have found a different one? ::)

But at least there's public viewing in the restaurant we meet at.  :)

Offline oilgun

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2012, 05:17:13 pm »
Wow, i did not see that coming! Super Mario Balotelli was on fire and apparently overdosing on testosterone! I went in rooting for Germany but Italy was amazing so they deserved to win.  I felt some movement when Balotelli took his shirt off after his second goal.   ;)

Also, I nominate Daniele De Rossi as the one most likely to make you cry out to god and make your toes curl.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2012, 05:48:25 pm »
[...]

Portugal's Fabio Coentrao confused me a little. From afar he looks like Spain's Torres and I was like Huh? Why is Torres playing for Portugal now? :laugh:

Torres

Coentrao
not bad either, but no freckles

[...]
Must be the horrible highlights, lol!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2012, 01:47:15 am »
Must be the horrible highlights, lol!

Must be it. :laugh:

Wow, i did not see that coming! Super Mario Balotelli was on fire and apparently overdosing on testosterone! I went in rooting for Germany but Italy was amazing so they deserved to win.  I felt some movement when Balotelli took his shirt off after his second goal.   ;)

Overdosing on testosteron - a clear yes when I look at the picture.
Got a few strange looks (remember, I was seeing it with ~45 people I hadn't seen in many years). When he took off his shirt and we got another perfect look at his back I said, Damn, that's almost worth it. :laugh:

Due to highschool reunion, I watched only on and off and since I wasn't that much into the game, I didn't mind that the Germans lost. And since it was Italy, you can call it a tradition. ;)

After the game we heard parades of cars honking and when we went home later the main place and street were full of people partying, cheering and waving Italian flags. Guess there's a big Italian community in town. That was nice. :)
My friend, who still lives there, told us when Germany wins, the whole inner town is completely closed off with partying people, with no way for cars to get through. Public viewing is a win/win situation. The restaurants make good business, and people enjoy seeing the games in a group plus partying afterwards.
I never would have thought Germans can be so spontaneous, taking over the streets and towns for party, and cheerful. Such a thing was completely unknown until some years back.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:01:24 am by Penthesilea »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2012, 09:41:40 am »
What happened to Germany? I for sure thought they'd get through....
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline oilgun

« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2012, 06:27:12 pm »
I'm going through footy withdrawals!!

Have you seen all the Mario Balotelli memes going around?  Hilarious!

More:
http://weknowmemes.com/2012/07/the-10-best-balotelli-memes/

And then some:
http://weknowmemes.com/2012/07/15-more-mario-balotelli-photoshop-memes/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2012, 05:08:19 pm »
I'm going through footy withdrawals!!

Yeah, it's kind of a let-down. :laugh:

Have you seen all the Mario Balotelli memes going around?  Hilarious!

More:
http://weknowmemes.com/2012/07/the-10-best-balotelli-memes/

And then some:
http://weknowmemes.com/2012/07/15-more-mario-balotelli-photoshop-memes/

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We had our "official" awards ceremony today. I ordered a cup for the winner (my middle child) and medals for the other two kids (3. and 4. place). With name graved in and everything. Was quite fun. They surely didn't expect that! :laugh:

Now looking forward to the Olympics!
See you again for the World Chamionship in two years (well, I guess earlier on other threads, but you know what I mean). Thanks for playing along in this fun thread with me, Gil! :)