Author Topic: London Olympics - News & Views  (Read 234326 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: London Olympics - News & Views
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2012, 09:56:27 am »
I don't get it. How is that in Women's Beach Volleyball, a U.S. team is playing a U.S. team for the gold.  ???

Did I hear that correctly?  ???

I got to see Alexandre Despatie dive yesterday. Unfortunately, he didn't make the finals. But he's still gorgeous. ...  ::)

I was surprised to see Troy Dumais was still an Olympian. Good for him!  :D

And Oscar Pistorius is cute. ...  ::)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2012, 12:06:19 pm »
I got to see Alexandre Despatie dive yesterday. Unfortunately, he didn't make the finals. But he's still gorgeous. ...   ::)

Actually, Alexandre DID make it to the finals, but ended way off the podium - like in 9th or 12th place.

BTW, even though he's be around for a long time, he's been in the starlight from the age of 13 - sooo he's currently still just 27 years old.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2012, 12:26:22 pm »
Actually, Alexandre DID make it to the finals, but ended way off the podium - like in 9th or 12th place.

BTW, even though he's be around for a long time, he's been in the starlight from the age of 13 - sooo he's currently still just 27 years old.

27 and 4 Olympics under his belt, that's pretty wild. He came in 11th, but he's had rough with two injuries and the last one was just six weeks before the games.  That was his last Olympic game and it's sound like he might be retiring from competition diving altogether.  He said in an interview that he now wanted to concentrate on an acting career.

I just watched the quarter men's water polo between Serbia & Australia. What an exiting game that was!  Australia lead the first three quarters but then Serbia woke up in the fourth to finish and one 11 to 8.

Now it's Spain vs Montenegro.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 03:05:19 pm by oilgun »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2012, 01:53:41 pm »

Thanks, Roland. I'm glad to know he did make the finals, sorry he didn't medal.

I saw the men's springboard semifinals yesterday, and I thought I saw the final scores in the semifinals,  ::)  and his name wasn't in them. I guess those rankings change after every dive, and I can't follow any of those scorings anyway!  :laugh: Maybe I didn't see all of the semifinals.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2012, 03:22:30 pm »

I just watched my very first game of Handball, France vs Spain, and I fell in love with it.  It's a really fast and aggressive game.  I could almost smell the testosterone emanating from my TV.   And I love that it's the national sport of Iceland, how cool is that?

They were tied at 22 points but France scored at literally the last second.  The spanish players were heartbroken of course, some were in tears.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2012, 05:25:16 pm »
Did anyone catch the Nederland's Epke Zonderland's high bar routine? I think it yesterday or the day before It was astonishing and easily got him the gold.  I think it was yesterday but I've been sick at home and watching the games nonstop so it's hard to keep track :

Here's a better shot, :-*:

Epke Zonderland

And being dutch he's not afraid to do some beekcake shots.  I added the sticker because I'm not sure if a bit of pubes violates the rules.  I've been warned twice about the photos I post, lol!  

(BTW: Do any of you know photo hosting sites located in Europe? Photobucket keeps censoring my pics.  Even that photo of a pork kidney I posted in the "What's the strangest food you ever eaten"!?)

Offline oilgun

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2012, 06:28:38 pm »
Bulgaria is moving on to the semi-finals in men's Volleyball. They dominated Germany and won all three sets.  The star of the show was Bulgaria's 6'9" , 22yr  Tsvetan (Tsetso) Sokolov.   It was an excellent game.  I couldn't find any revealing photos unfortunately.  I guess Eastern European male athletes are slower to commodify they're bodies.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2012, 09:29:04 pm »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

http://rumorfix.com/2012/08/henrik-rummel-is-that-a-gun-or-are-you-happy-to-see-me/

Henrik Rummel:
Is That A Gun
Or Are You Happy
To See Me?

[email protected]
Posted on August 8th, 2012 at 5:37 pm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2012, 09:32:57 pm »
Yummo!  ;D

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2012, 10:04:50 pm »

Yummo!  ;D

"The picture "stars" Team USA rower Henrik Rummel receiving
his bronze medal for the (cough) coxless four [Yes, that's what
the event is REALLY called!
] at the weekend, sporting what we
can politely call a bulge in his gentleman's area."
::) ::) ::) ::)